Why do so many people emulate black culture...

Starski

Superstar
Daps
I skateboard...sure white people came up with it but it was all about individual style and not race really.

Skaters exist from all walks of life. White, black, asian, hispanic, indian, male, female, gay, straight, etc.

It's probably the most non racist sport there is.

Go to and skate park in America and you'll just see kids chilling...enjoying themselves.

I consider skaters to be more progressive thinkers than most as well.

Yeah no crap in 2015...But who was really skating like that in the 80's? :usure:

...I get how on the forum we trying to keep this thing of we discover and create everything and white ppl have no culture....

shyt was started by whites in cali w/ long boards bruh....Wayne, for the most part, popularized it for blacks....Lowkey white skating CULTURE created the current HI HOP fashion trend w/ the tight pants...they been doing in the late 90's early 2000s.

Give credit bruh, your doing the whole "what about rick ruban!!"

Truth200

Banned
Daps
I skateboard...sure white people came up with it but it was all about individual style and not race really.

Skaters exist from all walks of life. White, black, asian, hispanic, indian, male, female, gay, straight, etc.

It's probably the most non racist sport there is.

Go to and skate park in America and you'll just see kids chilling...enjoying themselves.

I consider skaters to be more progressive thinkers than most as well.

I agree, the white boys you see at skate parks are not usually materialistic capitalist consumers.

Racism is a learned behavior.

White people invented the game of basketball and Football also which black people thrive in.

toomanydoses

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Back in Florida
Why don't white ppl have culture? I think that's your perspective...... I don't walk around imitating black ppl. A lot of kids do because hip hop culture is mainstream now but really whites don't have culture, sounds kinda jaded to me.

GetInTheTruck

Daps
Reppin
Queens
Maybe in the 90's, but since the 2000's I'd say what's considered "cool" has trended away from black culture. That's why hip-hop took a turn for the worse.

What's in now is some type of neo urban punk type of swag. Either that or modern preppy shyt.

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
Real talk. Don't understand why most black people don't embrace being the Yang to white people's Ying.

Probably because for over 400 years now we've been conditioned to believe that anything "black" related is inferior. "Blackness" also intimidates the "others". Hence, the creation of The Roots:sas2:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But show a disdain for black people?

Now I got love for my Spanish people's out here in NYC....but I see the same type of behaviors with them yo..

Some of them don't like us and some of them deny their African heritage..
But...they be dressing like us...walking like us...talking like us...even listening to the same music as us.
I've notice some Arabs in this city are on that steez as well.
And asians...
And whites...

Yo...I remember this one dude that would post in this forum I used to post on. This was some racist white Italian dude...but this dude idolizes rappers like biggie and pac...produced rap albums...tried to be a rapper and got black balled by the industry...it was interesting to say the least.

So what gives? It's like what my dude Paul Mooney said...

"Everybody want to be a n!gga...but nobody want to be a n!gga"

Black culture as a whole is not emulated at all. You may think that certain aspects or portions of it are emulated but that's not the case either.

Emulating would be them taking something from Black Culture and calling it there own.

You don't have to be Black to embrace black culture, just like you don't have to be asian to embrace asian culture. Same thing for hispanic culture.

Now for the bolded..I understand the point you are trying to make but lets be clear so people don't run rampant in this thread not knowing what their talking about.

Dressing like us... I'm pretty sure there is no Dress Code for Black Culture but i'm assuming you mean bagging paints and some Jordans?

Walking like us...I'm pretty sure Black Culture doesn't have a "walk".

Talking like us.....

You know what forget it... Your interpretation of "Black Culture" is flawed and it seems you've been brainwashed like all the white kids by all the clothing brands, music labels, and marketers who tell you what "Black Culture" is so they can commercialize it for pure monetary gain.

You don't know shyt about Black Culture or what it actually is. I bet you think bugatti's, smoking weed, and busting at cops is black culture.

Black culture's influence on music, on fashion, on pop culture has long since passed. All this shyt you see now is manufactured to make you "think" this is what it means to be black. Its a fine tuned and oiled machine and they've just about worked out all the kinks.

Where's the WuTang of this generation? Young Money lol?
Where's the Nas of this generation? Kendrick lol?
The R&B scene has been replaced by Ed Sheeran's and Sam Smith's.

Hot N*gga by Bobby Shmurda. A song that had no business being on anything other than that GS whatever mixtape found its way to #1 on the Rap BB and #6 in the reg BB.

No doubt it had a catchy beat that you could bump in the car or at the club but lyrically it was a song that rap had moved on from or at least mainstream rap.

But white kids still loved it. And just like they are known to do with anything associated with us, they take the good (ie. catchy beat and funny dance) and charge any negative (ie. lyrics and message or flat out blackness) to Black culture/ Black people.

