why do so many people on this forum think PC GAMING = PLAYING AT A DESK WITH A MONITOR?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
and?
It's still capable of running games on par/better than a PS4 or XB1.
:dahell:

You don't NEED to upgrade your GPU. What games doesn't run on a GTX 670 today?
$400 for just the GPU is not an affordable setup compared to consoles. It's lasted longer because it was very high end when it came out.

Had this hypothetical person purchased a ~$200 GPU(like the person you quoted suggested) he would definitely need to be upgrading by now to play AAA games.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I skimmed the PC thread and I'm seeing questions for help on over clocking, how to prevent a cpu bottlenecking a particular GPU, how to properly keep temperatures down on their build, issues with high GPU power consumption...

shyt...one Breh asking about whether a 144hz G-sync monitor if he has a 1060... And the response was it would be hard to get 144hz maxed out on recent games.

I mean, it seems if you're the type to want the best performance available in a particular sub category of gaming - PC, Consoles, VR, handhelds, etc - you're going to be looking to spend on the high end of that particular category - High end graphics cards, Xbox One X, Psvr or Rift, switch.

So, if a console gamer is absolutely okay with using his budget to upgrade consoles... Would it be safe to say, he may not be advised to go into PC gaming because of the upgrade addiction?

And alot of those above questions are things I've never had to worry about on a console...do I want to have to start worrying about that?

Simply, no.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
In this thread...
this thread was supposed to be about playing on a TV with a controller. the first few posts were about that, but then @DPresidential came in here talking about a screwdriver and all that. pretty off topic considering the OP has a prebuilt

this talk about price is a strawman, ironically brought up by someone named GMoney

people come in here talking all this other shyt, then it's "PC gamers are so defensive". stay out the thread if you ain't interested :ufdup:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
$400 for just the GPU is not an affordable setup compared to consoles. It's lasted longer because it was very high end when it came out.

Had this hypothetical person purchased a ~$200 GPU(like the person you quoted suggested) he would definitely need to be upgrading by now to play AAA games.
This is a lie again.

A GTX 560TI is still able to play AAA games in 2017. Come on

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
this thread was supposed to be about playing on a TV with a controller. the first few posts were about that, but then @DPresidential came in here talking about a screwdriver and all that. pretty off topic considering the OP has a prebuilt

this talk about price is a strawman, ironically brought up by someone named GMoney

people come in here talking all this other shyt, then it's "PC gamers are so defensive". stay out the thread if you ain't interested :ufdup:
This thread was interpreted by me to be an inquiry into the ignorance of non-pc gamers and the stereotypes they have about pc gaming.

I definitely took the contribute to the thread when I first saw brehs claiming the reason for the ignorance is because non-pc gamers are retarded.

This the Coli, expect other opinionated people to enter the convo after shyt like that is said. That's why we Coli:blessed:

This is a lie again.

Apologies, I can't watch the video at the time but concerning this item... would you say this thread has veracity? Crysis 3 with 1GB 560/Ti performance @1080p/1920x1200? - EVGA Forums

For Honor: GeForce GTX 1060 Recommended For 1080p 60 FPS PC Gaming - This one seems to be knowledgeable PC brehs debating whether you need a 1060 to do 1080P/60FPS for For Honor. Is this credible?

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
I skimmed the PC thread and I'm seeing questions for help on over clocking, how to prevent a country bottlenecking a particular GPU, how to properly keep temperatures down on their build, issues with high GPU power consumption...

shyt...one Breh asking about whether a 144hz G-sync monitor if he has a 1060... And the response was it would be hard to get 144hz maxed out on recent games.

I mean, it seems if you're the type to want the best performance available in a particular sub category of gaming - PC, Consoles, VR, handhelds, etc - you're going to be looking to spend on the high end of that particular category - High end graphics cards, Xbox One X, Psvr or Rift, switch.

So, if a console gamer is absolutely okay with using his budget to upgrade consoles... Would it be safe to say, he may not be advised to go into PC gaming because of the upgrade addiction?

And alot of those above questions are things I've never had to worry about on a console...do I want to have to start worrying about that?

Simply, no.

It’s a hobby. That’s what pc players act like they don’t understand, if that is fun to you then you will be rewarded with better graphics and have access to mods that are basically dlc. If you aren’t interested in maintaining a pc the by all means stick to consoles. fukk these high siditty master race dudes. And I’m saying this while playing on my high end pc

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
This is a lie again.

I don't give a fukk about your video. I have a 660 and yes it "plays" most games but not at a "reasonable" level and definitely not without a bunch of tweaking and optimizing. Or playing at lower resolutions/settings.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I don't give a fukk about your video. I have a 660 and yes it "plays" most games but not at a "reasonable" level and definitely not without a bunch of tweaking and optimizing. Or playing at lower resolutions/settings.
what is this "tweaking and optimizing" besides "playing at lower resolutions/settings"?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
what is this "tweaking and optimizing" besides "playing at lower resolutions/settings"?
Searching for "optimization guides" that show the best things to turn down/off.

Sometimes needing to go into the process manager to end programs/processss to free up resources or set affinities.

Sometimes needing to go into system files to lock/force a framerate/resolution. In the case of Nier I had to download a user made mod in order to get it to run ~30 FPS.

Tomb raider even with everything on low, I still had to play at 720p and even then the framerate was not stable. Can't get a stable 30fps in any of the Windows 10/Xbox games other than Recore.

Pretty much every AAA game I get on PC nowadays needs some or all of what I described above to get reasonable performance.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Only commenting on what I see the discussion about:manny:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Searching for "optimization guides" that show the best things to turn down/off.

Sometimes needing to go into the process manager to end programs/processss to free up resources or set affinities.

Sometimes needing to go into system files to lock/force a framerate/resolution. In the case of Nier I had to download a user made mod in order to get it to run ~30 FPS.

Tomb raider even with everything on low, I still had to play at 720p and even then the framerate was not stable. Can't get a stable 30fps in any of the Windows 10/Xbox games other than Recore.

Pretty much every AAA game I get on PC nowadays needs some or all of what I described above to get reasonable performance.

My cousin's rig has a GTX 660 and it still works fine. He played Witcher 3 on it no problem.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I played witches on it, and it definitely took a bunch of fidgeting with. Framerate was all over the place. Had to play on really low settings and at 720p
Nonsense.
1080_Medium.png

I've tested it myself.

His system has a GTX 660, I believe 8GB RAM and an AMD FX 6300.

All those games worked fine on his.

I remember Watch Dogs ran fine over 30fps at 1080P on his system.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Nonsense.

1080_Medium.png

I've tested it myself.

His system has a GTX 660, I believe 8GB RAM and a AMD FX 6300.

All those games worked fine on his.

I remember Watch Dogs ran fine over 30fps at 1080P on his system.

High_02.png
Those benchmarks are best case scenario and even then, an "average" of 32 means it spends a lot of time under 30. It was not stable at all, hence my need to drop settings/resolution lower in order to try to lock it at 30.

And no way in damn hell did watch dogs work "fine" that shyt was non stop fukking stuttering and hitching.

Stop fukking playing breh :comeon: