Why do people buy the same damn games every year?

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
U nikkas really complaining about 60 bucks for a year of a game?
Its not just the 60 bucks man. Its the principle. Ain't no way in hell a game like Read Dead 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 etc. that they spend more than half a decade making with thousands of voice actors and is worth 100 + hours of gameplay should cost the same as a fukking roster update.

Mantis Toboggan M.D.

Drink wolf cola
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Its not just the 60 bucks man. Its the principle. Ain't no way in hell a game like Read Dead 2 or Cyberpunk 2077 etc. that they spend more than half a decade making with thousands of voice actors and is worth 100 + hours of gameplay should cost the same as a fukking roster update.
One that frequently hasn’t even been polished to the extent that the bugs in the game have been removed before it releases. With 2K and I assume frequently with madden, the games release frequently with all sorts of glitches. Call of duty: WW2 released last year with a bunch of matchmaking issues. Games frequently would start with teams not being filled or balanced. I was finding matches starting with 7 against 4 and 8 against 5 type mismatches. Even when the master chief collection released with all its problems in 2014, I at least never encountered matches starting without full teams on each side. 2K and EA treat the customers almost as beta testers who pay to test out the bugs in the early months.

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
To me 2k doesn’t even play the same year to year.
:yeshrug:
Thats because its faux change. Theyre not actual improvements to the game they are just just random sliders that they are adjusting. They do this shame shyt with FIFA and madden. Let me make defenses impossible this year. Next year I'll make defenses a joke. The year after will make the game animation dependent. The year after that we'll remove them. Change the shotmeter etc...Its just arbitrary changes to get you to feel like they actually did something and try to hide the fact that you're paying 60 bucks for a roster update.

Last edited:

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
So ur willing to pay 100 for RDR2 since it took years to make? Just curious.

If u don’t want to spend 60 on a game just wait 3 months and the price ALWAYS drops. You nikkas are mad you have to wait to play a game at a discounted price. U can’t have it both ways.

Cry about madden and nba 2k being 60 at release but u can buy both right now for 40 a piece. That to expensive too?

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
So ur willing to pay 100 for RDR2 since it took years to make? Just curious.
I'm saying since a game like Red Dead 2 costs more money to make and offers more value and still priced at 60 bucks then games that offer considerably less value and require considerably less effort to make should also cost less.

The only reason they cost that much is because people let them get away with it buy eating that shyt up. If everyone did what you suggested and waited until the price dropped or avoided it all together then their early sales would plummet and they would readjust accordingly.

Consumers actually have a lot of power by choosing when/how to spend their money so it sends a message beyond "just 60 bucks." But alas we live in a society of 0 self control so this will likely continue for the forseeable future. If you keep giving me 60 bucks for shyt why would I ever change anything?

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Simple.

New gameplay. New mechanics.. New features. New modes. New experience.

If all that turns out to be TRASH then that's a different conversation.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Sometimes you need to see the jig yourself to know its up.

Madden and 2K have lost me for a few years before I buy em again.
I get FIFA every year because there is some carry over of my create-a-player career and the games legitimately play different from year to year.

I'm out on all variations of COD and Assassin's Creed because they're beyond stale. Just gotta know which games you can live without and keep in mind a lot of gamers go in cycles with these yearly installment games. They may have been out on 2K18 so thats why they're in on 2K19.

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I'm saying since a game like Red Dead 2 costs more money to make and offers more value and still priced at 60 bucks then games that offer considerably less value and require considerably less effort to make should also cost less.

The only reason they cost that much is because people let them get away with it buy eating that shyt up. If everyone did what you suggested and waited until the price dropped or avoided it all together then their early sales would plummet and they would readjust accordingly.

Consumers actually have a lot of power by choosing when/how to spend their money so it sends a message beyond "just 60 bucks." But alas we live in a society of 0 self control so this will likely continue for the forseeable future. If you keep giving me 60 bucks for shyt why would I ever change anything?
Games have been 60 for years. I’m really surprised the prices haven’t went up some. Again if 60 is asking too much , why don’t u just wait for the sales?

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
Another game this site sees the jig on is Fallout 76. Even though they're 2 years removed from F4, F76 looks no different graphically from F4, and no different gameplay wise from F3. It's fine if you're gonna keep the same format but this exact gameplay has been around since 2008.

badboys11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
M
A lot of us who play cod madden and 2k every year wouldnt be playing video games without them. Its the reason to have a system

Last year i logged over 40 days of playing time on 2k. I could flip this question and ask how do people justify spending 60+ on a game you beat one time in 20 hrs and never play it again? Whats the point? Red dead 2 has 60 hrs of gameplay i heard. Big fukking deal.

A lot of people be sounding like spoiled, entitled children when they complain these games (and im fully aware of how many young adults nowadays are spoiled with entitlement issues, well over half of em) Super nintendo games used to cost 60 bucks and up. NBA live 94 let u play 1 season with a team, or you could play a friend heads up. With base rosters. That was it. Now we have mycareer, my league, mygm, myteam, online leagues, park, pro am, online tournaments, the game has gotten so in depth with options there is not enough time in the day for everything.

Anybody complaining about microtransctions, that only impacts the park. Thats it. What they need to do is bring back nba street so all the kids crying about not being a 99 can leave us alone and stop bytching to the devs.

im playing 2k today, and when yall beat red dead 2 and move on to the next game, i will still be playing 2k/madden. All the way until next year when the new one drops

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
Games have been 60 for years. I’m really surprised the prices haven’t went up some. Again if 60 is asking too much , why don’t u just wait for the sales?
You keep getting caught up on the 60 bucks and missing the whole point

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
I use to buy 2k/Madden every other year but I went a few years without buying either and didn't miss it at all since i only play franchise mode and not online.
I kept playing 2k12 and NCAA14 for years until finally getting the latest 2K and Madden last year and of course I thought both games were trash :francis:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop: we must "gamers" always complain about games they have no interest in? Obviously there is an audience for them and they prefer the yearly releases.

Cantwait

All Star
Daps
:snoop: we must "gamers" always complain about games they have no interest in? Obviously there is an audience for them and they prefer the yearly releases.
Umm maybe because we want them to be better? Why do people dikkride corporations and feed on whatever bullshyt they give you, push their propoganda while shutting down people that want things to be better for the consumer?