WHY DO NEW cartoons look like they were made on ADOBE FLASH?

TransJenner

Banned
Daps
Because these animators are garbage even with the computers they cutting corners and going for cheap shyt..:scust:
Plus I don't think they're allowed to draw cartoons anymore because of them wasting paper

I could be way off though

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
Plus I don't think they're allowed to draw cartoons anymore because of them wasting paper

They draw stuff on paper and then scan and digitally trace it. Basically just like the cel process only 100x less painful. Although I imagine most American stuff have moved onto tablets rather than paper. We're still figuring out how to translate line variation and shyt to digital platforms.

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Majority of new TV cartoons are trash as far as animation. I wonder if the popularity cheap looking anime helped influenced and okayed it.

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Is it just me or do most of these new cartoons look like they were made on adobe flash?

look at how stylistic older cartoons were...

yes the new cartoons look sharper, but the flat colour, the adobe flash animation look is terrible.

I work in animation, its cuz they are actually made in adobe flash..... :francis:

and the other animation program toonboom has puppet ass animation like flash, on top of the fact that there are only a handful of people in america that can properly animate. thats why there are only like 3 action shows, americans cant animate action and it cost more to send the shyt to korea for them to animate action properly.

perspective: them weak ass shows on now might be like 200k for 20min of animation. black dynamite was like damn near 400k :krs: and some of the shyt wasnt even animated all the way how they wanted it to be.

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I work in animation, its cuz they are actually made in adobe flash..... :francis:

and the other animation program toonboom has puppet ass animation like flash, on top of the fact that there are only a handful of people in america that can properly animate. thats why there are only like 3 action showws, americans cant animate action and it coast more to send the shyt to korea for them to animate action properly.

perspective: them weak ass shows on now might be like 200k for 20min of animation. black dynamite was like damn near 400k :krs: and some of the shyt wasnt even animated all the way how they wanted it to be.
How did American animation fall off so hard? We use to be number 1

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

They draw stuff on paper and then scan and digitally trace it. Basically just like the cel process only 100x less painful. Although I imagine most American stuff have moved onto tablets rather than paper. We're still figuring out how to translate line variation and shyt to digital platforms.

Most of these dudes shyt look like this and they still be garbage... but i dont blame the technology, i blame the animators and art style... :scust:

I mean look at OPM....

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown: Why these American Artists be fukking slacking for years especially Marvel Animation?!!? How hard is it to get talent behind your boards man??? No style, no soul...

SIDENOTE: When I develop "Aaron Jackson: The animated Series" Mad House will be at the top of the list for studios I call... :ufdup::salute:

Last edited:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
i legit think there is only one dude who draws on paper, and he's a character designer for WB :russ: some storyboard artists start on paper, very few people scan anything.

its industry standard to work on a cintiq, at the bare minimum a wacom tablet. we've had line variation/pressure sensitivity for drawing on the computer since like early 2000's

parallax

Superstar
Daps

Most of these dudes shyt look like this and they still be garbage... but i dont blame the technology, i blame the animators and art style... :scust:

I mean look at OPM....

:mindblown::mindblown::mindblown: Why these American Artists be fukking slacking for years especially Marvel Animation?!!? How hard is it to get talent behind your boards man??? No style, no soul...

SIDENOTE: When I develop "Aaron Jackson: The animated Series" Mad House will be at the top of the list for studios I call... :ufdup::salute:

opm is an anomaly in just about every sense of the word.

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
How did American animation fall off so hard? We use to be number 1
American animation has almost always been outsourced to foreign countries, usually Korea, they've just gotten more restrictive and draconian in how they want the studios to animate their stuff. The Americans design the characters and do the story boarding, and foreign countries handle the animation.

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

and the other animation program toonboom has puppet ass animation like flash, on top of the fact that there are only a handful of people in america that can properly animate. thats why there are only like 3 action shows, americans cant animate action and it cost more to send the shyt to korea for them to animate action properly.

MIND BLOWIN

I knew boondocks had there shyt animated in asia, but damn im shocked usa can't do animation better now than they did back in the 90s

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
American animation has almost always been outsourced to foreign countries, usually Korea, they've just gotten more restrictive and draconian in how they want the studios to animate their stuff. The Americans design the characters and do the story boarding, and foreign countries handle the animation.
I'm talking about how it started out strong with MGM, Warner Bros., Disney and Fleischer studios putting out high quality animation, and the early 90s had we had some nicely animated cartoons being done in America (like the Simpsons up till 1996), but now it's a thing of the past. And what is animated here now looks bad