Why do white people deny that Ancient Egypt was black?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So if I convinced most people in this country and around the world that Ancient Rome was ruled by black people for most of its history, you wouldn't feel the need to correct that?

I know Ancient Egypt was black. It doesn't change my life any. I just also believe in ACCURATE information being available to the public. The fact that white folks have tried to whitewash the true history of Egypt is a problem that must be corrected.
Rome did have a couple Black Emperors if memory serves me correct :manny:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It wasn't black or white it was middle eastern.

You do know that word means nothing. The middle east is made up on countries located in southwest Asia and North Africa. And depending on the country you go to and the region within said country you find different races of people.

For example of you go to Iraq or Iran you find mostly whites. If you go to northern Egypt or northern Algeria you also find whites. But in southern Egypt or southern Algeria you find blacks.

The word middle eastern is a misnomer. It literally means NOTHING.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
You do know that word means nothing. The middle east is made up on countries located in southwest Asia and North Africa. And depending on the country you go to and the region within said country you find different races of people.

For example of you go to Iraq or Iran you find mostly whites. If you go to northern Egypt or northern Algeria you also find whites. But in southern Egypt or southern Algeria you find blacks.

Over here Middle-East ("Moyen-Orient") is accepted by all as more less the Arab Peninsula (some include Egypt/Turkey/Iran, others don't).

However Northern Africa (except sometime Egypt) is not included in that : Algeria, Morocco, Tunisia, Lybia are called "Maghreb" (arab for "sunset"). I noticed that this term ssems to be less used in anglo-saxon media (and on this forum) as if there was a cultural unity from Casablanca to Baghdad, which obviously is not the case.

Anyway when discussing how Egypt is viewed, do y'all ever take into account what Egyptians themselves think, or is what white people say that matter the most to you brehs?

Thabo

Pro
Daps

Wrong again, Middle East is a geographical area used to denote places that have adopted arabic culture. Fact is Egypt was more connected and integrated with Middle East and they have similar values and cultures.