Why does the Coli hate landlord's so much?

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
That number doesn’t include the mortgage payments and property taxes they’re literally getting someone else to pay off for them, which could be anywhere in the 24k-72k range

Edit: 24k-72k for a SINGLE unit
If I have a mortgage and instead of living there and paying it, you live there and pay it... That's not a profit.. It costs me to own the place I'm using for profit..

Like if I had a car rental place.. My profit is not that part of my money that pays the car note :francis:

If my rent is $800 and my landlord has to pay $600 of it to the bank... He made $200.. If I fukk him over and don't pay next month, he's on the hook for all $800.. If he got a shytty house and nobody wants to live there, it's on the hook. If he don't check me out and I bust up the walls and dogs shyt on the carpet... He's on the hook for that. If the place gets hit by a tornado and I'm good to up and move to a new spot tomorrow, he's on the hook for that...

It's not some promised money or promised tenant money... They bought a product and are loaning it out, no different than any other system of sales. What y'all are basically saying is, you don't want people to have that ability to do that....

But I don't see any alternative as to what the rules would be, who gets to own what and how much, who gets to set the prices, etc etc etc etc.. Y'all want something but ain't saying how to get there

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If there was suddenly a one house limit tomorrow... What do you feel would change, that would make everyone suddenly be able to afford a house?
That would be quite a drastic solution but if it happened then both the cost of housing and the cost of renting would immediately plummet. More people would be able to afford a home and many many others would be able to pay off their debts and work towards owning a home far faster.

You do know you can go out, just like all of history like you said.... And buy some cheap land and build your own house? You can get acresssssssssssssssssss with 20k... You can get shytty houses and fix them up... You can get a trailer and just put it on land till you get the money... You can build it slowly over time, just buy the land.....
Breh, many many people who rent can't do that because they're already in debt and can barely keep up with their rent as it is, due to landlords. Most people don't have the sort of flexibility you're assuming to just buy land wherever, they have to live where they can get a job and most places where you can get a job, the speculators and sharks have already bought up all the property for the exact purpose of exploiting the working class.

And even the folk who live in the middle of nowhere are falling behind. Did you not read a single one of my links about the decline in Black-owned housing and the massive loss of Black-owned rural land?

And that shyt costs $500k... But instead of starting off with something for 100k and working towards the 500k... You'd rather rent something for $900 cause it's all those things... It's just not YOURS.
You talking like most people who don't already own assets can just grab a $100k home available and pick up a job right there?

People back in the days wasn't moving into luxury off the bat either. The peasants houses were shytty ones back then too. The rich had multiple houses then too.. The poor worked the fields to pay "rent" too... Banks wasn't loaning out to people with bad credit in the 30s either..
The 30s? The 20s/early 30s were the most exploitative time period in our history outside of slavery, why is that your comparison? :mjlol:

If I have a mortgage and instead of living there and paying it, you live there and pay it... That's not a profit.. It costs me to own the place I'm using for profit..
I swear, y'all have been brainwashed into this "America, fukk ya!" shyt for so long you can't even keep basic shyt straight. :gucci:

If someone else is paying off your mortgage for you then every fukking dollar they pay off of your mortgage is your profit. :francis:

Talking about coming out 15 years later with an entire house paid-off by other people and claiming you didn't profit. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Not to mention the increase in property value over that time that you ALSO profit. :dead:

Last edited:

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

Like if I had a car rental place.. My profit is not that part of my money that pays the car note :francis:

If my rent is $800 and my landlord has to pay $600 of it to the bank... He made $200.. If I fukk him over and don't pay next month, he's on the hook for all $800.. If he got a shytty house and nobody wants to live there, it's on the hook. If he don't check me out and I bust up the walls and dogs shyt on the carpet... He's on the hook for that. If the place gets hit by a tornado and I'm good to up and move to a new spot tomorrow, he's on the hook for that...

It's not some promised money or promised tenant money... They bought a product and are loaning it out, no different than any other system of sales. What y'all are basically saying is, you don't want people to have that ability to do that....

