Why do you personally sympathize/empathize for/with the people who were

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
bombed in Boston?

I find it interesting to hear/see people (coloreds ones specifically) express sympathy, empathy, anger, etc.....on behalf of the victims of things like this (people they have never met) but never express those same feelings (or never express them as strongly) when similiar things happen to people (colored ones specifically) around the globe.

So why is this? Why do you feel such a connection with these particular people and not others?

Boy C

SPC
Daps
I'm a runner, lost my 50 lb. beer belly because of running (and dieting, etc.)

My mom runs marathons. It could have been my mom running and me watching at the Boston marathon.

GetSomeMoney

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Most people express sympathy publicly because its the politically correct thing to do. Most people behind closed doors honestly don't care unless its their family or friends.

Zapp Brannigan

Captain of the Nimbus
Daps
Reppin
DOOP
Empathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just because someone else might not feel it for you, that doesn't mean that it should preclude you for feeling it for someone else. Taking on that kind of mentality is pretty venomous. Besides, it's not as if you can fairly paint all white people like that or all minorities like that.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
bombed in Boston?

I find it interesting to hear/see people (coloreds ones specifically) express sympathy, empathy, anger, etc.....on behalf of the victims of things like this (people they have never met) but never express those same feelings (or never express them as strongly) when similiar things happen to people (colored ones specifically) around the globe.

So why is this? Why do you feel such a connection with these particular people and not others?

The hell does this have to do with anything? I am supposed to be void of emotions b/c I'm black? An innocent 8 year old kid was killed....who gives a damn what color I am or he is?

And nobody said ppl dont care about what happens elsewhere, but obviously when it happens in ur own house it's a bigger deal to you. Do you focus on people two streets down from you as much as you care about ur own house?

Randy Orton

#OuttaNowhere
Daps
Reppin
Viperville
bombed in Boston?

Get off your high horse. It's only natural that people are gonna care more about issues that happen in their own backyard. What are you doing for the victims of tragedies elsewhere other that acting holier than thou on a message board?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
bombed in Boston?

United States Of America. One Nation, blah blah blah.

That is what countries are all about. When you are 5 yards away from the mexican or canadian border, the dude 10 yards from you across the border isnt that far different from you. He's more of your neighbor than the mofos that are under the same flag that are 2000 miles from you on the other side of the country.

But People created countries to separate themselves from each other. And once withing a country there is this brainwashing that goes on to make you feel better than the people from the next country.

Same goes for religion

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Well me personally, it just hits home cause my wife does marathons and walks all year round, and whenever she does a walk she normally takes my 2 year daughter with her.

So when I hear about 3 y/o and 8 y/o kids getting killed the shyt makes me sad. It doesn't matter if they were black kids or white kids. Innocent people are innocent people.

I don't feel any type of connection with them, I just feel sorry for them and it just makes me sad knowing something like could happen to my kid or wife when they just out trying to do marathon and something positive...

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
The hell does this have to do with anything? I am supposed to be void of emotions b/c I'm black? An innocent 8 year old kid was killed....who gives a damn what color I am or he is?

And nobody said ppl dont care about what happens elsewhere, but obviously when it happens in ur own house it's a bigger deal to you. Do you focus on people two streets down from you as much as you care about ur own house?

calm down cowboy its simply a question youre answering.............no need to get your panties in a bunch..........

You brought up the "innocent 8 year old kid" that was killed to justify your feelings........thats understandable............. Are you aware there were quite a few children killed in Iraq bombings recently? Do you care?

And your "in your own house" analogy doesnt make sense to me in regards to this issue, which is why i asked the question. You see, when people live in your house you know them, right? So yea, if something happens to someone in my house im more concerned then when something happens to people outside of it...........

but i guess thats one of the points to my question, what exactly makes you feel as tho these people are "in your own house"? Do you know any of them? Explain that analogy to me............

im interested to know how u connect that

Chill

carti stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
San Junipero
Because at the end of the day, those were innocent people at a innocent gathering and it's fukked up to bomb that.

TheHonorableOmarSharif

HOLGang President U.N.I.T. Representative
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte by way of Chucktown What
I feel bad for the families, but I didn't lose any sleep, send any PC tweets, FB posts, etc. I can only feel strongly for those I know, everyone else gets a modicum of an emotional response because I can't fake the funk for strangers.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
calm down cowboy its simply a question youre answering.............no need to get your panties in a bunch..........

You brought up the "innocent 8 year old kid" that was killed to justify your feelings........thats understandable............. Are you aware there were quite a few children killed in Iraq bombings recently? Do you care?

And your "in your own house" analogy doesnt make sense to me in regards to this issue, which is why i asked the question. You see, when people live in your house you know them, right? So yea, if something happens to someone in my house im more concerned then when something happens to people outside of it...........

but i guess thats one of the points to my question, what exactly makes you feel as tho these people are "in your own house"? Do you know any of them? Explain that analogy to me............

im interested to know how u connect that

I'm sure there were quite a few children killed over there. Does that mean I don't or should not care?

I'm sure there's a kid that's gonna starve to death by the time I finish typing this post.

Doesnt mean I DON'T care or that I shouldn't care just because I don't know them personally.

In short, you should feel bad(as in disappointed that it happened) for innocent people dying as opposed to just saying "who cares...":manny: