Why Every Resident Evil after RE4 (Including 4) Is Hot Trash

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
The camera angle is not what turned the series into action games, the gameplay did.

You dont need static camera angles and clunky controls for a game to be scary.

Dead space did the over the shoulder camera and was still scary.

Silent hill has always been scarier that resident evil without using static camera angles and tank controls.
I don't think y'all getting it. The stationery camera angle is what made Resident Evil... Resident Evil. It's what made the game unique

Removing it turned it into a different game completely

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I don't think y'all getting it. The stationery camera angle is what made Resident Evil... Resident Evil. It's what made the game unique

I dont think you get the fact that the stationary camera angle and tank controls were beginning to show its age and a change was gonna have to happen before the series died. At the time the camera and controls made the game scary but technology has advanced far enough to where they dont have to design a game around hardware limitations to get the same effect. Turning the main character into a badass who fights hoards of monsters with a limitless supply of ammo is what made the games feel less like the older games, not the camera angle.

Hindsight is funny like that, people pretend like that old style is missed now but I remember that same style being trashed at the time.

Resident evil 7 felt like a classic resident evil game even in first person.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
I dont think you get the fact that the stationary camera angle and tank controls were beginning to show its age and a change was gonna have to happen before the series died. At the time the camera and controls made the game scary but technology has advanced far enough to where they dont have to design a game around hardware limitations to get the same effect. Turning the main character into a badass who fights hoards of monsters with a limitless supply of ammo is what made the games feel less like the older games, not the camera angle.

Hindsight is funny like that, people pretend like that old style is missed now but I remember that same style being trashed at the time.

Resident evil 7 felt like a classic resident evil game even in first person.
It wasnt universally trashed but yea there was definitely complainers.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille

No it didn’t. What made resident evil was the slow pace, limited ammo, limited enemies and atmosphere of the locations you were in. The clunky controls and terrible camera angles were just a work around for limited tech.

llt23

All Star
Daps
The workaround for limited tech created exceptional gameplay.

The issue with modern games is that they think there are no graphical limitations and most games end up with ironically even shyttier gameplay than the ones people are saying are aged.

502Nels

Pro
Daps
Reppin
TheVille
The workaround for limited tech created exceptional gameplay.

The issue with modern games is that they think there are no graphical limitations and most games end up with ironically even shyttier gameplay than the ones people are saying are aged.

Lmao at exceptional gameplay. The games controlled like shyt.

Dead Space has exceptional gameplay. RE7 has exceptional gameplay. They both control much better, look much better and are way scarier than the early RE games.

Y’all putting too much in nostalgia.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
Damn near everything that is wrong with modern gaming started with RE4.....but morons love dumbed down bullshyt

I been hating on that game since it was released that video is just scratching the surface of why RE4 is garbage

The F.E.A.R series shyts on modern RE games

I will never get why people loved garbage RE4 and hate is sequals. :gucci:

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
The camera angle is not what turned the series into action games, the gameplay did.

You dont need static camera angles and clunky controls for a game to be scary.

Dead space did the over the shoulder camera and was still scary.

Silent hill has always been scarier that resident evil without using static camera angles and tank controls.

Exactly. RE4 was trash because the infected villagers would sprint toward you and all of sudden, stop and take mini-steps instead, giving you plenty to pop one in the leg, press A to do a karate kick a wave of villagers off of you. Rinse and repeat.
Gameplay! Was trash.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I will never get why people loved garbage RE4 and hate is sequals. :gucci:

Exactly. RE4 was trash because the infected villagers would sprint toward you and all of sudden, stop and take mini-steps instead, giving you plenty to pop one in the leg, press A to do a karate kick a wave of villagers off of you. Rinse and repeat.
Gameplay! Was trash.
RE4 was not a garbage game. It wasn't scary like resident evil should be but the game itself was fun as hell.

The sequels were shytted on because they weren't scary and that action style of gameplay was being done better by other games by this point, people just wanted resident evil to be resident evil again.

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
No it didn’t. What made resident evil was the slow pace, limited ammo, limited enemies and atmosphere of the locations you were in. The clunky controls and terrible camera angles were just a work around for limited tech.
Okay?? And??? that's also what made RE too. ALONG with the stationary camera.

The Resident Evil 1 Remake(GOAT Remake) was a masterpiece and was nowhere near limited tech. And had a stationary camera(as it should and so should the RE2 remake).

The fact that you guys call the camera angles terrible proves why it shouldn't have been changed in the 1st place. Most of you prefer an over the shoulder because you prefer to see everything in front of you and the entire surroundings because it gives you comfort.. That's cool, but Resident Evil took that away from you. They made you see what they wanted you to see and look at. They wanted you to be uncomfortable and uneasy

They wanted RE to be an action game more than survival with limited tools. To do this they had to make the shyt 1st person or over the shoulder. Which changed the dynamic of the game.

Capcom could never reproduce a "HOLY shyt!!" moment like this having the player damn near shyt themselves, with an over the shoulder camera
1457797533940.gif

Last edited:

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Begged and reported. Stop making trash threads and worry bout getting your ass beat on madden
why dont you beg to get taken off sanctions

e97.gif

it not a secret you went ALL the way to the superbowl only to come home a loser with your dikk in ya hands :russ: I can pull those receipts :mjgrin:

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Resident Evil 5 is flames in Retrospect. I enjoyed playing it local Co-op with my friend but was disappointed it was just a little too short.

Edit: Including 4 :gucci: ?!? game is classic

YOGEBEAR09

RAM Gang. Horns up
Daps
Reppin
Knickstape and dem Rams
why dont you beg to get taken off sanctions

e97.gif

it not a secret you went ALL the way to the superbowl only to come home a loser with your dikk in ya hands :russ: I can pull those receipts :mjgrin:
It's also not a secret that we've played 5 times this year and every time I've sent you ass home with that booty hurting. I even made you pull the plug in the offs last season. And thanks for sending me your first for that bum you ain't make the offs so its bout to feed me well. I can pull receipts of asswhooping

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
RE4 was not a garbage game. It wasn't scary like resident evil should be but the game itself was fun as hell.

The sequels were shytted on because they weren't scary and that action style of gameplay was being done better by other games by this point, people just wanted resident evil to be resident evil again.

Nah bro that game was trash. Gameplay was trash. The difficulty was trash. The enemies was trash. I had to force myself to beat the game and only did so because I was still a kid and bought the game with my own money and I wouldn't feel right to waste the little money I had as a kid. I let my friends borrow the game and they felt the same. It was boring, too easy and not scary at all. After you discover the cheese I mention earlier, you could just snowball through the game. RE4 being a good game is something that I only read about online. I never met someone in real life that that thought game was good.

Eternal Darkness, another horror game that was on the gamecube that was trash. Maybe I'm not weak minded and get spooked by the game atmosphere when I know I can just defeat the zombies/enemies with ease and the convenient checkpoints if some how die.