WHY DO NEW cartoons look like they were made on ADOBE FLASH?

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, the first few seasons of the Simpsons especially had hideous animation. Tons of drawing errors, frames not aligning, bizarre movement...shyt was bad. Sometimes they even poked fun at it with gags :russ:

Some examples:

tumblr_mp0swp0bPc1qcgnulo1_500.png

ned_off_model.jpg

Kj4yq6fbD75x.jpg

And these aren't cherry-picked in-between frames that you don't even catch during regular viewing either. This shyt is actually visible in the show.
That's before they changed animation studios. The early seasons were done by Klasky Csupo(Rugrats, Duckman) and that ugly look was kinda their style.

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
Bring back Cartoon Cartoons

I want Cow n Chicken, Johnny Bravo, Dexter's Lab, some Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, and hell even Power Puff Girls fukk this new shyt.

Carrera Lu

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jerz
Probably something to do with what they are learning in art school combined with current industry tools/standards and the need for the resolution push for HD/4K.

Alot of these people come out of SVA in NYC. Rebecca Sugar was one of them she worked as an artist on Adventure Time and created Steven Universe, it's probably how they are taught.

LEEeveryday

The-Coli Music Critic
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#LyricsMatter
the microwave culture want everything faster to maximize sales...

...I'm staying firm in the idea that quality is king. fukk cutting corners.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The usa never took animation seriously. So people never went into it like that over here. Which is a damn shame... Don Bluth and Ralph Bakshi should be bigger names :francis:

Also you've been in the "hipster" age of animation since Adventure Time.

Don Blueth Da Gawd.... :mjcry:

All dogs go to heaven, Dragon's Lair, An American Tale, Titan A.E. :ohlawd:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Midwest

Most of these dudes shyt look like this and they still be garbage... but i dont blame the technology, i blame the animators and art style... :scust:

I mean look at OPM....

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown: Why these American Artists be fukking slacking for years especially Marvel Animation?!!? How hard is it to get talent behind your boards man??? No style, no soul...

SIDENOTE: When I develop "Aaron Jackson: The animated Series" Mad House will be at the top of the list for studios I call... :ufdup::salute:
:whoo: Got damn that animation looks piff. I've been avoiding OPM for the longest, never seen a single episode since it seems so generic. I may have to check it out.