WHY DO NEW cartoons look like they were made on ADOBE FLASH?

qwasi

Rhinestone Cowboy
Daps
The greatest off putting element is how bubbly, oversaturwtion of bright colours & rounding of edges they employ. The world/universes are just off balance. People praise OPM but it at time employs the same issue. Animators go retarded on the technicolor, EDM environment & fail to balance it out. Mob Paycho is probably the best use of this effect without over bearing.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
opm is an anomaly in just about every sense of the word.

OPM is the gawd... those fight scenes are beyond ridiculous when it comes to animation... Mad House goes IN....:ohlawd: and the huge irony is that Marvel's budget compared to mad house is probably insane and they still cannot reach anything on par with DC's animation as far as storyboarding, directing, fluid motions, fight scenes... I mean how hard is it??? :mindblown:

Mensch Fontana

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHHICEY
Is it just me or do most of these new cartoons look like they were made on adobe flash?

look at how stylistic older cartoons were...

now lets compare them to the modern day versions that look like flash animations

yes the new cartoons look sharper, but the flat colour, the adobe flash animation look is terrible.

The worst offender is this new pokemon shyt

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
It's not necessarily the technology, it's that today's animation supervisors/directors are obsessed with being as on-model as possible as opposed to expressiveness, and the advanced computer technology makes it easier to do so. As a result, a lot of shyt is flat, even though it's polished. The Simpsons intro is a prime example:

That side-by-side comparison is really depressing
:mjcry:

Anyway, to make everyone feel better about modern computer-aided action animation:

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
aint there schools here where people are taught to be animators tho??? :mindblown:

Yeah, but you can't pay them pennies to do it.

more than ever cartoons are about selling toys and spending as little as possible on production.

Also gotta keep in mind that most of this shyt is geared directly to kids that don't give a shyt. The more high end animation is the stuff that typically geared towards teens and adults.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Also...
It might not be fair to look at cartoon intros. Back in the 80's, the animation in the cartoon intros was usually a lot higher quality than what you would see in a day-to-day episode.

The average Thundercats episode did NOT look like this:

Edit:
Found an article the actually makes the argument that the Thundercats intro was one of the greatest pieces of animation ever produced, and that it practically invented "bullet time" long before the Matrix
ThunderCats and the impact of Japanese animation on film

Last edited:

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Also...
It might not be fair to look at cartoon intros. Back in the 80's, the animation in the cartoon intros was usually a lot higher quality than what you would see in a day-to-day episode.

The average Thundercats episode did NOT look like this:

Edit:
Found an article the actually makes the argument that the Thundercats intro was one of the greatest pieces of animation ever produced, and that it practically invented "bullet time" long before the Matrix
ThunderCats and the impact of Japanese animation on film

this is still one of the best intro's of all time

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I have felt like this for a good minute but always found it hard to articulate since I'm not an animation head.

But every time I try to get into new cartoons I'm thrown off by how they look and I just can't do it.

My nieces and nephew would come over and watch cartoons and I'm trying to watch it with them like :patrice:why does it look like that.?
They are like look like what?:what:

I'm like...so clean and flat and bright:scust:

But to them it looks normal so :hubie:

I hate to be the old man always complaining about the new generation so I shrugged and resigned myself to the fact that I was now :flabbynsick: