Why do people blame melo for his teams playoff failures ?

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
f**k outta here with the Melo excuses. Agent 0>Melo in the mid 2000's, even if Melo was young as hell, Gilly was that dude and was one of the best pure scorers during those Wizards playoffs. And Melo and KG aren't even comparable. Sh!t Melo had A.I., Camby, Nene, Martin, Dre Miller, and J.R. Smith and actually one game 1 against the Spurs and still couldn't win the first round. And wasn't Melo Nuggets's squad like the second team to win 50 games and still get swept in the first round by the Lakers? Melo is a dope ass scorer and is madd talented but he is easily the most overrated superstar out of all the superstars.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No he's rated right where he belongs as the most versatile scorer in the league , but he's criticized for his subpar D ( which hes working on ).Where do you want melo rated? Name 10 players better who also won rings still playing in the league ? The answer Is you can't

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Melos been out the first round , even if it was one time he did it. Not only he won 50 games multiple times in the west. People act as if Melos ranked as the best player in the league which he isn't . But he is top 10 even analysts give him his due . Smh at agent zero ???? That was all in the east the wizards wouldn't have sniffed the playoffs in the west .

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
mann come on now with this coulda woulda stuff yo, just state some more facts bruh....but yea when Melo is on, he is a top 10 player in the league easily but, he needs a PG like Billups asap for him and his team to be effective and better in the future because the Knicks are gonna be stuck with their core of Melo, Stat, & Chandler

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
IDK though Lin is more of a scoring PG though, but he is still young and new so we gotta see. I'm telling yall should could Nash eventhough he is old, and can't play D, but Chandler can cover up his defensive inefficiency and the dude is madd smart with the ball, but you know Nash wants some mad cash so yall shouldn't wanna pay him too much. Also, do you think Melo has to be the point forward with the ball to be efficient?

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Garnett couldn't even get out the first round in the deep ass west , yet melo should beat the lakers and spurs ( clippers and jazz too I know )?:rudy: no mention of him and the nuggets being perennial play off teams after being in the lottery And even making a conference final without a real number 2 . Lebron beat the wizards 3 times , pistons and bulls first round that is nowhere the level of comp.

Why do people Blame Lebron for his teams failures?

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
lebron took scrubs to the finals and has numerous conference finals appearances.

melo has only been out of the first round 1 time and cant even get out of the first round in the east.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think He does need to be a point forward all game .he does need the ball and room to operate but he gotta find a way to balance that with Lin running the offense getting amare chandler fields involved

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In the east Lebron did that , then got spanked by the spurs. On the flip side no credit did getting the Knicks back into the playoffs after a decade drought?melo is always in the playoffs so he should get some credit for that in a harder division . Melo has no rings neither does Lebron so they both losers .

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
to use the "both have no rings so their both losers" argument is ignorant.

philip rivers and chad henne both have no rings but they are not the same

let's not act like the knicks were'nt on the verge of not making the playoffs until that 7-1 win streak with lin.

Melo has the worst playoff win percentage of all time for a player with 50 playoff games. stop with the excuses.

Youngdev

Superstar
Daps
to use the "both have no rings so their both losers" argument is ignorant.

philip rivers and chad henne both have no rings but they are not the same

let's not act like the knicks were'nt on the verge of not making the playoffs until that 7-1 win streak with lin.

Melo has the worst playoff win percentage of all time for a player with 50 playoff games. stop with the excuses.

I dont think half of your team being injured in the playoffs for two years in a row is an excuse. I mean unless Billups, amare x2, lin, Shumpert, Davis, didn't really get hurt. My eyes seen them on the bench

I really don't see any other team losing half of their starting lineup and succeeding.

Like i said before I watched wade get a straight pass when they lost to Boston in the first round a couple years back because he had no help, but somehow melo who is not as good as Wade, straight avoids this and gets 100% blame for his team losing to the heat and celtics.

When that team is healthy in the playoffs I will judge him. No how does deserve some blame for some past performances he played pretty shytty in a cpl Lakers series, but the last two years dude did all he could playing against Boston last year and the heat this yr.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

King Jove

King Of †he Gawds
Daps
Reppin
[redacted]
I dont think half of your team being injured in the playoffs for two years in a row is an excuse. I mean unless Billups, amare x2, lin, Shumpert, Davis, didn't really get hurt. My eyes seen them on the bench

I really don't see any other team losing half of their starting lineup and succeeding.

Like i said before I watched wade get a straight pass when they lost to Boston in the first round a couple years back because he had no help, but somehow melo who is not as good as Wade, straight avoids this and gets 100% blame for his team losing to the heat and celtics.

When that team is healthy in the playoffs I will judge him. No how does deserve some blame for some past performances he played pretty shytty in a cpl Lakers series, but the last two years dude did all he could playing against Boston last year and the heat this yr.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

his team was healthy last year in the regular season and he lead them to a 42-40 record in the east. they played that boston team because of melo and the knicks under performing in the regular season after the trade.

as of right now he deserves most of the blame until proven otherwise.

next year is a make or break year.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's not ignorant melo isn't the chosen one and best player in the league . Lebrons had way more chances to win yet he lost even with the first and second seed to inferior teams .Hell even teaming with wade and bosh he lost .
By the way melo is way closer to Lebron than rivers is to henne that's a ignorant comparison . Melo is a top 10 player so let's see what he does with a healthy team next year , we see what happens with a hurt bosh

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The team was gutted to get melo and billups and amare both got hurt so really you don't know what your talking about.