Why don't we as Black folks make a bigger deal out of the abysmal failing schools that the kids of our community attend.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
You can't make a school good enough to overcome a shytty home situation. Most of these failing kids have parents that are shyt and do not care. You cant fix that at school.
So fukk the kids?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We are on social media talking about dating politics and pop culture but nothing about the sorry state of schools in our communities. I don't have kids but too many Black kids are graduating from schools ill prepared to compete in the economy. Why do we accept this?

Schools are funded by property taxes. The GDP of black areas has been nerfed by redlining and over policing.

Where exactly would you start here ?

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
So fukk the kids?
Is that what i said? I said very clearly for most of these kids you can not outschool the home life. If the parents (most likely parent) are not reading with their children, making sure they are doing their homework, keeping watch on their grades, looking for assistance if their children have issues, etc..... then there is very little a school can do.

Some of us have a problem with thinking education starts and ends outside of the home, when it should be inside of the home.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
spiderman-meme-16401651614x3.png

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Is that what i said? I said very clearly for most of these kids you can not outschool the home life. If the parents (most likely parent) are not reading with their children, making sure they are doing their homework, keeping watch on their grades, looking for assistance if their children have issues, etc..... then there is very little a school can do.

Some of have a problem with thinking education starts and ends outside of the home, when it should be inside of the home.
That’s what you essentially saying, if kids don’t have good parents than they assed out

I think that’s a bullshyt excuse for schools to not do they job, regardless of what happens at home that school needs to do everything in they power to help that child

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
The reason is that it eventually it will lead back to who is raising the majority of black children with a complete lack of discipline which happens to be single parent households. That means black women are the primary and sole provider and caretaker of the children(many of which who all share similar fathers) so anything that would make them look bad is a big no no on the coli. #protectblackwomen
Bingo.

I mean Ben Carson was raised by a functionally illiterate single mother but she made him read.

Now bytches be giving their kids Ipads because they don't want to hear their mouths.

You got Crack era mommas raising children now. Not even talking about people being on crack just growing up in an era where low key child neglect was normalized and you expect teachers to fix that?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
I think the only solution is to demand more from these schools, it’s a lot of bullshyt ass teachers out here and they destroying these kids before they even got a chance to fully realize they potential

It’s easy to say blame the parents but school is supposed to offset whatever happens at home, school is where kids supposed to really expand they minds and really express they creativity this supposed to happen regardless of what happens at home, we all pay way too much in taxes for these folks to fukk over the kids, and this ain’t just a black community issue we just get the worse of the results
You got a point but they'd have to be able to expel unruly influential kids.

The Altantic did a write up years ago about violence in Chicago They said that once the Projects where closed down and section 8 was handed out they influenced and bullied middle class Black Kids.

O-Block started out as a Middle class apartment complex until all those section 8 kids came in.

You'd have to supercharge the tracking and School to Prison pipeline and ID kids by the 4th grade and send them to reform schools meaning regular schools filled with "bad kids" and expand the juvenile justice system.

I knew a girl who taught at the Juvenile Prison near Butner (Fed prisoner) she said the kids werent hard to deal with because if they acted up they'd be kicked out of class and being in class even if they weren't learning was a needed distraction from just stying in their cells or the dayroom all day.

• Dap
Reactions: Sbp

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Parents talk about this all the time.

But the folks you’re talking about on social media probably didn’t have good schools themselves and therefore don’t see the problem.
This too. I went to several Fair Eastside syle schools and I didn't realize how little I knew till I went to college. And even then there were people who managed to make it so a non college eductaed person would think that since kids don't have to deal with gang politics and being shot on school grounds or student parking having way flyer cars than the teachers that shyt is pretty good now.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
I didn’t have problems in school, but I had a healthy two parent household.

Most of these demons destroying the school system don’t get held accountable for bad decisions at home.

What other members of the black community don’t get held accountable for their actions? :jbhmm:

Oh yeah. :rolleyes:

num123

Speak like a child
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area/Chicago
That’s what you essentially saying, if kids don’t have good parents than they assed out

I think that’s a bullshyt excuse for schools to not do they job, regardless of what happens at home that school needs to do everything in they power to help that child
Bingo. Schools that do not have adequate funding should be funded, but schools are not substitutes for parents. Schools are there to provide a curriculum for students to work through, not to make up for what the child is lacking at home.

The real bullshyt is not calling out the shyt people reproducing with no care for what they are bringing into this world. Nowhere near enough attention is placed on the failure of the parents to care for their child's education, or anything else involving them.

If schools have to make that much effort to ensure kids get an adequate education, then there should serious consideration into removing the child from their home. If the schools are being looked at to raise children then we need to make it hard on the people that create those children.

Superstar
Daps
I’m an outsider but my girl is a teacher and my mom is a teacher. Districts vary but it seems to be a combination of things. Like in my girl’s school you could see a difference in parenting. Some of the parents expect the school to raise the kids too. It was just somewhere to drop their kids off, no more educational interaction beyond the walls. I can sympathize though, because they have to work, feed/bathe the children, and sleep. They may also be the only parent in the house.

My mom’s district’s issues usually come from administrative politics and fighting the state who keeps trying to son them.

@Rekkapryde you work in education don’t you?

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Bingo. Schools that do not have adequate funding should be funded, but schools are not substitutes for parents. Schools are there to provide a curriculum for students to work through, not to make up for what the child is lacking at home.

The real bullshyt is not calling out the shyt people reproducing with no care for what they are bringing into this world. Nowhere near enough attention is placed on the failure of the parents to care for their child's education, or anything else involving them.

If schools have to make that much effort to ensure kids get an adequate education, then there should serious consideration into removing the child from their home. If the schools are being looked at to raise children then we need to make it hard on the people that create those children.
anybody that ever went to a ghetto school knows this.

They give you the work you either do it or don't do it. The ones that didn't do the homework got flagged and ignored. A Teacher can't make kids do their homework but parents can.