Why do you guys stare but then don't say anything?

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I know right...that's what frustrates me even more, knowing I got all this shyt going for me and STILL can't pull it off :snoop:

Anyway sorry my dude didn't want to scare you off about EU affairs just speaking about my own experience but I do know that a lot has to do with me and not "putting myself out there" enough. If you want some advice from a dude that didn't make it there, don't put all your eggs in the same basket and look up at all the ngos/lobbies gravitating around the Commission, and have a look at internships in other institutions (Parliament, the Regions things, the Council...) those are often overlooked. Don't know if you know this website: EuroBrussels.com - Jobs in Brussels, EU institutions and International Organisations

Yeah the no roots thing is really what bums me the most, it's not even the fact of having a big black community (have black/mixed friends in France, Belgium, Italy doing just fine) but more of having "grown up" somewhere and having some kind of history somewhere to "hold me down". I'd say that's def what fukked me up the most :wtb:

i appreciate the tips. i applied for the council and the commission. didn't apply for the parliament because i was sick of filling out all these different online application forms (they should really streamline this shyt).

well i don't know your story. but i met a lot of mixed kids who grew up in an entirely white environment because their father left and they were raised by their mothers. so they have grown up somewhere, but are still messed up because they don't fit in and nobody around them understands what they are dealing with. then they either try to ignore their black heritage completely or try to fabricate this black identity, neither of which really works for them. i just decided to accept the negatives as something i can't change and focus on the advantages of being different :yeshrug:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
i appreciate the tips. i applied for the council and the commission. didn't apply for the parliament because i was sick of filling out all these different online application forms (they should really streamline this shyt).

well i don't know your story. but i met a lot of mixed kids who grew up in an entirely white environment because their father left and they were raised by their mothers. so they have grown up somewhere, but are still messed up because they don't fit in and nobody around them understands what they are dealing with. then they either try to ignore their black heritage completely or try to fabricate this black identity, neither of which really works for them. i just decided to accept the negatives as something i can't change and focus on the advantages of being different :yeshrug:

That's indeed the only sensible thing to do, trying to work on that...just need to find SOME source of self-confidence/trust/optimism

BTW thought of another EU-related job website: http://jobs.euractiv.com/

If I can help any other way with stuff pertaining to the EU/Brussels just let me know :cheers:

Seea

rill rill
Daps
Reppin
Nope.
It's frustrating because there are some guys who I want to say something. I know you all will say that I should say something first but I'm shy, and besides I like it when guys take the lead.

How do I encourage guys to speak?

By making eye contact and smiling (a hint of a smile, not a straight up grin; that's weird and probably scary). Or complimenting something they're wearing. Those are automatic openers. I haven't ever witnessed a dude turn down a woman who approached him.

These require you to step out of your box but if you're willing and not self-defeatist you'll be fine.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
I likes to stare at folks CAUSE I'M THA REALEST MUFFUCCA IN DIS BEEITCH and sometimes I can feel you starin' at me, so i'll stare back at you. I AIN'T A MIRRA.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBCO2u5nvg"]What you staring at - YouTube[/ame]

:hmm: