Why doesn't Once Upon A Time in America get more props?

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
I have tried to watch this a couple times, but anytime it's on, it will be starting at like 11pm, and I gotta work the next day. then it's never on netflix, nor is it on demand so I can watch it when I'm free. one of the few gangster genre movies I have never seen.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I think because depending on which cut you saw, it became an entirely different movie. AMC and the Turners used to play this all of the time in mid-90's. Each time, I thought I was going crazy...like are scenes missing? One time the Turners put it on at 12M, and it didn't go off until 5am....that still wasn't the complete. The OG cut if I remember correctly, doesn't have the whole shootout in the beginning.

bigrodthe1

The Kang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
7mile to SE & Uptown!
the whole Max as a senator storyline was a hallucination.The opium scene is really BEFORE that...surprised y'all didn't know that :manny:
As for the final scene, the one with De Niro's enigmatic drugged up smile (which has been compared to Leonardo's Mona Lisa smile), it is open to the viewer's interpretation. It might mean that everything that happened after Max's death (the faked one) is just an opium induced dream/hallucination by Noodles

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
the whole Max as a senator storyline was a hallucination.The opium scene is really BEFORE that...surprised y'all didn't know that :manny:
Eh, I think it's left so you could possibly interpret it that way.

That would be a pretty detailed intricate hallucination.