Why didn't Avatar make a cultural impact?

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
:dead::dead:@ fern gully

Forgot all about that shyt but had it on vhs as a kid :banderas:

Never gave it the type of spin that Lion King and Aladdin got but it was something i appreciated, right there with the rescuers down under and rock-a-doodle lol. the b-list cartoon movies of my time.

Damn near 25 years ago since i last saw fern gully.. not sure how i'd feel if i were to watch that blonde cac now (:mjpls:)

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The visuals look fake as fukk. Man of steel had better effects

:stopitslime: I'm going to assume you never saw the movie in theaters.

I think Avatar is the most overrated movie of the past decade, but the visuals in that film are first rate for it's time. The only problem with them is that they were made with one format in mind so the shyt doesn't look as good outside of the IMAX experience.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Because we watched Kevin Costner in the same fukking movie 19 years earlier...

I'm still :heh: @ Cameron saying he waited 20 years for a studio to allow him to make dances with blue aliens in 3D...

Spyro

Banned
Daps
One of the greatest movies of all time in my opinion :hubie:

Gonna watch later and relive this epicness :ahh:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
Yeah, movie's story is Pocahontas in space.

Yet almost every fukking superhero movie is practically the same story (especilly Marvel) but no one ever bytches about that :shaq2:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because it has to be experienced in 3D for the film to achieve it's full effect. Cameron might've thought 3D TV's would be in every home by now but it's still a novelty feature for most people at this point. I would bet money if it were re-released in theaters it would gross a good amount of money again. Most immersive film I've ever experienced.

Spyro

Banned
Daps
because to really appreciate the movie you have to watch it in 3d.... and outside of theaters 3d hasnt taken off

First time I watched the movie was a few years back at home, 2D on a smaller screen... and I think it's one of the GOAT's.

:yeshrug:

Wait till the sequels and Cameron the GAWD gives you all a filmgasm :wow:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
First time I watched the movie was a few years back at home, 2D on a smaller screen... and I think it's one of the GOAT's.

:yeshrug:

Wait till the sequels and Cameron the GAWD gives you all a filmgasm :wow:
the only thing goat about the movie is tech used to make it
the movie is straight
i saw that shyt in 3d at the theaters, shyt was godly visually

x-factor7

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
This movie made over $2 billion only because it was marketed as the movie from the director of Titanic, which is pretty crazy, that a movie was viewed solely on the name of the director. But the movie isn't anything special, its true, no one talks about it and it doesn't even have talking points like classic movies do.