Why do black people get so mad at what other black people purchase?

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
Because they think they deserve what they have or they think it makes them look bad.

El Bajo Negro

Banned
Daps
I guarantee you that you have bought a bunch of shyt in your life that You didn’t need

Yeah a $300 guitar and a PS4, but I haven't wasted hundreds of thousands on chains and useless shyt

Meanwhile in my neighborhood, schools and rec centers are being shut down and a homeless center is getting demolished to make room for some retail space. These rich nikkas not obligated to help the community but if they gonna throw away several hundred thousand $$$ then why not put it somewhere important instead? That chain or Lambo money coulda sent so many young men and women to college! Or at least put it in savings so their future generations can live good. It makes me so sad to see these rappers and athletes broke later because they wasted their money. Everyone deserves to treat themselves but it is easy to go overboard like these people do.

We will not benefit from caping for ignorance.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
Black celebrity buys an expensive chain or watch, then some nikkaz absolutely lose their gatdamn minds :gucci:

“Why is he buying that chain, he should be giving back to his community” :angry:

Black person will buy a fresh whip

“Why is he buying that car, doesn’t he know that cars depreciate and he’s gonna lose money” “If that was me, I would just buy a Toyota Camry” :angry:

Why do some black people feel the need to police other black people’s hard earned money that THEY MADE” :what:

Becasue we see TOO MANY stories about the next celeb going broke

ORDER_66

Demon Time coming 2024
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Because in this economical climate it seems backwards ASF. how you gonna be buying a 50K plus diamond encrusted watch or chain when you got kids here starvin on the streets I mean for me personally there can be so many other greater incentive things to be doing with that $50,000 whether it's to enrich your life or others... Jewelery always seemed petty as fukk to me like it's like a device that says look at me back in the days of royalty and kings and serfs and shyt. It's a tool to get people to notice to flaunt your wealth...

I mean in present day it's just stupid to wear $50K around your neck like a fukking idiot... People going broke, hungry out here, whole towns living in raw sewage and you putting 50K around your neck bragging to others look at what I got it's fukking asinine to me... :beli: I'd take that 50K and invest it in production music equipment or some shyt or a house or something that could bring me money not nothing that loses value...

I mean I just figure as I've now grown up and my eyes are open there are better things to blow your money on than just jewelry. it just irks the shyt outta me knowing our people struggling and this nikka got the audacity to buy a diamond encrusted watch or some shyt flossing like you a fukking king and you wonder why nikkas gunnin for you in the hood... :scust:

That's just my opinion man... :manny: squander your riches, instead of building wealth dumbasses...

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't the coli shyt on Kendrick for buying his sister a Camry saying he could've done more?:heh:

nikkas gonna complain no matter what

this

The hypocrisy is stupid.

Everyone claims to not watch pockets, but every thread about money i've entered is 99% pocket watching.

We just had 2 threads this weekend (Migos Jewelery, Cardi B's Car) that were filled with pocket watching.

Lets see how many brehs from that thread switch their tune up in here:sas2:

75 Others

Stop it Skeeeyyyuuup
Daps
Yeah a $300 guitar and a PS4, but I haven't wasted hundreds of thousands on chains and useless shyt

Meanwhile in my neighborhood, schools and rec centers are being shut down and a homeless center is getting demolished to make room for some retail space. These rich nikkas not obligated to help the community but if they gonna throw away several hundred thousand $$$ then why not put it somewhere important instead? That chain or Lambo money coulda sent so many young men and women to college! Or at least put it in savings so their future generations can live good. It makes me so sad to see these rappers and athletes broke later because they wasted their money. Everyone deserves to treat themselves but it is easy to go overboard like these people do.

We will not benefit from caping for ignorance.

lets get this thread popping, has any of your $$$$ gone to said schools or rec centers, how about any volunteering of your time?? If you say no, just spare me the bother of even replying because I'm letting you know up front I;m gonna post the juelz gif

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
People can buy what they want but if you're posting your purchases off on social media for likes and comments it's fair game.

I personally find it tacky, but in this case music artists have to continually sell an image that their money is long, and they can buy stuff like this on the regular with no second thought.

I hope that their also putting money away for the inevitable rainy day.

:yeshrug:

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I hate seeing black celebrities go broke, but I wait until they go broke before casting judgement. I try not to judge them while they buy things, you never know what they are investing in.

I think for most people you describe, the thought of never attaining frightens them so they lash out at people having fun and blowing money. The celebrities should start clapping back by saying, "How come you haven't earned this money and did what you want me to do?" It would be a valid point even though they would get roasted for saying it.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Black celebrity buys an expensive chain or watch, then some nikkaz absolutely lose their gatdamn minds
“Why is he buying that chain, he should be giving back to his community” :angry:
Black person will buy a fresh whip
“Why is he buying that car, doesn’t he know that cars depreciate and he’s gonna lose money” “If that was me, I would just buy a Toyota Camry” :angry:
Why do some black people feel the need to police other black people’s hard earned money that THEY MADE”
Makes sense.
White celebrities don't get flack for buying expensive jewelry.
White person buys a nice car, he may get flack for losing money on the depreciation, unless he got a deal on it. Then, people are praising him for making a great decision, even though he'll still going to lose money on the depreciation.
Take a look at six-figure luxury and sports cars. They drop in value from depreciation into the five-figure price. No one bats an eye. Really awful consumer decision.

This youtuber bought a used 2013 Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG station wagon. New with options, it cost in the low $100,000+ and its depreciated value is over 1/2 its original value but it has low mileage and is in excellent condition. In the video comments, no one says "he should give back to the community."