Why doesn’t Nintendo get shyt for not having backwards compatibility?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The Switch is actually a good console, but man they NEVER drop the prices on they games. They games be 3 or 4 years old still the same price as when they came out. :mjlol:
Breh, I dusted off my Wii U during the pandemic to finish up some games. Took a look in the E-shop to see what some other A-games were priced at. All them shyts in there were full priced. fukking Wii U games from almost a decade ago! :heh:

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Breh, I dusted off my Wii U during the pandemic to finish up some games. Took a look in the E-shop to see what some other A-games were priced at. All them shyts in there were full priced. fukking Wii U games from almost a decade ago! :heh:

That's why I don't understand people who stan Nintendo like that. They literally release consoles that are 4-5 years out of date when they initially launch, they might fukk around and give you a sale on a game for $40 once a year and it only last 24 hours, not to mention they literally live off Mario, Zelda, Pokemon, and I guess that Animal Crossing bullshyt. No major 3rd party titles. Nintendo is like the fukking mob, and people just keep buying into it.... now let me go boot up my switch and play some Mario Kart. :russ::mjcry:

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
But over the long arc of history, this isn't true.

GBA was BC with GB.
DS was BC with GBA.
3DS is BC with the DS.
Wii was BC with the GC (at first anyways).
Wii U was BC with the GC.

Switch is the first time a console has flat-out not been BC since the N64, and it's because the games are formatted to SD flash cards. So I'm not upset.

I'll agree with ya'll that it's bullshyt their first party titles never drop in price. But..that's the Nintendo effect.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
Nintendo get away with a load of shyt Playstation get shyt on because Nintendo fanboys are completely insane and shut down any discourse on the subject. :yeshrug:
Dude, you do the same thing when someone offers even constructive criticism of Sony and one of their platforms. Way too much brand loyalty on this forum.

The Minister Of Culture

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I can’t stand it
I still don’t understand how they don’t have gba in the retro console section

They either gonna add it eventually and charge you for it or never do it at all just like with the 3ds which had the capability to play GBA games due the handheld having a GBA cpu inside.

This is the only reason i still keep my modded WII U for times i want to play damn near everything from Nintendos catalog from NES all the way to WII U, GameBoy to DS, Sega Master system-Sega cds, neo geo,tubrografx etc

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Dude, you do the same thing when someone offers even constructive criticism of Sony and one of their platforms. Way too much brand loyalty on this forum.

Too many Sony Stans. They be on some Trump supporting shyt, when more and more 3rd party companies go bankrupt due to expensive gaming development

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
Regardless they've already sold 80+ million ninetendo switch consoles.

Breh Pokemon hasn't had a good game since black and white 2 on the DS, and it still sells 15 million copies for almost every title since.

This is a company that just don't give a shyt and could get away with it.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Regardless they've already sold 80+ million ninetendo switch consoles.

Breh Pokemon hasn't had a good game since black and white 2 on the DS, and it still sells 15 million copies for almost every title since.

This is a company that just don't give a shyt and could get away with it.

The thing with nintendo though is they’ll have a super successful console and follow it up with a terrible one. While the switch and the WII are monsters, the GameCube and wii-u were disasters. The N64 was also pretty lousy sales wise.

They are like the Eminem of gaming, they have devoted fan base of people but despite selling a lot of albums every other album is a flop.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Nintendo gets away with their shady shyt the same way :mj:got a pass (for a time) for his shyt.

MJ made THRILLER
Nintendo made the NES

You create something truly groundbreaking and revolutionary and you’re going to get a pass from fans

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The thing with nintendo though is they’ll have a super successful console and follow it up with a terrible one. While the switch and the WII are monsters, the GameCube and wii-u were disasters. The N64 was also pretty lousy sales wise.

They are like the Eminem of gaming, they have devoted fan base of people but despite selling a lot of albums every other album is a flop.

The Wii might have been a commercial success, but honestly, it was part of the reason the Wii U failed. Its 3rd party support was pretty bad honestly. It is easily the most overrated system of all time. Hardcore gamers honestly didn't have much of a reason to own one outside of playing MP3, Brawl, Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, and DKC Returns.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
The Wii might have been a commercial success, but honestly, it was part of the reason the Wii U failed. Its 3rd party support was pretty bad honestly. It is easily the most overrated system of all time. Hardcore gamers honestly didn't have much of a reason to own one outside of playing MP3, Brawl, Mario Galaxy 1 + 2, and DKC Returns.

Mad world was cool

cropped-Mad-World-Wii-Review.png