You have to realize, white people don't see or a least most don't see a difference in the "Black Culture" that is portrayed in music, fashion, and entertainment and the Black Culture WE actually EXPERIENCE in real life.

So that's how they're able to show love to our culture and not us.

Because they AREN'T showing love to OUR culture at all.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
Dawg...as much as I agree with you (about race being a human concept), anybody else can't just "own" black culture like black people. For us...that comes natural.

Like, it don't matter what I do...or how I carry myself...I'll always exude that natural swag that comes with being black. Like I'm wearing my glasses, with a siouxsie and the banshees t-shirt on and camo joggers....and a pair of jordan 3s...and it don't matter cause I'm black son.

Like shyt, I'll see these other dudes with new era caps on, champion sweats, airforce 1s, and it looks like a chinese bootleg knock off...cause they ain't black son.

Black people can flip anything and everything and still not lose their blackness...others will try...they aren't.

I disagree with that notion that black culture can belong to anyone that's endured the same social and economic experiences we have...100%. A white dude wearing all that hip-hop gear is still gonna be seen as white no matter what happens to him due to living in a white society...I can be wearing a nice tailored suit with nice dress shoes and a tie and still get profiled by police...there's no comparison.
We are just fly like that. That's one of the reasons I love being black.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Black culture as a whole is not emulated at all. You may think that certain aspects or portions of it are emulated but that's not the case either.

Emulating would be them taking something from Black Culture and calling it there own.

You don't have to be Black to embrace black culture, just like you don't have to be asian to embrace asian culture. Same thing for hispanic culture.

Now for the bolded..I understand the point you are trying to make but lets be clear so people don't run rampant in this thread not knowing what their talking about.

Dressing like us... I'm pretty sure there is no Dress Code for Black Culture but i'm assuming you mean bagging paints and some Jordans?

Walking like us...I'm pretty sure Black Culture doesn't have a "walk".

Talking like us.....

You know what forget it... Your interpretation of "Black Culture" is flawed and it seems you've been brainwashed like all the white kids by all the clothing brands, music labels, and marketers who tell you what "Black Culture" is so they can commercialize it for pure monetary gain.

You don't know shyt about Black Culture or what it actually is. I bet you think bugatti's, smoking weed, and busting at cops is black culture.

Black culture's influence on music, on fashion, on pop culture has long since passed. All this shyt you see now is manufactured to make you "think" this is what it means to be black. Its a fine tuned and oiled machine and they've just about worked out all the kinks.

Where's the WuTang of this generation? Young Money lol?
Where's the Nas of this generation? Kendrick lol?
The R&B scene has been replaced by Ed Sheeran's and Sam Smith's.

Hot N*gga by Bobby Shmurda. A song that had no business being on anything other than that GS whatever mixtape found its way to #1 on the Rap BB and #6 in the reg BB.

No doubt it had a catchy beat that you could bump in the car or at the club but lyrically it was a song that rap had moved on from or at least mainstream rap.

But white kids still loved it. And just like they are known to do with anything associated with us, they take the good (ie. catchy beat and funny dance) and charge any negative (ie. lyrics and message or flat out blackness) to Black culture/ Black people.

You have to realize, white people don't see or a least most don't see a difference in the "Black Culture" that is portrayed in music, fashion, and entertainment and the Black Culture WE actually EXPERIENCE in real life.

So that's how they're able to show love to our culture and not us.

Because they AREN'T showing love to OUR culture at all.
I didn't read all of that and you missed the point. And I guess you just did that to talk smack.

I don't care to pontificate or even elaborate amongst what I was trying to say cause obviously it got you bent out of shape to type this flim flam....smh. I'm 30 breh...ofcourse everyone on the internet thinks they know more than the next man.The coli yall....you don't get it breh. But jump to conclusions anyway.

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't read all of that and you missed the point. And I guess you just did that to talk smack.

I don't care to pontificate or even elaborate amongst what I was trying to say cause obviously it got you bent out of shape to type this flim flam....smh. I'm 30 breh...ofcourse everyone on the internet thinks they know more than the next man.The coli yall....you don't get it breh. But jump to conclusions anyway.

This thread has been made a dozen times on the coli and it always turns into a "They hate us cause they ain't us" dapathon without addressing the real issue.

Yes this is the internet and yes this is a forum where people can voice there opinions on different subjects, but god forbid someone disagree with you, nah you don't wanna hear that noise huh, just feed me them daps, right?

I believe you made an ignorant statement and I'm calling you out on it. I would only hope that the coli would do the same for me.

But yeah man your right, it ain't that serious... it never is...