Why doesn't Once Upon A Time in America get more props?

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the whole Max as a senator storyline was a hallucination.The opium scene is really BEFORE that...surprised y'all didn't know that :manny:
Yeah slow posters on here the shyt was def a opium hallucination. It was his way to cope that he got all his friends killed. His hallucination ends with him being the victim, the bigger man and not responsible for any of his friends death lol

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yeah slow posters on here the shyt was def a opium hallucination. It was his way to cope that he got all his friends killed. His hallucination ends with him being the victim, the bigger man and not responsible for any of his friends death lol
+the girl he raped hooked up with his mortal enemy who she despised, and had a kid with him (literally played by the teenage Max actor showing a lack of imagination on Noodles part). And her and her brother don't even seem too mad at Noodles.

I'm also leaning to the hallucination theory nowadays...

Last edited:

DaddyFresh

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
+the girl he raped hooked up with his mortal enemy who she despised, and had a kid with him (literally played by the teenage Max actor showing a lack of imagination on Noodles part). And her and her brother don't even seem too mad at Noodles.

I'm also leaning to the hallucination theory nowadays...
Exactly. She was also acting like the brutal rape never happened to her and was still being sweet with him. She was also still pretty and youthful while max and noodles were old as shyt. She would have looked like a grandma. I’m pretty sure once he gets his friends killed he goes to the opium den and he still there at the end of the movie . Classic joint ahead of its time.

Hostile

All Star
Daps
I ain't watch this in so long. How did I not know it was a hallucination :snoop:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
I ain't watch this in so long. How did I not know it was a hallucination :snoop:

That was debunked bruh…

Some people, including Sergio Leone, have suggested that the events in the 1960s depicted in the film could be nothing more than an opium-fueled dream of Noodles. However, it's not at all a realistic possibility to think that Noodles could have randomly imagined two unique things existing in the future that are known to be real: The Beatles song Yesterday, and the name Jimi Hendrix, both of which are heard in the 1960s segment.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
It isnt a good movie that people want to watch again because they were entertained.

Ifnyou like it cook, not taking anything away from thag, but you have to accept that tou might like niche movies and that it didnt have mass appeal.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
It's a good movie but the pacing isn't that great which makes it a hard watch for some.