Why Don't Many Black Folks Know That Abraham Lincoln Tried To Deport Blacks After The Civil War?

Starman

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
So blacks getting their own Israel is now a bad thing. :mjpls:

I wish I was more knowledgeable about it, but thats what Liberia was supposed to be.

If anyone knows more, why did the colony fail? Why didn't the freed Blacks displace the native Black population of Liberia?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I thought that was common knowledge to be honest. But I guess for 1860s standards, he was considered progressive.

How do you guys feel about Ulysses Grant?

Medicate

Old School New School Need To Learn Though
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Lets get one thing straight here. Lincoln is highly regarded for getting us through the civil war and keeping the union together. To say one man ended slavery would be like saying one man can end capitalism. Its an insult to the hard work, blood, sweat and tears of thousands of people.

Regardless of his stance on slavery, lincoln preserved the union and that helped lead America on the path to superpower status. There is nothing constructive about looking back at historical figures through the lenses of modern morality. Instead, I will try to emulate lincoln's virtues and try not to repeat his mistakes.

Low key there has never been a president that was THAT great on the like Otto Von Bismark, Churchill, Mao Zedong, MLK level of leader. And thats not really what a president is supposed to be.

This is exactly as he is viewed.by a lot in the Black Community, like a Jesus of some sort.. Only you cacs care about him "Keeping the Union Together"..........

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I thought that was common knowledge to be honest. But I guess for 1860s standards, he was considered progressive.

How do you guys feel about Ulysses Grant?

Common Knowledge? Try walking up to the average Black man and woman and asking this, I guarantee you it wouldn't be common knowledge.

And I don't feel shyt for Ulysses Grant....he was an owner of slaves........like the majority of the presidents. All devils who are resting in piss..

Medicate

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
I wish I was more knowledgeable about it, but thats what Liberia was supposed to be.

If anyone knows more, why did the colony fail? Why didn't the freed Blacks displace the native Black population of Liberia?

Liberia has a wealth of rubber trees and farms.....Where there are rich resources, you can expect the white man to interfere to steal and take control of.

Liberia is what built Firestone Rubber Company early on and is still going today.......They were not allowing REAL repatriation and Black control over that.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/firestone-and-the-warlord/

The white man's hands are all over the FAILURE of any REAL repatriation. I've been telling people that those behind the scenes in Amerikkkan government can't let us go, they need the slave labor, which continues today disguised as Capitalism........

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
This is exactly as he is viewed.by a lot in the Black Community, like a Jesus of some sort.. Only you cacs care about him "Keeping the Union Together"..........

Unlike broke boys like you I benefit from keeping the union together every single day. I didnt say anything in support of lincoln whatsoever. Simply stated facts. Funny how on here if you show any individualism or initiative in your life you must be white. Go log into your real account fakkit.

Handsback

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:leostare:

You're aware of what the Civil War was about right? What the hell do you think would've happened to all of us in the south if the Confederacy had won?

And you should check out this chart. Many Presidents owned slaves but not most and certainly not Lincoln. I don't know where you're getting your facts but they're feeding you bad info.

http://home.nas.com/lopresti/ps.htm

Calmye

Cali born Cali bred
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Why is that a bad thing? We would actually have a nation of our own if he did so

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
This country would be no more if America ever decided to remove all the blacks.

It would be Bacon's Rebellion X 100

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Abraham Lincoln was a racist fukking piece of shyt. Thanks for making this thread, I thought this was common knowledge...but whatever.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Then again, we can pretty much assume all the presidents were racists though...

this country is unbearable for black people....just evil to its core. Sickening.