why do women punish the men they settle for?

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
All of this! Misery loves company

Also, OP you’re asking why they mistreat their mate but you also need to ask why the mate stays with that toxic person.

Both are damaged/broken in some way to 1) treat people like shyt and 2) accept being treated like shyt. You can’t have one without the other

Yea when I was a kid one of the neighbors stayed whooping his wife. she never left. it was always something going on over there. :manny:

lib123

All Star
Daps
There is no such thing as settling. People are just upset because they came to the realization that this is what they qualify for.
But they FEEL different because they have delusions of grandeur.

If all you have is Toyota money, but you're in a Lamborghini dealership, you're not getting a Lambo because you can't afford it.
Would it make sense to say you settled for a Toyota?
No.

I think it’s different for women because using your analogy, they can afford a Toyota but can test drive the Lambo and the Lambo dealership has a raffle where there’s a slim chance she could get to keep the Lambo. On the flip side using your analogy men can’t test drive the Lambo or even enter the raffle without proof of funds.

HARLEM AL

Your broad loves me.....
Daps
Reppin
Harlem, NYC
Because she knows you a bytch. Anytime a man puts up with his woman’s bullshyt she resents him. In fact she will double down on it. She would much rather that he stand up for himself than take her bullshyt.

So all and all it’s his fault. It ain’t on her. This one ain’t on the women.

Mr. Jack Napier

#MambaForever
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
NEVER get with a woman who isn't angered by another woman outside of family, her close friend, your female friend that she knows, putting her hands on you.

NEVER get with a woman who says "looks don't matter".
Hmm, could you care to explain, I'm very interested to know why, especially the 1st point.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Of women was honest with themselves and others none of this would be happening. If they can admit they are attracted to a$$holes and not nice guys then they can go be with the a$$holes and let the other dudes go but as usual. No accountability :francis:

Rasille

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey
Most people settle. How many people are really with the person they want? Lots of y’all on here settled. That’s okay you can’t always get what you want. It’s just that women are a lot more resentful than men when it comes to settling.

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Been watching a lot of videos about women settling for men they don't really like because they couldn't get the man they really wanted. So they end up treating the man who has genuine desire and love like shyt.

As a man, my question to women why even get in a relationship anyways if you are going to mistreat your boyfriend or husband like shyt it doesn't make sense:francis:

its waste of time and effort with little returns and just plane evil
There's your answer. I'll offer you a task. Watch how men and women treat people they find ugly and unattractive. See if they still treat them with courtesy dignity and respect or if they treat them like shyt.
That's their baseline for how they actually treat people. These women are just fukked up people who are superficial and have a high degree of self interest. As a man it is better to be alone than to be with a selfish woman.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When i complain about being single and realize that i could be in this very situation, im like :blessed:glad Im single. Many people are desperate where theyll settle for less and be unhappy than just to not be alone and waiting for the right person to come along. Being alone and waiting for people who want to be around you that you want around you is HARDER than most people think. But when i see other people in miserable marriages and relationships, i know theres a "i cant do better".

cyndaquil

Lv 100 Bold natured
Daps
Reppin
JOHTO REGION
Men do the exact same thing
This is not a gender issue

You should just stay single if you think you're just "settling "
And there's a big difference between settling and wanting more than you have.
I'm sure most of us want some sort of model/actress looking chick like but it just ain't in the cards for everybody and that's OK.
Too many people fool themselves into thinking the outliers they see on screens are widely available

lib123

All Star
Daps
There's your answer. I'll offer you a task. Watch how men and women treat people they find ugly and unattractive. See if they still treat them with courtesy dignity and respect or if they treat them like shyt.
That's their baseline for how they actually treat people. These women are just fukked up people who are superficial and have a high degree of self interest. As a man it is better to be alone than to be with a selfish woman.

That’s so true and even deeper than that some people just have a mean-spirited aura and energy. Just being around them is draining.

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And there's a big difference between settling and wanting more than you have.
I'm sure most of us want some sort of model/actress looking chick like but it just ain't in the cards for everybody and that's OK.
Too many people fool themselves into thinking the outliers they see on screens are widely available

I find a lot of people who make demands about what they want in somebody usually want people to tolerate their inexcusable bullshyt.

And real talk, if youre dating someone for superficial reasons such as looks and status, thats just as bad as settling if we being honest because looks fade. Eventually you gotta deal with the person

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
You already mentioned why. She never wanted him, and for some people. a person they do not want is a person they have no qualms about hurting.

You should direct your question towards the person being mistreated, not the person doing the mistreating. The question you should ask said person is pretty simple. Why stick around for a person whom has demonstrated to you that they do not love you and are quite willing to mistreat you?

I want to say because dudes have no self respect, but the empathy in me says they don't want to lose half their wealth or pay $1800/month in child support.

I think if Divorce wasn't so expensive a lot if dudes would leave that woman.