But I don't see any alternative as to what the rules would be, who gets to own what and how much, who gets to set the prices, etc etc etc etc.. Y'all want something but ain't saying how to get there
Why wouldn’t he be on the hook? He owns the property and any capital gains from selling it.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The People only paying $900 a month in the boonies of nowhere or who perpetually live with their parents and still on their parents’ cell phone plan, arguing in favor of landlords in this thread.
:dead::deadrose:
I’ve been out the house since I was 17 - there to a college dorm; basically lived in every major northern east coast city- I swear to gawd if you haven’t lived life or been on your own with life experience to know what you’re talking about please stfu. If you’re even a week late on rent in Jersey or NYC, the landlords will come knocking on your door or post up a notice. Miss me with all of the “goodness of their hearts” landlord bullshyt. I had a landlord rent to me without telling me his place was in foreclosure even though I paid on time every month which means he wasn’t using my rent money on his mortgage- the bank took over the home and the bank ended up extending the lease; another landlord trying to stiff me on my security deposit by manufacturing repairs - if I didn’t have documentation (bc I get everything in writing) he would have tried to charge the extra fees. I had a few pervert landlords drop by unannounced or attempt to “negotiate” - I moved the f out a few times bc those sick fuks probably had hidden cameras around the place; the creepers that they were- (white men of course), bastahds charging $500 more per month than they do white tenants for the same place. I’ve been a volunteer legal aide in landlord- tenant court where slumlords were forcing tenants out by shutting off utilities, deliberately not making repairs, in order to capitalize on market trends and purge the building. I’ve seen people renting $500k houses prefer people with section 8 vouchers bc it was easier for them to collect through the state over people with jobs lol. Edit- oh, how could I forget the time that A landlord sued the tenant so that he could be on TV - People’s Court. There’s so much shady shyt going on. So all of this the “landlord is struggling” too fallacy is 90% false. They want their disposable income at the risk of compromising people’s health and safety. Not to mention how they were exploiting people pre-pandemic.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Dafuq are you rambling about??
:mjtf::skip::deadrose::deadrose:
The only thing I got out of this overly long nonsense rant was where the f do you live where rent is only $900??!!! (Amenities included). I’m paying 3x that + utilities(water, sewage, gas, trash, and electric)
:picard::dwillhuh:

You pay almost 3k a month, and the landlord not happy. Thats like tricking on a thot with millions of dollars, and she still not happy. After a certain point, the landlord itself is not happy. Greed is a never ending goal, and most of,society suffers cause of it.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Dafuq are you rambling about??
:mjtf::skip::deadrose::deadrose:
The only thing I got out of this overly long nonsense rant was where the f do you live where rent is only $900??!!! (Amenities included). I’m paying 3x that + utilities(water, sewage, gas, trash, and electric)
:picard::dwillhuh:
That would be quite a drastic solution but if it happened then both the cost of housing and the cost of renting would immediately plummet. More people would be able to afford a home and many many others would be able to pay off their debts and work towards owning a home far faster.

Breh, many many people who rent can't do that because they're already in debt and can barely keep up with their rent as it is, due to landlords. Most people don't have the sort of flexibility you're assuming to just buy land wherever, they have to live where they can get a job and most places where you can get a job, the speculators and sharks have already bought up all the property for the exact purpose of exploiting the working class.

And even the folk who live in the middle of nowhere are falling behind. Did you not read a single one of my links about the decline in Black-owned housing and the massive loss of Black-owned rural land?

You talking like most people who don't already own assets can just grab a $100k home available and pick up a job right there?

The 30s? The 20s/early 30s were the most exploitative time period in our history outside of slavery, why is that your comparison? :mjlol:

I swear, y'all have been brainwashed into this "America, fukk ya!" shyt for so long you can't even keep basic shyt straight. :gucci:

If someone else is paying off your mortgage for you then every fukking dollar they pay off of your mortgage is your profit. :francis:

Talking about coming out 15 years later with an entire house paid-off by other people and claiming you didn't profit. :mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Not to mention the increase in property value over that time that you ALSO profit. :dead:
Why wouldn’t he be on the hook? He owns the property and any capital gains from selling it.
Let me make this as simple as possible

I own a product... This could be a house, land, a baseball bat, a car, a ship, a mcdonalds, a clothing store.... whatever.......... Someone wants my product.. They "need" it. Like they need food, water and clothing.. They have two options.. They can get their own, pay for it, take on all responsibility for it, and do whatever they see fit with it............. OR they can use my product, and for me still having the responsibility and ownership, I get to name the parameters while you use my shyt.............

This is basic business 101. So if you don't like the rent/landlord, there is land, homes, and places you can buy, all over america. Will they ALL be in your price range? No... But some will. Do you want the nice rental or your OWN rundown? Will they all be close to your job? No.... But do you want to drive more and own? Or live close and rent? Will they need you to fix them up? Probably... But you can always rent something and have the landlord take on that responsibility... In fact, you don't know what he already put in work or money wise, to get the house to the point you want to rent. But you've already determined his profit..........

That's fukking life man. I want a lambo.. Guess what.. I may have to buy a Nissan... I may have to buy a piece of shyt for $2k. But how I look blaming the dealer... "b-b-b-b-ut you only bought this for $5k and you making me pay 22k.. You know I need to get to work. You know there ain't no trains here. You know my credit ain't good." nikka then take the bus, walk, get a bust down, or pay up... But it's not the dealer's problem, you can't afford what you want.

