Why do so many people emulate black culture...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
But show a disdain for black people?

Now I got love for my Spanish people's out here in NYC....but I see the same type of behaviors with them yo..

Some of them don't like us and some of them deny their African heritage..
But...they be dressing like us...walking like us...talking like us...even listening to the same music as us.
I've notice some Arabs in this city are on that steez as well.
And asians...
And whites...

Yo...I remember this one dude that would post in this forum I used to post on. This was some racist white Italian dude...but this dude idolizes rappers like biggie and pac...produced rap albums...tried to be a rapper and got black balled by the industry...it was interesting to say the least.

So what gives? It's like what my dude Paul Mooney said...

"Everybody want to be a n!gga...but nobody want to be a n!gga"

Daps
Reppin
VOID
We have no choice though.

They do...that's the difference.
Let me elaborate on this...of course living in a society where there is this idea of a dominant culture...that makes the rules...your going to emulate what's standard in that culture in order to assimilate.

That's the difference.

I've just come to realize black people are the most copied on the planet...but why?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
We have no choice though.

They do...that's the difference.
There's always a choice and as I said. There's a thin line.

A man tells a woman he hates her and hangs up on her then calls her back

A man says he hates a woman, kills her then tells her he loves her. Hate is weird like that especially when the people you hate have no real reason to hate you

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Because race is a human concept...therefore "black culture" can belong to anyone who've endured the same social and economic experiences we have. Try this, when you're in any situation where you feel race is the cause, imagine putting your hand over your eyes and only hearing and feeling.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Because race is a human concept...therefore "black culture" can belong to anyone who've endured the same social and economic experiences we have. Try this, when you're in any situation where you feel race is the cause, imagine putting your hand over your eyes and only hearing and feeling.
Dawg...as much as I agree with you (about race being a human concept), anybody else can't just "own" black culture like black people. For us...that comes natural.

Like, it don't matter what I do...or how I carry myself...I'll always exude that natural swag that comes with being black. Like I'm wearing my glasses, with a siouxsie and the banshees t-shirt on and camo joggers....and a pair of jordan 3s...and it don't matter cause I'm black son.

Like shyt, I'll see these other dudes with new era caps on, champion sweats, airforce 1s, and it looks like a chinese bootleg knock off...cause they ain't black son.

Black people can flip anything and everything and still not lose their blackness...others will try...they aren't.

I disagree with that notion that black culture can belong to anyone that's endured the same social and economic experiences we have...100%. A white dude wearing all that hip-hop gear is still gonna be seen as white no matter what happens to him due to living in a white society...I can be wearing a nice tailored suit with nice dress shoes and a tie and still get profiled by police...there's no comparison.

Stay Seeking

Banned
Daps
Dawg...as much as I agree with you (about race being a human concept), anybody else can't just "own" black culture like black people. For us...that comes natural.

Like, it don't matter what I do...or how I carry myself...I'll always exude that natural swag that comes with being black. Like I'm wearing my glasses, with a siouxsie and the banshees t-shirt on and camo joggers....and a pair of jordan 3s...and it don't matter cause I'm black son.

6IMZiRm.jpg

0YJNYH9.jpg