Why do people blame melo for his teams playoff failures ?

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
It's not ignorant melo isn't the chosen one and best player in the league . Lebrons had way more chances to win yet he lost even with the first and second seed to inferior teams .Hell even teaming with wade and bosh he lost .
By the way melo is way closer to Lebron than rivers is to henne that's a ignorant comparison . Melo is a top 10 player so let's see what he does with a healthy team next year , we see what happens with a hurt bosh

:aicmon:

if both players retired today. lebron would be in the HOF and melo would not

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
his team was healthy last year in the regular season and he lead them to a 42-40 record in the east. they played that boston team because of melo and the knicks under performing in the regular season after the trade.

as of right now he deserves most of the blame until proven otherwise.

next year is a make or break year.

:wtb: he got traded to them in the middle of the season.
what yall aint realizing is that upsets dont really happen in the 1st round of the playoffs. unless he was on the higher seeded team then he deserves no blame. so that's what 2-3 times where he was expected to win the series. (really someone tell me i dont feel like lookin it up)
the past 2 years couldn't blame him one iota cuz they're team straight fell apart physically

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
:wtb: he got traded to them in the middle of the season.
what yall aint realizing is that upsets dont really happen in the 1st round of the playoffs. unless he was on the higher seeded team then he deserves no blame. so that's what 2-3 times where he was expected to win the series. (really someone tell me i dont feel like lookin it up)
the past 2 years couldn't blame him one iota cuz they're team straight fell apart physically

the knicks had a winning record before the trade. melo could have waited until free agency but he just wanted money and the big lights of new york.

George Karl on Melo :

I don’t think you’re ever going to be a bad team with ‘Melo’s personality, but you’ve gotta work around his personality a little bit. I think sometimes the team is more important than the individual. You need individual talents, you need individual skills, you need the ability to score, but we were just cheating the game so much on the defensive end of the court, cheating the game in some offensive situations that I didn’t think we were getting enough team into the game as much as we were just getting scoring into the game.”

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He lost to the clippers I think they were favored , vs the jazz billups was hurt I believe .

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
George Carl ? How many rings he got, plus after the trade he said he would miss melo . Kenyon martin disagreed with George Carl yet you conviently don't quote that

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
the knicks had a winning record before the trade. melo could have waited until free agency but he just wanted money and the big lights of new york.

George Karl on Melo :

I don’t think you’re ever going to be a bad team with ‘Melo’s personality, but you’ve gotta work around his personality a little bit. I think sometimes the team is more important than the individual. You need individual talents, you need individual skills, you need the ability to score, but we were just cheating the game so much on the defensive end of the court, cheating the game in some offensive situations that I didn’t think we were getting enough team into the game as much as we were just getting scoring into the game.”

same George Karl who can barely make it out of the 1st round the past couple years? Karl=Melo
and the Knicks weren't gettin outta the 1st round with or without Melo last year

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
same George Karl who can barely make it out of the 1st round the past couple years? Karl=Melo
and the Knicks weren't gettin outta the 1st round with or without Melo last year

the same george karl that has his nuggets team wit a better record than the knicks in 2 straight years while playing in the west with no superstars.

the same karl that coached a team that went to the nba finals

where is melo's finals appearance?

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
the same george karl that has his nuggets team wit a better record than the knicks in 2 straight years while playing in the west with no superstars.

Do you believe Denver is a better team now than they were when Melo was there?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC

where is melo's finals appearance?

the same Karl that's sittin at home watchin the 2nd round with Melo.
20 years of coaching 1 finals appearance. cool.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
naw, but will melo ever reach another conference finals wit the knicks?

can anybody coach melo other than karl?

Who knows. His best chance will be next year w/ Chicago out of the running.

Where is this idea that Melo is uncoachable come from?

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
Who knows. His best chance will be next year w/ Chicago out of the running.

Where is this idea that Melo is uncoachable come from?

he's not uncoachable but he's hard to build around. he's not that good of a point forward and not willing to operate off ball.