I can't afford to live in DC.. So I live in VA.. I can't afford to live in Northern VA... So I went south... Did I complain and bytch and moan and say "Oh these landlords the reason I can't live here" No I look at myself and see what sacrifices I want to make to live there... Or make none and move out the area... But it ain't the damn landlord fault.. The bank wasn't selling me that house for under 500k 20 years ago and it's 1.5 million now... Wasn't the man with 2 houses who caused that. They got a man hired to assess the value of the home when you buy it.. What the landlord gotta do with that? It was the corporation with 600 properties in 36 states and the gentrification caused by the same companies y'all ain't blaming that push out locals and raise the property values much more than the landlord.

Do y'all really believe these people with 5-8 properties sit around devising plans to raise values across the board.. These places sometimes ain't even in the same counties or states. They got 5 homes and turned into political and real estate geniuses to sway laws and reforms and zoning that's allowed this to happen all this time....

This is once again blaming the little man when the real people causing these problems are banks and politicians and big corporations... Like always

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
The People only paying $900 a month in the boonies of nowhere or who perpetually live with their parents and still on their parents’ cell phone plan, arguing in favor of landlords in this thread.
:dead::deadrose:
I’ve been out the house since I was 17 - there to a college dorm; basically lived in every major northern east coast city- I swear to gawd if you haven’t lived life or been on your own with life experience to know what you’re talking about please stfu. If you’re even a week late on rent in Jersey or NYC, the landlords will come knocking on your door or post up a notice. Miss me with all of the “goodness of their hearts” landlord bullshyt. I had a landlord rent to me without telling me his place was in foreclosure even though I paid on time every month which means he wasn’t using my rent money on his mortgage- the bank took over the home and the bank ended up extending the lease; another landlord trying to stiff me on my security deposit by manufacturing repairs - if I didn’t have documentation (bc I get everything in writing) he would have tried to charge the extra fees. I had a few pervert landlords drop by unannounced or attempt to “negotiate” - I moved the f out a few times bc those sick fuks probably had hidden cameras around the place; the creepers that they were- (white men of course), bastahds charging $500 more per month than they do white tenants for the same place. I’ve been a volunteer legal aide in landlord- tenant court where slumlords were forcing tenants out by shutting off utilities, deliberately not making repairs, in order to capitalize on market trends and purge the building. I’ve seen people renting $500k houses prefer people with section 8 vouchers bc it was easier for them to collect through the state over people with jobs lol. Edit- oh, how could I forget the time that A landlord sued the tenant so that he could be on TV - People’s Court. There’s so much shady shyt going on. So all of this the “landlord is struggling” too fallacy is 90% false. They want their disposable income at the risk of compromising people’s health and safety. Not to mention how they were exploiting people pre-pandemic.
Had a landlord in Greenwich Village who increased my rent from $2150 to $2495 after a year, and when I told him to fukk off he put the listing on the management company’s website at $2495, 60 days before the end of my lease. A month goes by and the listing is still up, no takers. Dude eventually comes down to $1850 on the website, but doesn’t know I’m aware. Tries to offer me to continue my lease for “only” $100 more, at $2250. I told him to kick rocks and got out of there stat.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps

I own a product... This could be a house, land, a baseball bat, a car, a ship, a mcdonalds, a clothing store.... whatever.......... Someone wants my product.. They "need" it. Like they need food, water and clothing.. They have two options.. They can get their own, pay for it, take on all responsibility for it, and do whatever they see fit with it............. OR they can use my product, and for me still having the responsibility and ownership, I get to name the parameters while you use my shyt.............

This is basic business 101. So if you don't like the rent/landlord, there is land, homes, and places you can buy, all over america. Will they ALL be in your price range? No... But some will. Do you want the nice rental or your OWN rundown? Will they all be close to your job? No.... But do you want to drive more and own? Or live close and rent? Will they need you to fix them up? Probably... But you can always rent something and have the landlord take on that responsibility... In fact, you don't know what he already put in work or money wise, to get the house to the point you want to rent. But you've already determined his profit..........

That's fukking life man. I want a lambo.. Guess what.. I may have to buy a Nissan... I may have to buy a piece of shyt for $2k. But how I look blaming the dealer... "b-b-b-b-ut you only bought this for $5k and you making me pay 22k.. You know I need to get to work. You know there ain't no trains here. You know my credit ain't good." nikka then take the bus, walk, get a bust down, or pay up... But it's not the dealer's problem, you can't afford what you want.

