Why do you guys stare but then don't say anything?

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
Good post, but let me play devils advocate here. Being fairly bold, and having confidence are important qualities to have in life...whether its in the dating world, or elsewhere. Shy, insecure, overly neurotic types that take the easy way out and hide in the corners, typically dont make it very far in life.

If dude sees a chick across the room, but hes petrified to talk to her, then what does that say about the man and his abilities? Females recognize that, and they have a point.

Just this past weekend, I saw a bad one across the lounge. I made my way over there, spit and made small talk. When I asked about her personal situation, she politely told me she was good and in a relationship. Stung a lil, but I felt good for making the effort, and at least I know I tried rather than living with the regret of not knowing, on some "IF I" sht.

Broads, job interviews, business meetings, school presentations....hey, you got balls. Use them.
Bammer, you know i worship you and KenyaDoll as posters but those bolded sentences made a cringe. What's there to be proud of for approaching females? And why you felt bad because she rejected your offer?? I understand the insecurity issues and all but they are just as human as i am. Whats there to be afraid of?? I have never had second thoughts on approaching females. Maybe because of my personality or the fact that i learned a lot about woman because i live with 5 of them. I don't put woman i don't know on no stage for me to be shy to approach them. I just see something i like and just start talking with no fukks given. Like i said, maybe it's my free-spirited personality :manny:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215
Exactly, Low self-confidence is probably the main thing that keeps me and alot of dudes from approaching women they find attractive. We feel that we don''t have much to offer to her besides sex. There's a reason why dudes with money and status get alot of women because they got that confidence.

And women need to stop hiding behind that gender role shyt because it's 2013 and 1950. Women love to say how they are advancing in fields of education, politics and how they're becoming breadwinners more often. But all of a sudden when it comes to approaching a man for a change they get get :merchant: "I'm just a woman"
And they will despise men that are shy to approach them even tho they have the same fear when it comes to approaching men, they just get to hide behind that gender role shyt. They say people are the most vicious towards others that share the same qualities they despise in themselves so it makes sense.

:beli: Women want the powers of men, the privileges of women, and the responsibilities of neither.
:lawd: To much truth in this post and I agree 1000%. I tell people this all the time but cause we want the sex from women we let a lot of shyt slide but don't cause this is the gateway to simping lol.

Good post, but let me play devils advocate here. Being fairly bold, and having confidence are important qualities to have in life...whether its in the dating world, or elsewhere. Shy, insecure, overly neurotic types that take the easy way out and hide in the corners, typically dont make it very far in life.

If dude sees a chick across the room, but hes petrified to talk to her, then what does that say about the man and his abilities? Females recognize that, and they have a point.

Just this past weekend, I saw a bad one across the lounge. I made my way over there, spit and made small talk. When I asked about her personal situation, she politely told me she was good and in a relationship. Stung a lil, but I felt good for making the effort, and at least I know I tried rather than living with the regret of not knowing, on some "IF I" sht.

Broads, job interviews, business meetings, school presentations....hey, you got balls. Use them.
Bold = He is shy, scared to talk to her but that shows nothing about your overall abilities. There are cats that make more money than everybody on this bytch but are still shy what does this say about their overall abilities. Nothing like I told the chick earlier just cause your scarred to approach someone you like doesn't mean after you meet them it will be that way or it translates in other areas of your life. I'm also a believer unlike you shocker there how can a chick or anybody say someone is something they themselves are?

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Bammer, you know i worship you and KenyaDoll as posters but those bolded sentences made a cringe. What's there to be proud of for approaching females? And why you felt bad because she rejected your offer?? I understand the insecurity issues and all but they are just as human as i am. Whats there to be afraid of?? I have never had second thoughts on approaching females. Maybe because of my personality or the fact that i learned a lot about woman because i live with 5 of them. I don't put woman i don't know on no stage for me to be shy to approach them. I just see something i like and just start talking with no fukks given. Like i said, maybe it's my free-spirited personality :manny:

I dont get your point. Im on your side and I agree with you. Im more of an introvert, so its perhaps its a lil more difficult for me to cold approach a broad than you, but thats what makes us all diverse as humans. We all think and feel differently. My point was that I didnt let nervousness get the best of me, and puss out. I approached old girl, and went for it. I was just challenging the main idea in this thread, that its unreasonable for men to approach women. Its something we should relish.

