why do women punish the men they settle for?

Vodun

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Prime creator
Most people settle. How many people are really with the person they want? Lots of y’all on here settled. That’s okay you can’t always get what you want. It’s just that women are a lot more resentful than men when it comes to settling.
What's crazy she should be resentful and Disrespectful to the men who SHE is attracted to who don't find her attractive. Human nature is fukked up fr fr 🤣🤣

re'up

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
There's a concept that humans are very naturally pulled to, where your brain gets so used to something, it stops being grateful in a sense.

the concept is called hedonic adaptation. I think this much more applicable than who s"settled" and attraction and all that. Because probably all of us have experienced this, even if we aren't married.

Hedonic adaptation is an adaptation-level phenomenon, which is a term that describes how humans become insensitive to new stimuli, and quickly readjust to an emotional baseline. Therefore, the stimulus needed to create an emotion—like happiness or excitement—needs to be more intense than the last stimulus in order for someone to feel its effects

Last edited:

lib123

All Star
Daps
What's crazy she should be resentful and Disrespectful to the men who SHE is attracted to who don't find her attractive. Human nature is fukked up fr fr 🤣🤣

Lol the men find her attractive enough to smash. They’re just not willing and/or able to commit. She should really be resentful to her parents and older relatives who didn’t put her on game when she was young.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
How many of these dudes sold dreams, sent their representative, and pretended to be a diamond but was actually a cubic zirconia? When the woman realized what is actually what, could resentment set in then? I would imagine that it would.

Just wondering about other angles...

Hell, I want Denzel Washington but he's married. I have sense not resent a man [good man] that isn't him though. I chose.

lib123

All Star
Daps
How many of these dudes sold dreams, sent their representative, and pretended to be a diamond but was actually a cubic zirconia? When the woman realized what is actually what, could resentment set in then? I would imagine that it would.

Just wondering about other angles...

Hell, I want Denzel Washington but he's married. I have sense not resent a man [good man] that isn't him though. I chose.

I think this thread is referring to the men that a lot of women settle for when they get older and stop dealing with the dudes who sold them dreams. The trade off is usually the types of men they “settle” for are honest and decent men but they aren’t their type as far as physical attraction.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

That's ridiculous, unless they only dated for a few months I don't see how a women wouldn't know what type of dude she's with by the time they married.

I agree with whoever said that both men and women settle, women just tend to be more resentful about it if they feel they could've done better. Women tend to spend their whole lives dreaming about their wedding and future family, so when that doesn't work out the way they imagined it's easy to see where the resentment comes from. Men just aren't as invested in the concept to start with and usually just get pressured into it.

It's kind of why women initiate most divorces.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
I think this thread is referring to the men that a lot of women settle for when they get older and stop dealing with the dudes who sold them dreams. The trade off is usually the types of men they “settle” for are honest and decent men but they aren’t their type as far as physical attraction.

That could be the case for a few, indeed.

But for sweeping generalizations, that would mean the women had arrested development, never matured / grew mentally, or has no emotional intelligence...

UnQuantized

Superstar
Daps
It's 2024 if you are not aware of female nature, you can't be helped. It's either truly ignorant men or men who are aware but have a saviour complex. Many breh's have guil tripped and gaslighted into dveloping a saviour complex. Decades of criticism has pushed those not strong enough to not care into a corner to gain approval.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
That's ridiculous, unless they only dated for a few months I don't see how a women wouldn't know what type of dude she's with by the time they married.

I agree with whoever said that both men and women settle, women just tend to be more resentful about it if they feel they could've done better. Women tend to spend their whole lives dreaming about their wedding and future family, so when that doesn't work out the way they imagined it's easy to see where the resentment comes from. Men just aren't as invested in the concept to start with and usually just get pressured into it.

It's kind of why women initiate most divorces.
And you are ridiculous if you think that people don't front, lie, and pretend for...years.

Don't let it be lost on you that it is a fact that you never really know a person.

But keep your narrative if it works for you.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
There's a concept that humans are very naturally pulled to, where your brain gets so used to something, it stops being grateful in a sense.

the concept is called hedonic adaptation. I think this much more applicable than who s"settled" and attraction and all that. Because probably all of us have experienced this, even if we aren't married.

Hedonic adaptation is an adaptation-level phenomenon, which is a term that describes how humans become insensitive to new stimuli, and quickly readjust to an emotional baseline. Therefore, the stimulus needed to create an emotion—like happiness or excitement—needs to be more intense than the last stimulus in order for someone to feel its effects
This is true if they were happy I'm the first place and lost it. These women were never happy. It explains why some people are married happily for 20 years then cheat out of nowhere tho. We gotta practice gratitude everyday for real