Why don't we as Black folks make a bigger deal out of the abysmal failing schools that the kids of our community attend.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Because we run the school systems. Blame the adminstrators and they'll blame the teachers, Blame the teachers and they'll blame the students Blame the students and they'll blame the Parents and the parents are single Black mothers and we can't have that.
There you have it.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
Bingo. Schools that do not have adequate funding should be funded, but schools are not substitutes for parents. Schools are there to provide a curriculum for students to work through, not to make up for what the child is lacking at home.

The real bullshyt is not calling out the shyt people reproducing with no care for what they are bringing into this world. Nowhere near enough attention is placed on the failure of the parents to care for their child's education, or anything else involving them.

If schools have to make that much effort to ensure kids get an adequate education, then there should serious consideration into removing the child from their home. If the schools are being looked at to raise children then we need to make it hard on the people that create those children.

This is partially true. In the south, there's WAY less spending in the Public School System with some obvious states like Mississippi and Oklahoma near the bottom at only around $8k per student. Compare that to NY which spends almost $24k per student. The difference is there's spending that states and cities do that don't apply to a ton of other places. Like does the city provide public transit cards for students? Is there free breakfast/lunch? What are the extra-curricular offerings? That's all "spending" that isn't really classroom instruction and that adds up. So the answer isn't always just throw money at it.

The issue is the money is spent like shyt.

The number 1 thing cities gotta do is modernize facilities in the inner city. Kids CANNOT learn if they are worried about roaches, rats and burst pipes.

Secondly, you need to FUND EXTRA CURRICULARS THAT AREN'T SPORTS. And even then, fund more than just fukking football/basketball. Let's not even talk about how the music and arts programs have been cut. That was the shyt that got way more kids out the hood than sports.

Lastly, you have to up teacher pay. Teachers are making $90-110k in the burbs where I live now. In the city, you'd be lucky to get $65k. So guess what you get...the new teachers...the bad ones and the ones already checked out.

Hip-Hop-Bulls

All Star
Daps
Parents should be homeschooling. I'll be damned if I send my child somewhere to be educated, not only by another adult who has different principles and values from me, but also from other children and all the shyt they've been taught. NOPE...ESPECIALLY in 2024.

If you can't find the time to educate your child that's gotta change

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
Why don’t you super militant dweeb nikkas that post this shyt
Day in and day out
Get off your damn computers and mobile devices
Go be the change, inspiration and motivators y’all pretend to be on this damn forum co created by a white man
Outside-outside
Writing diatribes for other weird nikkas ain’t changing black folks conditions outside
Ain’t no way y’all doing anything in the real world
Those that are
Don’t speak on it
They just do

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
I’m an outsider but my girl is a teacher and my mom is a teacher. Districts vary but it seems to be a combination of things. Like in my girl’s school you could see a difference in parenting. Some of the parents expect the school to raise the kids too. It was just somewhere to drop their kids off, no more educational interaction beyond the walls. I can sympathize though, because they have to work, feed/bathe the children, and sleep. They may also be the only parent in the house.

My mom’s district’s issues usually come from administrative politics and fighting the state who keeps trying to son them.

@Rekkapryde you work in education don’t you?
You should stop sympathizing because that's their fault. They're the ones fukking it up for everybody else.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
Parents should be homeschooling. I'll be damned if I send my child somewhere to be educated, not only by another adult who has different principles and values from me, but also from other children and all the shyt they've been taught. NOPE...ESPECIALLY in 2024.

If you can't find the time to educate your child that's gotta change

Home Schooling isn’t as easy as you’d think

You should stop sympathizing because that's their fault. They're the ones fukking it up for everybody else.

Shaming and shytting on people will get you nowhere. Criticism is one thing, but being devoid of empathy ain’t that move

Especially when a child and education is involved

Tair

Superstar
Daps
Humans are incredible because of our ability to adapt to various conditions. Make the environment almost anything you want that can still sustain life, and humans will adapt to it.

If I give folks the bare minimum, they'll adapt to receiving the bare minimum and not expect anything more... :ohhh:

And, if I take those same people, give them more, now they have greater expectations. Though they can readapt to a lesser position, they'd prefer to stay in a better environment so those same people will fight tooth & nail to do so.

Better to keep a certain segment of the population :mjpls: from expecting more than they have.

Fang shuay - or whatever that 'oriental' term is - a few things when they start getting a clue.

:skip:

Superstar
Daps

:manny:
shyt happens. shyt is always going to happen, I won’t act like I’m better than them. Life can really suck. They have to dig deep everyday, and they aren’t gonna dig any deeper because I shyt on them on thecoli. The only ones I don’t have sympathy for are the neglectful and abusive parents.

I never even included crazy shyt happening with teachers, para’s, and staff, plus my own experiences and fukk up while I was going to school.

There won’t be any instant fix for schools, culture either. All I can do is work on my own kid, vote, and attend meetings so I know what’s going on…when the time comes.

⠀X ⠀

Geoff
Daps
A large portion of the parents simply don’t care. The same ones who will say they don’t have money for tutors, will send their kids to school looking fly af. And most don’t read to their kids or make the older ones read. It’s free to do that, so there’s no excuse.

It’s not just a black thing. Just look at some of these southern states with horrible schools, where they care more about sports than education.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
:manny:
shyt happens. shyt is always going to happen, I won’t act like I’m better than them. Life can really suck. They have to dig deep everyday, and they aren’t gonna dig any deeper because I shyt on them on thecoli. The only ones I don’t have sympathy for are the neglectful and abusive parents.

I never even included crazy shyt happening with teachers, para’s, and staff, plus my own experiences and fukk up while I was going to school.

There won’t be any instant fix for schools, culture either. All I can do is work on my own kid, vote, and attend meetings so I know what’s going on…when the time comes.
All I can tell you is godspeed breh

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Why don’t you super militant dweeb nikkas that post this shyt
Day in and day out
Get off your damn computers and mobile devices
Go be the change, inspiration and motivators y’all pretend to be on this damn forum co created by a white man
Outside-outside
Writing diatribes for other weird nikkas ain’t changing black folks conditions outside
Ain’t no way y’all doing anything in the real world
Those that are
Don’t speak on it
They just do
So you want these weird fake super militant Coli Incels to try to teach kids?

Would you trust any Coli Breh around your kids?

Whatever happens the kids will figure it out eventually. I was a drop out and I went to college.

Sbp

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
You as well if you got any little ones. I don’t know how these teachers do it, sometimes I don’t know how some of these students pull it off either.
My little ones are big now one is already in college and the other one graduates high-school next week. I clown around on this website alot. But offline I'm no nonsense and I had to stay on my kids to make sure they didn't fall in with the crowd. That's the only way it's gonna work because everything outside is telling them it's okay to not be shyt.

Daps
It’s not the school, it’s the parents.

The Coli: GMB

Also The Coli: single black mothers are the problem

Anti intellectualism is considered normal in the black community. Not showing up on time, doing things half assed, not using proper grammar, and blaming others for our problems are completely acceptable.

How many of those parents are making sure kids are doing homework after school, as opposed to letting them roam the streets?