Why does Microsofts 1st party cross-gen games have performance modes?

Pull Up the Roots

I have a good time when I go out of my mind..
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Giving the option is always good. On PC i can Apex at 4k 144fps or 1440p 200fps or even 1080p 240 fps.. All games should let you pick how want to play.
Having the option is always good, but that's not really the point here I believe.

The option was spun as a sign of weakness by some but now it's seen as fine to those same people. What changed?

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
Having the option is always good, but that's not really the point here I believe.

The option was spun as a sign of weakness by some but now it's seen as fine to those same people. What changed?
Just like it was spun as a sign of weakness last gen, what changed?

• Dap
Reactions: B86

Bathing Ape

BAPE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
JPN
The xbox one x wasn’t touted as the most powerful console last gen also? :patrice:
Stop playing dumb, did the Xbox one x drop at launch? Remember when Sony fans used to brag about having the most powerful consoles? This gen it’s about games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Stop playing dumb, did the Xbox one x drop at launch? Remember when Sony fans used to brag about having the most powerful consoles? This gen it’s about games

I honestly dont remember that being a major marketing point from sony last gen

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
@Gizmo_Duck left with no more games to play for the rest of year so he's taken his shytposting into overdrive :picard:

You could always go back and beat returnal but we know you too soft for that :umad:

Dude gonna make 25+ Xbox threads between now and December :mjlol:

Weird to try and personally attack me over this