Why Every Resident Evil after RE4 (Including 4) Is Hot Trash

MMS

Intensity Integrity Intelligence
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Nah bro that game was trash. Gameplay was trash. The difficulty was trash. The enemies was trash. I had to force myself to beat the game and only did so because I was still a kid and bought the game with my own money and I wouldn't feel right to waste the little money I had as a kid. I let my friends borrow the game and they felt the same. It was boring, too easy and not scary at all. After you discover the cheese I mention earlier, you could just snowball through the game. RE4 being a good game is something that I only read about online. I never met someone in real life that that thought game was good.

Eternal Darkness, another horror game that was on the gamecube that was trash. Maybe I'm not weak minded and get spooked by the game atmosphere when I know I can just defeat the zombies/enemies with ease and the convenient checkpoints if some how die.
real talk every game is too easy cause of this

beat gow4 on give me god of war and it not nearly as unforgiving as GoW1 on hardest

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Nah bro that game was trash. Gameplay was trash. The difficulty was trash. The enemies was trash. I had to force myself to beat the game and only did so because I was still a kid and bought the game with my own money and I wouldn't feel right to waste the little money I had as a kid. I let my friends borrow the game and they felt the same. It was boring, too easy and not scary at all. After you discover the cheese I mention earlier, you could just snowball through the game. RE4 being a good game is something that I only read about online. I never met someone in real life that that thought game was good.

Eternal Darkness, another horror game that was on the gamecube that was trash. Maybe I'm not weak minded and get spooked by the game atmosphere when I know I can just defeat the zombies/enemies with ease and the convenient checkpoints if some how die.
Everyone has different taste breh, I feel like breath of the wild is mostly repetitive trash.
:yeshrug:

I've met a few people that didnt fukk with RE4, usually people that didnt play it till years later when other games refined the style.

Most people I know I real life loved the game tho.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Dont get why people think gameplay means total control, including the ability to roundhouse zombies.

Gameplay is the sum of all the parts. The tank controls work because of the static camera. Same with enemy design and how they interact with you.

Ill never get the fascination of just deading certain gameplay styles just to copy/paste the same over the shoulder 3rd person shyt thats in 90 percent of the games.

Modern gamers are like "why am i bored with gaming" after they bought the 30th third person shooter and the 25th FPS, then tell us old school style gameplay is ass.

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
Resident Evil 2 is still my favorite but Resident Evil 4 was fun as hell. Probably my 2nd favorite Resident Evil to go back and play after 2.

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Dont get why people think gameplay means total control, including the ability to roundhouse zombies.

Gameplay is the sum of all the parts. The tank controls work because of the static camera. Same with enemy design and how they interact with you.

Ill never get the fascination of just deading certain gameplay styles just to copy/paste the same over the shoulder 3rd person shyt thats in 90 percent of the games.

Modern gamers are like "why am i bored with gaming" after they bought the 30th third person shooter and the 25th FPS, then tell us old school style gameplay is ass.
:whoo: @PS4

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
ahhhhh people are in here saying RE4 one of the greatest games ever, is not only not their cup of tea but absolute trash. The coli never dissapoints.

Deucage

"Who's the best: Pac, Nas and Big?"
Daps
Reppin
Th...th...th..th...th...The Coli.com
Some really trash opinions about an established game going on around here. Only on The Coli. Good thing it’s a huge minority opinion, because the developers of your favorite third person games say otherwise. Matter of fact
“So when Gamespot recently caught up with the game’s director, Cory Barlog, you knew brilliance would be had. Well apparently, when developing the hit PS4 title, Barlog tapped into his love of Resident Evil 4 and became a huge influence. Talk about greatness following greatness.”

Looks like this seemingly “garbage” game continues to be a huge influence in the industry even today. :sas2:

MMS

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Auburn, AL
Some really trash opinions about an established game going on around here. Only on The Coli. Good thing it’s a huge minority opinion, because the developers of your favorite third person games say otherwise. Matter of fact
“So when Gamespot recently caught up with the game’s director, Cory Barlog, you knew brilliance would be had. Well apparently, when developing the hit PS4 title, Barlog tapped into his love of Resident Evil 4 and became a huge influence. Talk about greatness following greatness.”

Looks like this seemingly “garbage” game continues to be a huge influence in the industry even today. :sas2:
God of War is a bonafied action game :francis: folk aint out here struggling for green orbs we deciding if we should mix these colored roots or keep em separate

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO

That's because RE4 was the first over the shoulder third person shooter, aim down the sight shooter. First of it's kind and was revolutionary. I give them props for that but everything else I mention earlier is :trash:

Here's one of my other unpopular opinion. I couldn't get into GTA3 or GTA VC. I thought the concept for those two games were mind blowing revolutionary. But the on foot controls and shooting mechanics was straight :trash:. So I couldn't fukk it with until San Andreas finally came through with decent controls :banderas: