Why do people compare Prince to Michael Jackson so much

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Michael and Prince owned the 80's
Mike was the wholesome black man
that white parents loved from the jackson 5
so his appeal was bigger....Mike was the shyt.

Prince scared the fukk out of white
parents because he had them bytches
lusting.

Prince may be the most complete
artist in the history of music.

wat6rr.jpg

K.O.N.Y

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NEW YORK CITY
On ONE album, though. People talking about "well, just because you sell a bunch of albums doesn't mean anything."

Naw nikka. 60-110 million copies of ONE album sold is some otherworldly type shyt. No pop artist has even come close to that. You take the biggest selling albums from The Beatles, Madonna and Elvis, add them up and it still wouldn't match Thriller's sales.

Michael Jackson was fukkin God in the flesh. Yeah I said it.
Completely agree with you

Im just saying... If one was to say thriller was just a moment in time. That mj had other sales feats comparable to thriller as well. Post thriller era

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
:ehh: Well maybe you should approach than.

full

have you ever seen a black elevated honda civic with them chromes on it and two purple flames on both sides and the rider has a s-curl and is swole as fukk? that's me breh, i be blarin soft rock from my speakers though. :littlesister:

YakSpiller

Superstar
Daps
Prince isn't just a "rock guy," he's a multi-instrumentalist capable of making music in almost any genre out there. It's Michael Jackson who doesn't deserve to be compared to Prince. He was an entertainer--Prince was a true musical auteur.

Mike did write some good songs, but let's be real, he didn't even write his biggest song.

Prince wrote his biggest song and others...like who the fukk is Sinead O'Connor w/o the Purple One.

and he could play multiple instruments. Mike is what op and others said, a entertainer(maybe goat after James Brown). Prince is a musician.

CarbonBraddock

You will be trolled
Daps
@CarbonBraddock
Bruva, was this thread made so you can rally up the folks to shyt on Prince??? Lol
:littlesister:i make threads like this only to go platinum. i got more platinum than prince AND michael if we are honest. and all my shyt don't even be goin bc of political reasons, so i got unreleashed shyt that should be platinum but never will be. I went the independent route with @Diasporan Royalty last time cause these mods on here don't wanna see me shine.

Booker T Garvey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TN
By using your criteria kids should be only listening to Disney channel. When I say ma

Kill-Yourself-Guy.jpg

now i know you're trolling.

we're in here having a serious music discussion and you're arguing that MJ's music was cookie cutter and for kids

nevermind that this is a criticism that no serious music critic or casual fan has ever leveled toward MJ

and also let's pretend that MJ's fans haven't always ranged from 8-80 even now....

yeah..countdown before you're bushed there little fella. :coffee:

• Dap
Reactions: GSR

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
:littlesister:i make threads like this only to go platinum. i got more platinum than prince AND michael if we are honest. and all my shyt don't even be goin bc of political reasons, so i got unreleashed shyt that should be platinum but never will be. I went the independent route with @Diasporan Royalty last time cause these mods on here don't wanna see me shine.

Need a feature?

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
People really forgetting that Prince was literally making so much music at one point that he had 3-4 groups under him that were basically just fronts for his talent ie Shiela E, The Time, Vanity 6, etc. He put out 3 albums under three different groups with all different sounds in the same year. His sheer output and quality is still mindblowing to me.

For example, this track...

Dude wrote the lyrics, programmed the drums, bass line, guitar solo, everything, then let Morris Day make stacks off of it. Prince is literally playing OUT OF HIS fukkING MIND on that guitar solo and took no credit for it.

In terms of singing, dancing, and entertainment MJ was #1. No doubt. As an artist and muscian though, I gotta give it to Prince especially as I get older.

Last edited:

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Obviously, his Purple Rain album did very well and I guess he has sold an incredible amount of albums. But they were two completely different types of artists really. Prince was more like the guy you see in pretty much every rock band, the frontman who sings and will play guitar, though I know he could play many instruments. Michael was the real entertainer, who could sing and dance very well. He was so good at what he did, that he's almost universally renowned as the best. How many people call Prince the best rockguy of all time, or whatever he would be called? They're not really similar and really, Prince doesn't even deserve to be mentioned next to Michael, no one does. So why the comparisons? Because their two big albums came out close to one another? Discuss.
Prince was a FUNK and SOUL guy.
In that realm he's one of the best!!!
Calling him "just a rock guy" really shows you dont know enough about either artist or the time period in which they existed/dominated in.

KodeBlue

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Mike did write some good songs, but let's be real, he didn't even write his biggest song.

Prince wrote his biggest song and others...like who the fukk is Sinead O'Connor w/o the Purple One.

and he could play multiple instruments. Mike is what op and others said, a entertainer(maybe goat after James Brown). Prince is a musician.
What's complex about that ? Michael Jackson music is based on simplicity. Nobody is really looking for Michael Jackson lyrics, its his voice and can dance along to. Why you think he is called the "king of pop" ? Where is Michael Jackson "little red corvette", "when you were mine" etc.

Prince made songs about woman being sexually deviant wonderful. Michael Jackson music is pg compared to prince.

A track like "wanna be startin something"

Is more complex than any prince song musically

Written and composed by mj

edit-honorable mention heartbreak hotel also written and composed by michael jackson

I'd add Jam and They don't really care about us. Those aren't bubble gum songs.