El Bombi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is this a troll thread?:yeshrug:

If you are good looking, nikkaz will holla at you. It's that simple.:manny:

Even ugly chicks get hit on. So this got to be a troll thread.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I dont get your point. Im on your side and I agree with you. Im more of an introvert, so its perhaps its a lil more difficult for me to cold approach a broad than you, but thats what makes us all diverse as humans. We all think and feel differently. My point was that I didnt let nervousness get the best of me, and puss out. I approached old girl, and went for it. I was just challenging the main idea in this thread, that its unreasonable for men to approach women. Its something we should relish.
Okay. To me, females are just females. Not gods, not Jesus Christ himself, not Lords, and certainly not super humans. But i do get your point.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

It's not unreasonable for men to approach woman, but it is unreasonable for woman to expect a man to approach them because they want him to. The idea in this threat is that it's 2013, woman are liberated now and free to approach the men of their choosing.

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
It's not unreasonable for men to approach woman, but it is unreasonable for woman to expect a man to approach them because they want him to. The idea in this threat is that it's 2013, woman are liberated now and free to approach the men of their choosing.

Women are certainly free to approach men, thats goes without saying, but lets not act like there isnt a fair amount of social control here at work. A woman approaching a man is generally going to be considered thirsty or desperate. Its not wrong or right, but its something thats been ingrained in most of us.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
lol, you're scaring me dude, i graduated in european affairs :merchant: out of all the students from my program who applied i was the only one not to get a commission internship, and a lot of them were belgian. assuming your black too, i suspect it's not so much an anti-belgian climate but just regular 'cism :mjpls: i'm not perfect at networking, but i made a couple of connections along the way, so let's see where it takes me.

i get the no roots thing, i've lived in different places too and generally feel that if you're black and not living in the us, africa or the caribbean, you will never belong. but i think it is wearing you down too much.

as far as the ladies go: you're writer too? :mindblown: you really should have no problems.

I know right...that's what frustrates me even more, knowing I got all this shyt going for me and STILL can't pull it off :snoop:

Anyway sorry my dude didn't want to scare you off about EU affairs just speaking about my own experience but I do know that a lot has to do with me and not "putting myself out there" enough. If you want some advice from a dude that didn't make it there, don't put all your eggs in the same basket and look up at all the ngos/lobbies gravitating around the Commission, and have a look at internships in other institutions (Parliament, the Regions things, the Council...) those are often overlooked. Don't know if you know this website: EuroBrussels.com - Jobs in Brussels, EU institutions and International Organisations

Yeah the no roots thing is really what bums me the most, it's not even the fact of having a big black community (have black/mixed friends in France, Belgium, Italy doing just fine) but more of having "grown up" somewhere and having some kind of history somewhere to "hold me down". I'd say that's def what fukked me up the most :wtb:

thoushallhustle

All Star
Daps
Maybe you dont look slutty enough so they look long enough to take a mental picture for them to jack off to later

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
Alot of the points that I wanted to make have been said already. But in my personal experience, when I wana holla at a fine azz chick, eye contact is important and neccessary for me to appraoch her. If the female is givin me no eye contact or absolutley no rythm or vibes that she's interested, then most likley I'm NOT hollerin at her.

But when I do spit at a chick, I never go in thinkin that I'm gonna get rejected. I'm. Extremely bold. Females like dudes with confidence and if she senses weakness or fear, then u are uppin your chances for rejection.

You have absolutley nothin to lose when hollerin at a chick. Most of the time I try to see if the angle I use on a female works (and every angle is different) :myman:

TallFrenchy

Paleo Girl
Daps
Reppin
North America
Women are certainly free to approach men, thats goes without saying, but lets not act like there isnt a fair amount of social control here at work. A woman approaching a man is generally going to be considered thirsty or desperate. Its not wrong or right, but its something thats been ingrained in most of us.
I wish I knew the proper smily to use for this but just so you know I'm narrowing my eyes at you right now

EDIT: couldn't find any other one... :rudy:

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Let's be honest, that's more of a ratchet woman thing than anything. You take the hit from trying, and that's how you learn who is approachable and who's not. Men have to be the ones who are adventurous when it comes to dating, or you'll never know what the right woman for you looks like.

But I've seen so called sophisticated woman get loud just cause a man try to talk to her. Now maybe he was a little too persistent but as long as he respectful a lady shouldn't get loud or try to clown. On the real the ratchet chicks be the easiest to get. And as far as being adventurous that works both ways. It's probably just as many women out here kicking themselves for not approaching a guy who could be the one as it is men. Nothing wrong with a women giving a simple wave or a "hey how are you" to let a man know what it is up.