Why east africans cant be swole/huge like west africans/haitians/bantu/jamaicans/AAs

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
Also full of Italian and English. AKA loan words

The Somali language borrowed words from English, Italian and Arabic to fill in the gaps where there wasn't Somali equivalents.

Your vocabulary is tied to your immediate surroundings which is why we have over 200 words for camel and only foreign words for other objects.

Idk man I listen to arabic Islamic lectures with subtitles and I recognize somali words for everyday things

Like bed, face, chair, teacher... Idk I'm not knowledgable enough but we share too many basics. Who knows

Linguistically I don't think there's a closer language to arabic than ours other than urdu

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Idk man I listen to arabic Islamic lectures with subtitles and I recognize somali words for everyday things

Like bed, face, chair, teacher... Idk I'm not knowledgable enough but we share too many basics. Who knows

Linguistically I don't think there's a closer language to arabic than ours other than urdu

You're probably right as far as closeness however this has no bearing on genetic similarity. It reflects the historical links with Arabs through trade and religion. In fact Somali is not even a semitic language.

We borrowed certain Arabic words for objects and concepts ( e.g religious terms) that we had no prior equivalent for. Or if we did it had long been lost.

But overall it is an original and ancient tongue. Closest might be the Oromo language actually:patrice: we count the same and everything....

Btw Somali has original words for bed, chair and face. I don't know the one for teacher off top but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

DIMES

Retired troll
Daps
Reppin
baby, that was the old me
You're probably right as far as closeness however this has no bearing on genetic similarity. It reflects the historical links with Arabs through trade and religion. In fact Somali is not even a semitic language.

We borrowed certain Arabic words for objects and concepts ( e.g religious terms) that we had no prior equivalent for. Or if we did it had long been lost.

But overall it is an original and ancient tongue. Closest might be the Oromo language actually:patrice: we count the same and everything....

Btw Somali has original words for bed, chair and face. I don't know the one for teacher off top but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Macaalin is teacher

Lol not in my knowledge.... Maybe in some weird dialect.

As far as genetics... Our people are a mystery past 40-50 generations of what we can remember. We never wrote it down. We shouldn't be arrogant and claim with certainty that we don't come from a Arabic ppl because we really don't know. It make sense considering our proximity and strong linguistic similarities. Far enough back the tree gets smaller and we come from one man.

Phenotypically it's hard to deny admixture. I know it when I look at my family . Anyways we'll probably never know.

Monster

Aztec Street Soldier
Daps
Y'all are retarded. Not one person posted the right answer. I'm gonna make a thread to drop knowledge

ShenJingPoQi

All Star
Daps
Swoleness has nothing to do with genetics. If you are in a caloric surplus for a long time with right protein intake and gym routine, you will gain size and become swole. I think the only difference is muscle insertions.

Majority of people in the Horn are nomadic people, these people travel days just find water sources yet alone have enough to eat. So imagine for generations these people were in a caloric deficit. Even those who lived stationary, the area for generations have been affected by drought and warfare. They are war ravaged people. Look at the Irish during their famine or Nigerian during their civil war, war destroys physique and healthy diet changes everything, Dutch were once the shortest in Europe but dietary change has made them the tallest people in Europe

The diet. The diet is heavily carb laden with not enough intake of protein and fat. Eggs, chicken, fish, steak and pork aren’t usually found in these areas, so people aren’t getting protein, even if they get enough protein they aren’t getting enough to grow.
Cultural isolation. The gym culture is non-existent in these areas and in urban areas, soccer is king, so weights are pointless. You have people in the new world have been gyming since the 40s and these people have been using steroids since. People in these areas would be shock to know that gym even exists yet alone steroids.

Number games. There is more Nigerians than people from the Horn. Now add to West African population/New world blacks and Bantu numbers, you would automatically see more swole other Africans than people from the Horn even if lifting was a big part of the culture. And ya cats are crazy, most African whether Bantu, West African and from the South are usually lean/thin built. This notion of HUGE swole Africans walking around is a fantasy

And honestly, these cats are straight lazy. They have no real incentive to work out and their culture promotes laziness. Khat, Shiisha and tea. They love to sit down and talk in the evening, instead hitting the weight, taking in the protein and working that body. Most guys originally start gym to "get chicks" but a lot of these guys don't care because they have number one access to their women and can always go back home for wifey, so no incentive there. But this is changing,

In my hood, some of the swole thick cats are actually some Habesha cats and even I know numerous few swole Somalis. But where I live currently, lifting is huge and is part of the culture.
I say wait in America, maybe just one more generation and you will see much more swole cats. Getting swole is very easy actually.

Last edited:

EthioLady

Rookie
Daps
Has nothing to do with genetics. Even unmixed cushytic tribes are skinny. Its the highlands, diet and high elevation causing it.

AAs wouldn't be athletic if that were the case

There's no such thing as cushytic tribes or cushytic people, besides, the term cushytic has no meaning in horn africa languages.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Yea West Africans were never "Swole" just lean muscular people.

West Africans have high carb diets and historically lived active lifestyles (due to farming and stuff like that) so the high carb diets were needed for energy. The High Protein diet is a European thing. Also in America we dont live active enough where a complete West African Diet would be most efficient. That said, We dont need insane amounts of Protein like our Euro counter parts and Carbs are not our enemy.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
There's no such thing as cushytic tribes or cushytic people, besides, the term cushytic has no meaning in horn africa languages.

Ok "the tribes occupying the Horn of Africa who share a recent ancestor in the Ethiopian highlands" :comeon: I'm tired of you correcting me :pachaha:Lowkey feel like you work for the Ethio government :sas1: When you ready to go half on a baby and join East and West then get at me :takedat:

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
Yea West Africans were never "Swole" just lean muscular people.

West Africans have high carb diets and historically lived active lifestyles (due to farming and stuff like that) so the high carb diets were needed for energy. The High Protein diet is a European thing. Also in America we dont live active enough where a complete West African Diet would be most efficient. That said, We dont need insane amounts of Protein like our Euro counter parts and Carbs are not our enemy.
Can u expound on the diet part