Why do Gays feel the need to let it be known they are homosexual

OC's finest

All Star
Daps
This Anderson cooper thing got me thinking. Why do most gays feel they have to tell everyone on some look at me steez

too laazy to read this entire thread, but if ur curious at a good explanation, read anderson coopers explanation why he came out. hes very eloquent and knowledgeable on the topic.

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
If they can't marry the person they love, is that not discrimination?

I don't understand the gay thing, but i don't have to understand it to see that the persecution they face is unfair and unnecessary.

The thought of man on man love repulses me, and sets my skin to crawling, but never would i drop the f-word on them.
When i was younger, sure.
But as a man grown, and experienced with people from different walks, i can't slide such a boyish insult from my tongue.

People who drop the f-word in a derogatory manner are lumped into the same boat as the white guys who throw the hard n-word with hate in their hearts.
Ugly, tarnished souls.
That goes for black, white, red and brown.

If you can't understand the reason why they announce it, you're too immature for the convo.

By definition marriage is between a man and a woman. Why should we change definitions of words now?
yes and this is the first time ive had my patience tested, but ima let this....individual live.

i asked to be a moderator because im unbiased and generally fair, i have no real fueds on here and have no prblems with anyone and i tend to be respected among you guys so i thought id give it a try.

i think this bullshyt right here is a situation where i am being more than generous with my fairness.

also, i fukk with big girls because thats what i choose to do, im not ashamed of shyt. unlike some of these individuals who are living double lives on here. the difference is, there is proof of who i am, actual pics of me exist, i dont live in a fukking fantasy world where i hide myself because im a fukking faq who cant come to grips with who i really am
A double life? I don't even get into details about my life, yet you some weird stranger on the internet think you know me. You don't hide who you are and pics of you exist? That's why you wear a mask all the time? And you don't live a double life? Talk about irony. :pachaha: Hey dude you came at me first. Remember that. I don't think about you ever. I never read a post of yours in my life so I literally had to search for threads you made to even know who the fukk you were. :dead: I know when you log off you're talking to people about "what Sierra Mist said on thecoli" while twirling your phone cord and shyt. It's not a double life you moron. No one should be putting their personal lives on the net period. I don't. You mad? This is a messageboard. Not Facebook. I can really tell this is the only social life a lot of you have. Patience is being tested!!! I'm happy I ruined your day simply by posting some words.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
By definition marriage is between a man and a woman. Why should we change definitions of words now?
A double life? I don't even get into details about my life, yet you some weird stranger on the internet think you know me. You don't hide who you are and pics of you exist? That's why you wear a mask all the time? And you don't live a double life? Talk about irony. :pachaha: Hey dude you came at me first. Remember that. I don't think about you ever. I never read a post of yours in my life so I literally had to search for threads you made to even know who the fukk you were. :dead: I know when you log off you're talking to people about "what Sierra Mist said on thecoli" while twirling your phone cord and shyt. It's not a double life you moron. No one should be putting their personal lives on the net period. I don't. You mad? This is a messageboard. Not Facebook. I can really tell this is the only social life a lot of you have. Patience is being tested!!! I'm happy I ruined your day simply by posting some words.

Does giving them the right to marry challenge or undermine your marriage?

Its funny.
I'm a pentecostal christian, born and raised.
Do i agree with them being together? Nope.
Do i technically want them to be able to marry? Nope.
But until an answer can be formed without going to religious text, i can't legitly take a stand against it, since one of the things i champion loudest is a separation of church and state.
And the whole fiasco of gay marriage comes from the church involving itself in the state.

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
on what planet do you live ? the bolded is simply not true. I don't have a problem discriminating against criminal convicts, people with poor hygiene or plain idiots. That's just how society works. We discriminate all the time.

it's important to have priorities in life but hey you are free to use all your energy to support the gays in their quest for adoption rights if you want.

Yet you obscure the point.
And would you find no issue with white people 50+ years ago denouncing the civil rights movement, while parroting the silliness you just posted?

Honest question

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Yet you obscure the point.
And would you find no issue with white people 50+ years ago denouncing the civil rights movement, while parroting the silliness you just posted?

Honest question
when will you people understand. I don't equate being gay with being of a certain skin color. the prejudices are not on the same level. hating someone because of their skin color is not the same as considering homosexuality decadent and repugnant. stop it. it's not working.
I'm done entertaining you guys

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
when will you people understand. I don't equate being gay with being of a certain skin color. the prejudices are not on the same level. hating someone because of their skin color is not the same as considering homosexuality decadent and repugnant. stop it. it's not working.
I'm done entertaining you guys

I never said the prejudice against homosexuals was anywhere near the same level as what our ancestors faced.
In fact, i don't know anyone who's ever came out their face with that.

But its the fact that prejudice IS there, that discrimination IS there that is the rallying cry.

Is some prejudice/discrimination alright in your views?(aside from obvious things like rapists, cannibals child touchers, etc)

Because thats the rub of the gay community right there.
The fact that some people cannot marry the people they wish to marry, or bequeath property, etc.
Thats not alright to me, and i don't even like to see men holding hands, much less kissing, booed up cuddling.

It is repugnant to me to see it, but maturity allows me to look past my boundaries, while respecting theirs.

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
what baffles me about some of you nikkas is how you don't realize that marriage (in a legal/civil context) has NOTHING to do with God. Marriage itself predates just about all forms of current organized religion to begin with...

the Gay marriage thing is a civil rights debate, if a church wont marry them cool. But the state has NOTHING to do with religion and thus to not allow people to marry based upon WHO they are marrying is unconstitutional...

it would be like saying you fukkers cant marry the PAWGS you so covet, people used the bible to justify white superiority/Manifest Destiny and by proxy jim crow and not marry interracial couples. Its not about religion or God..its about peoples rights as Americans.