Why does Donald Glover sometimes get heat for being with a white woman, but Jordan Peele doesnt?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
Of the new generation of quote unquote “Woke” auteurs who have experienced major levels of success, the only one who really walked the walk when it comes to choosing a black partner to marry is Issa Rae. Even Jerrod Carmichael, who is gay, has publicly stated he prefers dating white men and gets angry when called out on it.

they are all hypocrites brother, you mean the same Issa Rae that was promoting swirling and telling black women to date asian brehs notably filipinos while in cali. That same Issa?

You better off saying killer mike at least he puts his money where his mouth is

Issa Rae married black. That’s the difference.

People underestimate how well people can compartmentalize their lives and present a total different front to the public. People forget acting and even screen writing is a JOB. People can front however they want to and have a totally different off-screen persona. That's why I don't believe any of them based on just their art.

Issa Rae has been dating her Black husband for years, even before she was as famous as now and doing the swirling promotion and co-sign as a business move to attract an audience. Kerry Washington pulled the swerve and married a Black dude out of the blue catching everyone off guard. What is interesting about both of them though is both Kerry's and Issa's current husbands had almost no public acknowledgment or even pictures until the wedding. Not hating, I would keep my boo out of the eye of the snooping paparazzi too, but I find it interesting how they both appeal to a certain similar audience yet want to keep their Black dating preference under wraps. But maybe I am looking into it too much.

Meanwhile as @Ziggiy states, some of the loudest "pro-Black" voices have distinctly non-Black dating preferences. It is their right and I won't demand someone date a type for public opinion (the worst reason to date/marry anyone) but people don't get you rarely know how the private person is. Some of the loudest voices are trying to paper up some insecurity or concern. That doesn't dilute their message, that's just how complex people are.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Gambino said black women didn't like him or something, so people assumed and did digging that his wife would be non-black. Jordan Peele has never put himself out there like that, not to mention he's most known for now for black movies so he either gets a pass or people would assume his wife is black.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
One of them has a white mother.

I'll let you process which one it is through your simple mind.
I had no idea, he was mixed honestly, but I don't keep tabs on him. Now Key I could see being mixed.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Jordan Peele is biracial. His mother is white and his black father unfortunately abandoned him when he was like 3. He didn’t even have any idea his father passed away until like 5 years after he died. He was raised in a majority white environment surrounded by majority white family and friends.

Donald Glover grew up in a two parent BLACK household in Stone Mountain, Ga. Donald has often spoken about the racism he received from whites both growing up and when he entered the entertainment industry. He literally is quoted as saying that half his career trajectory came from making white people comfortable with him.

That level of awareness of the savagery of white supremacy bleeds through in almost every episode of Atlanta, which he created, wrote, and directed. For someone as attuned to the culture of American blackness, its history, as well as white people’s position in denigrating, exploiting, and brutalizing it; it is nothing but understandable that some would look at Donald Glover funny or be outright disappointed that he would choose a white partner given how much he’s dedicated his career to exposing ignorance, hatred, and revulsion of blackness.

Of the new generation of quote unquote “Woke” auteurs who have experienced major levels of success, the only one who really walked the walk when it comes to choosing a black partner to marry is Issa Rae. Even Jerrod Carmichael, who is gay, has publicly stated he prefers dating white men and gets angry when called out on it.

I think both Peele and especially Donald are creative geniuses. Donald Glover is hands down the BEST writer, regardless of race, working today.

But a spade is a spade
great post, Issa caught flack for her "black women should date asian men" or something or was that taken out of context.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Barrack Obama grew up similarly and alluded to having a nikka wake up call. I wonder what was Jordan's? I mean Get Out could be autobiographical based on his background.

But they say that chidren are attracted to the parent of the opposite sex the most so if his momma was white then him having a hammering for flat hams is understandable.
what if the kid is homosexual?

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
*Donald has 2 Black parents. Jordan is biracial (with a White mom).

*Donald Glover has said some weird/c00n stuff.

Just to fact check - Donald Glover's partner is half Asian, so she's not a White woman.

So she's half cac. But fully white mentally because asians are mentally white. That's why cacs love them so much. They don't complain or push them they just work hard and serve cacs.

And Peele doesn't get flack because he just focuses on making his films and always promotes Black people in roles they'd never get with a cac director.

Also he's basically pushed Black led cinema in a way that's never been done before.

Glover by contrast just does self indulgent weirdo anti-Black stuff. Probably because he's at war with himself and his identify. Even though he said he's cool with cac racism.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
still confused why people still use year dates. you didnt know about this a decade ago in 2013? or even 2022? do we evolve on a yearly basis?

"this is 2023 and folks still..." im reading threads from 2019 seeing people write that "its 2019 and" tf.

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
That’s part of it. What black women don’t realize is that, the higher up the hierarchy of life/status you go, the whiter these rooms get. Black women aren’t in these spaces, or are in extreme minority. One thing white women don’t have, is ego , when going after the man they want. A white woman will throw themselves at the person of means that they want and they’ve been taught to do so. Black women still think they are the prize and need to be chased.

So the question becomes, as a successful, on my shyt, black man, should I chase black women or just choose from the white women that are throwing themselves at me.?
I dapped and I agree but I will say black women are not socialized to “go after” a guy. I don’t think all bw see themselves as the prize but we don’t really try
I agree ,but then why doesnt Chappelle get any hate:patrice:

Is it really as simple as he is so funny that he is forgiven for everything,and is essentially teflon:blessed:?
Chapelle is ugly and crackish looking that’s why no one cares about his nonblack spouse.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Its quite simple.

Glover moved funny style with the corny overexaggerated pro black bullshyt because of Atlanta, failing to see that this dude got his rap name from a "Wu Tang Name Generator" :why: . Plus, dude was always a goofy from Community to Camp.

Peele's pass is that he's a writer first, and an exceptional one. Dude knows he's a goofy and has a white woman, but still makes compelling work to have folks skip over such revelations.

Not playing a character>>>>>>>>>>>>Being a gimmick

Gambino said black women didn't like him or something, so people assumed and did digging that his wife would be non-black. Jordan Peele has never put himself out there like that, not to mention he's most known for now for black movies so he either gets a pass or people would assume his wife is black.

We still running these bullshyt narratives in 2023? :mjtf:

As if Lawrence from Insecure who has NEVER said a bad word about black women didn't catch major heat once he was seen with his PAWG? :mjtf:

Too black women Peele is an ugly nikka while Glover is not. That is the answer to the question.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Women are never wrong.

That's rule #1 :ufdup:

Rule #2 is to reference rule #1 :ufdup:

They know deep down inside they be ignoring nikkas when they're not popping but, when one of those types come up and talks about their experiences, those women try to gas light them and pretend that there were hundreds of cute, interesting women around that the men were ignoring. Nonsense. Same women that's arguing this about Donald Glover down will go on Twitter, IG and Tiktok and say their man has to be 6"2, earning 125K and have a big dikk with a straight face :heh: With that said....we gotta find new topics to discuss.

Last edited: