Why hasn’t Rockstar remastered Max Payne 1+2?

ZILFIN

Daps
This thread is making me feel old as hell. I remember how hyped MP1 was when it came out back in the early 2000's.
Nothing but praise for the gameplay and "bullet time" was so dope coming off the influence from The Matrix movies. :banderas:
I played the first game multiple times but never played 2 or 3. I feel like they were both overshadowed with every other game and console doing numbers at the time. :francis:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
I desperately wanted them to make 3 backwards compatible on the X1X

no dice tho :martin:

That would have revitalized the already killer Multiplayer scene it had back on the 360 as well shyt (multiplayer) was flames. However, I wouldn't want Rockstar touching this series without Remedy and Sam Jarvi's guiding hand 'cause Max Payne 3, was devoid of any of the wit, sardonic and black humour that the first 2 had when they decided to turn Max into a pill popping Kerry King in Brazil.

Remedy would have to be on board for this shyt to have any charm, Rockstar/take-two ain't capable of doing shyt like they used to anymore and with their bank accounts bursting at the seams, they've cashed out on trying to in my opinion.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Because Take 2 will have to find a way to uber monetize it.

i love Max Payne 3...but Rockstar considers it to be a flop, and the multiplayer didnt have staying power.
Sleeping dogs flopped at release too, it still managed to become a success through word of mouth and a remaster.

Same could have happened with Max payne 3 but they gave up on it early.

Legal

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That would have revitalized the already killer Multiplayer scene it had back on the 360 as well shyt (multiplayer) was flames. However, I wouldn't want Rockstar touching this series without Remedy and Sam Jarvi's guiding hand 'cause Max Payne 3, was devoid of any of the wit, sardonic and black humour that the first 2 had when they decided to turn Max into a pill popping Kerry King in Brazil.

Remedy would have to be on board for this shyt to have any charm, Rockstar/take-two ain't capable of doing shyt like they used to anymore and with their bank accounts bursting at the seams, they've cashed out on trying to in my opinion.

Wasn't expecting a Slayer punchline out of this thread. :dead:

Address_Unknown

Daps
Wasn't expecting a Slayer punchline out of this thread. :dead:

tenor.gif

full
Wasn't expecting anyone Black, on all Black Forum to catch the reference....Cac.​

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
With the engine off 3?

I swear MP3 was the peak of the euphoria engines power and instead of refining it and using it on GTA V they bushed it?

Why?

Why not use it for remaster of Manhunt or something? Ik I’m being a thirst but that engine alone made me buy shyt.

Y’all remember that experimental football game they made with it called Backbreaker? It proved you can make a sound sports game out of it so why stop?

It just hurts to see an underrated yet top tier asset go to waste.
Max Payne 1 was perfect in every way and it would be a severe downgrade if they tried to use the MP3 engine for a remake. The feel was completely different from the first two games but again. Max Payne 1 is an all-time great game. Unfortunately possibly due to licensing issues the game was never made backwards compatible on Xbox. None of them. It was a launch title on the original xbox so I figured they'd wanna do it (and star wars obi-wan which was dope)

Address_Unknown

Daps
Max Payne 1 was perfect in every way and it would be a severe downgrade if they tried to use the MP3 engine for a remake. )

As much as I love the charm and gameplay of the first one, why do you feel like having a cover system and the gun mechanics from 3 to be a severe downgrade if done properly with the lore, humour and atmosphere of the first? I think it would be on the same level as the RE2 remake in terms of modernizing an already classic experience to one that many would appreciate after enjoying the hell out of the first offering.

dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
As much as I love the charm and gameplay of the first one, why do you feel like having a cover system and the gun mechanics from 3 to be a severe downgrade if done properly with the lore, humour and atmosphere of the first? I think it would be on the same level as the RE2 remake in terms of modernizing an already classic experience to one that many would appreciate after enjoying the hell out of the first offering.

dso9p4.gif

Rest easy, King.​
I got a friend who been a PC gamer since Amiga days. He raved about Max Payne, I decided to scoop for the Xbox and what makes that game stand out was how each level felt like it was an open world even tho everything was scripted. No game before or after it recaptured that feel. Not even max Payne 2 (it tried, was still decent but wasn't epic)

I dug mp3, great game. But it wasn't even trying to be max Payne. I don't want that epic experience I'm still chasing replaced. I personally would rather have mp1 over mp3 if I had to choose one. I guess I should have started with that :manny:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
WHY would they?!!?:manny: they are becoming lazy breh...

Rockstar straight p*ssy thats why

It's TAKE Two preventing Rockstar from doing anything

I'm tired of seeing nikkas repeat whatever the fucc they see on the internet without doing any research of their own.

Here's an example

Birdman = Take Two

Lil Wayne = Rockstar