Why do cacs hate nickleback

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Patrick from Fall Out Boy said something about this recently, that made total sense. Nickelback has sold millions of records, sell out tours and all that, but it became "cool" to not like them. Actual Nickelback fans, who are out there buying all the albums and coppin' mad tickets are now ashamed to say that they love the group.

It goes to show you how sheep-ish music fans are. Just like cats on here, people are afraid to actually be fans of artists or groups that may not be "cool" to like. You see it on here daily, cats asking if it's "ok" to like certain artists or albums. No one has their own opinion anymore. Nickelback fans are scared to say they support them, so they run with the trend of actin' like they hate them. It's mad childish. Like whoever you like and support them.

This is seriously how you rationalize Nickleback hate :laff: :heh:? How about they make putrid, cliche "soft verse-power chord chorus" redneck rawk with some of the most irksome croaky singing of all time. Nickelback is also the epitome of generic and lazy. They've been peddling the same uninspired crap for 15 years or so.

Most people have horrible tastes that's why Nickelback sold well. They're just :trash: to most rational people deal with it.

Fall Out Boy also sucks

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
But generally it seems that its the lead singer who is causing a lot of this pathetic discography by the group......

As someone said already

The songwriting sucks
The singing sucks
The music/production sucks

I mean I'm trying to think of a hip hop analogy and Papoose is the only person I can think of....

I remember years ago starting to listening to rock........and like most people when you first start listening to a specific genre it ends up being the more well known mainstream....

So obviously this was linkin park and nickleback....

I remember years ago when I was in high school in gym class before it started I was around this white kid I knew and when he was looking at what I was listening to was like 'aww u fukking serious nickleback"? :pachaha:

At the time I thought it was just the dude hating and him just being a music snob........but then I remembered like myself today he had a very diverse open minded range of artists on his ipod......so for him to say something like that something was up.........

It can just be people's "opinions"

After a while you witness it first hand and they just(Nickleback) just started to really annoy me to no end........and as I already stated its mainly the lead singer.........

Jack Black in that movie "School of Rock" a decade ago had way better songs in that movie :beli:

Hell Jack Black has better songs overall

The dude is just a bad

CASHAPP

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh
Come on now :stopitslime:

:damn: :pachaha:

Breh I was born in Mississagua but have been living in NY my whole life pretty much......and only visited about once again when 10........

But I'm constantly keeping up to date ........

I was SOOOO tempted to include Nelly Furtado in that list I just made if I wasn't addicted to her "say it right" and "I'm like a bird" songs....

But the big homey Canada needs a big upgrade.........u look at places like Jamaica and the flags/symbols makes me so jealous

I mean a flag with a maple leaf? :comeon:

God we are so lame :sadcam: wish melanie fiona would blow up bigger........everything about us is so wack

AkaDemiK

I Love Hip-Hop
Daps
On the coli? Yes in real life? No

chris-brown-side-eye-o.gif

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Breh

Breh I was born in Mississagua but have been living in NY my whole life pretty much......and only visited about once again when 10........

But I'm constantly keeping up to date ........

I was SOOOO tempted to include Nelly Furtado in that list I just made if I wasn't addicted to her "say it right" and "I'm like a bird" songs....

But the big homey Canada needs a big upgrade.........u look at places like Jamaica and the flags/symbols makes me so jealous

I mean a flag with a maple leaf? :comeon:

God we are so lame :sadcam: wish melanie fiona would blow up bigger........everything about us is so wack

So true :snoop: :sadcam:. We're corny as hell and extra complacent as far as art and entertainment. Trailer Park Boys, Russell Peters, Drake, Rush and Bieber are all we're known for internationally :damn: and we lack a distinct national identity. Canadian TV is 95% American programming from the last season and 5% garbage like Corner Gas :gag:.

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
Nickleback is an abomination and its hilarious seeing nikkas who musical knowledge most likely starts and ends with hiphop/rap applauding their shytty shytty three chord formulaic garbage. Nickleback=Taylor Swift with a man smh

Also while Linkin Park is garbage as well I did dig them in high school. They are a great gateway band. Still if you are a grown man with the ability to experience all the great music throughout the internet and still think they are anything but ass you need to expand your musical horizons.

Daps
:stopitslime:

Probably the dumbest thing ever. It's Nickleback. You'd have to be dead or a recluse to not have heard a single song. Most people in this thread have listened to multiple songs and I personally have actually been to a Nickleback concert.

:pacspit: Neg rep

:mindblown: what where you doing at a nickleback concert???

Any scene cred you had has been officially nulled.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
:mindblown: what where you doing at a nickleback concert???

Any scene cred you had has been officially nulled.

:childplease:

What in the world is "scene cred"? I'm not 12 years old. I'll go to any concert I damn well please. I got two free tickets so me and a friend went for fun. Besides I love music. I've been to Dashboard Confessional concerts, Story of the Year, Cold, Chevelle concerts, Rusted Root, Dave Matthews, Cody Chestnut, Lil Wayne, etc. Some of those bands are god awful looking back, but music is music and if you are in my city, I'll check it out if I got the time. At least it gives me the right to say they suck or not. :yeshrug:

Cold :heh: they were like a shyttier Staind. Bunch of Avril Lavigne clones in the audience.

Story of the Year :smh:

Dashboard Confessional...probably the funniest concert I ever been to. A bunch of 14 year old girls in the crowd and there we were, three 18 year old dudes singing along with them :snoop:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daps
:childplease:

What in the world is "scene cred"? I'm not 12 years old. I'll go to any concert I damn well please. I got two free tickets so me and a friend went for fun. Besides I love music. I've been to Dashboard Confessional concerts, Story of the Year, Cold, Chevelle concerts, Rusted Root, Dave Matthews, Cody Chestnut, Lil Wayne, etc. Some of those bands are god awful looking back, but music is music and if you are in my city, I'll check it out if I got the time. At least it gives me the right to say they suck or not. :yeshrug:

Cold :heh: they were like a shyttier Staind. Bunch of Avril Lavigne clones in the audience.

Cold - Stupid Girl - YouTube

Story of the Year :smh:

Story Of The Year - Until The Day I Die (Video) - YouTube

Dashboard Confessional...probably the funniest concert I ever been to. A bunch of 14 year old girls in the crowd and there we were, three 18 year old dudes singing along with them :snoop:

Hands Down-Dashboard Confessional(Unplugged) - YouTube
:beli: The scene cred thing was a joke.

But seriously you want to a Nickleback concert. :lolbron:

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
:beli: The scene cred thing was a joke.

But seriously you want to a Nickleback concert. :lolbron:

:heh: yeh it was hilariously. Mom Jeans and Mullets throughout the crowd. Chad Kroeger came out with an acoustic guitar and started playing "how you remind me". Plays 15 seconds of it then smashes his guitar and says, "this is a fukking rock concert". The curtains come up and they started to "rock" out. :merchant:

We left.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Patrick from Fall Out Boy said something about this recently, that made total sense. Nickelback has sold millions of records, sell out tours and all that, but it became "cool" to not like them. Actual Nickelback fans, who are out there buying all the albums and coppin' mad tickets are now ashamed to say that they love the group.

It goes to show you how sheep-ish music fans are. Just like cats on here, people are afraid to actually be fans of artists or groups that may not be "cool" to like. You see it on here daily, cats asking if it's "ok" to like certain artists or albums. No one has their own opinion anymore. Nickelback fans are scared to say they support them, so they run with the trend of actin' like they hate them. It's mad childish. Like whoever you like and support them.

Fall Out Boy sucks dikk. Like big dikk. You were better off quoting the lead singer of Panic at the Disco :laugh:..