I can't afford to live in DC.. So I live in VA.. I can't afford to live in Northern VA... So I went south... Did I complain and bytch and moan and say "Oh these landlords the reason I can't live here" No I look at myself and see what sacrifices I want to make to live there... Or make none and move out the area... But it ain't the damn landlord fault.. The bank wasn't selling me that house for under 500k 20 years ago and it's 1.5 million now... Wasn't the man with 2 houses who caused that. They got a man hired to assess the value of the home when you buy it.. What the landlord gotta do with that? It was the corporation with 600 properties in 36 states and the gentrification caused by the same companies y'all ain't blaming that push out locals and raise the property values much more than the landlord.

Do y'all really believe these people with 5-8 properties sit around devising plans to raise values across the board.. These places sometimes ain't even in the same counties or states. They got 5 homes and turned into political and real estate geniuses to sway laws and reforms and zoning that's allowed this to happen all this time....

This is once again blaming the little man when the real people causing these problems are banks and politicians and big corporations... Like always
You don’t own the product. You paid a modest downpayment to put it out of reach of others who need the product, and are now lording it over them at an exorbitant cost. If you owned the crib, the bank wouldn’t be knocking at your door

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether

You can't even get basic terminology right. You didn't "produce" anything in this equation, so don't call it a "product". It's an asset.

And in most cases it's not some fukking choice on their part not to own, they can't own cause the a$$hole with more money bought up more land than he needed so the people with less money go without.

You took control of an asset because you had more expendable money than the other person, and you are profiting off the fact that they can't afford a down payment on their own place. You are profiting off of their relative poverty despite not having added a single property to America's net total of land or homes. You take without having given - by some definitions, that makes you a parasite.

Everything else in you diatribe is, "Why don't you just stop being poor, working-class person?" :mjlol:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
You don’t own the product. You paid a modest downpayment to put it out of reach of others who need the product, and are now lording it over them at an exorbitant cost. If you owned the crib, the bank wouldn’t be knocking at your door
No response from Captain cac @The Devil's Advocate

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
another landlord trying to stiff me on my security deposit by manufacturing repairs - if I didn’t have documentation (bc I get everything in writing) he would have tried to charge the extra fees.
Only one? Damn near every American apartment I've rented in the landlord tried to make up shyt to poach the security deposit. Repairs for shyt we had nothing to do with, exorbitant "cleaning" charges, etc. My roommates and I spent the entire day carefully scrubbing the blinds when we left one spot and got a $400 charge for blinds cleaning anyway. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Had a landlord in Greenwich Village who increased my rent from $2150 to $2495 after a year, and when I told him to fukk off he put the listing on the management company’s website at $2495, 60 days before the end of my lease. A month goes by and the listing is still up, no takers. Dude eventually comes down to $1850 on the website, but doesn’t know I’m aware. Tries to offer me to continue my lease for “only” $100 more, at $2250. I told him to kick rocks and got out of there stat.

:smh:

People like that deserve to be shot.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
They could have paid it too right? But didn't right? How is that my fukking problem?

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Only one? Damn near every American apartment I've rented in the landlord tried to make up shyt to poach the security deposit. Repairs for shyt we had nothing to do with, exorbitant "cleaning" charges, etc. My roommates and I spent the entire day carefully scrubbing the blinds when we left one spot and got a $400 charge for blinds cleaning anyway. :mjlol:

Back in 2018 we rented a two-bedroom in Inglewood for $1600. Three brehs got shot next door (I wrote about that shyt in TLR), to give you an idea of the type of neighborhood . Landlord was kicking us out cause the football stadium was getting built, they were claiming they were gonna "remodel" the place in order to bypass rent-hiking laws. New price was $2750.

The landlords were getting an extra $1150 a month, that's an additional $14,000/year per unit, solely because a team moved into town. They didn't bring the team into town, they didn't have meaningful additional costs, they just knew they could extract more money off the market so they did so.

I drove by a few weeks ago to check it out and they had literally repainted just the very front of the building while leaving the rest of it the old color. I'm talking the front is aqua blue now while the back 4/5 of the shyt is still adobe brown. That should give you an idea of how much money they put into those "renovations".

And like y'all said above, it's not like these examples are aberrations, they're a natural part of the system. If the landlord cared in any meaningful way about the people renting, they would charge something relatively close to cost and give the family renting the opportunity to rent to own. They would have meaningful concern for the futures of a family demonstrably poorer than themselves. But rentals are virtually never tied to cost - they charge as high a price as the market will possibly bear, in order to extract as much profit from the poorer person as they possibly can - and they almost never give the renter the chance to own. So they're getting their annual profits, their place paid off, AND the capital gains of increased property value.

If your goal is to take advantage of a poorer person by extracting as much of their paycheck from them as the market can bear, then it's not surprising that most of them start moving in other shady ways as well. :francis:
These dudes are just outraged because for the first time in forever they’ve been thwarted by the government from leeching off other people’s productivity. Must be :mjcry: thinking of all that loot they’ll never see