Why did the Pusha T/Drake beef seem to get so much more attention than Budden/Drake?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
since when do the masses care about whats musically relevant with hip-hoppers?

they knew budden's name more than pusha's.

AKA a nobody to the masses.
The hip hop people(the ones drake want respect from) was the ones who cared bout the disses. Which made drake respond, the thread is bout why he responded. Musically pusha is a bigger name than budden.

Seem like you just wanna debate for nothin. Budden fukkery fans could care less that he disses drake cause they ain’t checking for his music. So drake had no pressure to respond.

Pusha claim to fame is all music so that’s the people that made it a big deal

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
Pusha T's diss was better. The diss on the album then the story of Addidon were too scathing to be denied.

Buddens diss lacked polish, lacked hype. Buddens always over estimates himself and his impact, his diss was no different.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
The hip hop people(the ones drake want respect from) was the ones who cared bout the disses. Which made drake respond, the thread is bout why he responded. Musically pusha is a bigger name than budden.

Seem like you just wanna debate for nothin. Budden fukkery fans could care less that he disses drake cause they ain’t checking for his music. So drake had no pressure to respond.

Pusha claim to fame is all music so that’s the people that made it a big deal

its not just about why drake responded.

hes also asking why pusha diss got more attention.

hip-hop people pay attention to all the disses. I was talking about the casuals & non-rap fans. especially after people tried to say pusha is a bigger name.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
Because Drake never really addressed Budden directly. Joe jumped the gun. He knew Drake had one lil line on French song for him. And then Joe unloaded the whole clip before the French song even dropped.... He should have waited and just dropped one potent diss. But he was dropping multiple 4-5 min songs and shyt.

Pusha had a whole song from Drake directed at him, and he came back with one very direct diss song and rolled it out well. It's a easy listen. Joe's shyt was a lil more detailed but he needed to kind of dumb it down for it to be effective. It's like he gave us an essay when we just needed an outline

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

hip-hop people pay attention to all the disses. I was talking about the casuals & non-rap fans. especially after people tried to say pusha is a bigger name.

I get your point. Actually I get both points.

To people outside of hip-hop Joe Budden is bigger. To strictly hip-hop fans, Pusha T is bigger.

So it stands to reason, Budden's disses should've made more noise. But people outside of hip-hop don't give a fukk about bars....which was what Budden's disses were.

Pusha T's lines were just straight disrespectful. shyt on his mom, baby mama, dad, dying friend, etc. Even Budden himself admitted you can't "bar" someone like Drake to death because his fans don't care about shyt like that.

Fred.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Lmaoooo, this is so backwards.

Remember Pusha was beefing with Wayne way before. He switched to going at Drake because he was the bigger target. drake asked him pubicly to be more direct and pusha still didn't say his dreams money to buy remix or Exodus was about anyone specifically. he didn't even start going at Kanye until Kanye went on that rant and that was after Ye said 40 stole his style. I think that's the only person Kanye has directly said that about.

He went at Pusha directly on 2 birds 1 stone. Pusha still brought up the difference in authenticity when it comes to music. that was the only thing he had going for him.

Pusha even said in an interview that he's his labels designated shooter so people can have their peace and there's only person that he's been going at consistently now. the same person kanye expressed jealousy towards, the same one that helped write multiple songs on TLOP, the same one he was in Wyoming with to work on music with, the same one they purposely tried not to credit on literally the only single from Ye.

Ye literally had the nikka over writing for the past 3 albums and Ye still sat by and let Pusha's current claim to fame be calling out Drake for ghostwriting, he rode with Cudi after he and his manager did the same thing.

Ye, so far, has admitted to releasing those albums to mess up his rollout and scatting over lift yourself, presumably just because Drake took him off God's Plan, and to being aware of the Quintin Miller bar in Pusha's diss and saying no song he's apart of should have negative energy to him.

Ye has admitted to all that. Pusha admitted to being the shooter so ye can maintain his happiness. and somehow people still think Drake went at Ye because he's scared of Pusha?

The man he called out for all the lying about him selling. The man who responded with it "that's like saying the Holocaust didn't happen" and could only attack him with ghostwriting again. The man that had his card pulled when Drake referenced Pusha's own brother saying they grew up decently and sold for clothes. The man that had his card pulled again when asked what he truly thinks about ye if he been dissing Drake for ghostwriting all these years.

Be real, if ye wouldn't have gave up everything he knew about Drake, Duppy would have ended Pusha.

I can't stress enough just how long he only talked about Drake ghostwriting in songs and interviews, just to push all that shyt aside when he got confronted on it.

ya'll even let him say he's pushing those credibility attacks aside on the track, lmao. like uh nah, fukk that, what bout THIS though?

man is/was nothing but a tool for ye's jealousy. I know people hate Drake but he's bodied pretty much every single rapper that comes at him. Look: he had common out here admitting he came at Drake because he was emotional over Serena, had Meek admitting to being an opiate addict and only sending those tweets because he was high, had Pusha out here admitting he's just a tool for the label/ye to go at Drake, and has Ye on an actual Drake apology tour. shyt's actually hilarious.

this nikka wrote a mental gymnastics essay :dead:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Budden at least got some success out his sh*t. He even admitted it's one of the key moments in the growth of the podcast.

Push gained nothing from it. Album sales slowed down, tour flopped. No tangible gains.

Pusha just had the big TMZ gossip and Drake actually drew in the initial attention with Duppy. Drake haters thought that Adidon sh*t would slow him down but that sh*t was scooby snacks in the large picture.

Yeah, it really looks like Pusha T is struggling.

As far as the diss....if the sole yardstick for a diss record is "did it end/slow down someone's career?" then 90% of the diss records in history wouldn't be praised.

Did "Hit Em Up" slow down BIG? No. Is it considered a classic diss record? Yes. So what are you rambling about? If you took what you just said and applied it to that song in real time cats would've laughed in your face. But you wasn't even into rap back then, so what am I saying? :manny:

Fred.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Yeah, it really looks like Pusha T is struggling.

As far as the diss....if the sole yardstick for a diss record is "did it end/slow down someone's career?" then 90% of the diss records in history wouldn't be praised.

Did "Hit Em Up" slow down BIG? No. Is it considered a classic diss record? Yes. So what are you rambling about? If you took what you just said and applied it to that song in real time cats would've laughed in your face. But you wasn't even into rap back then, so what am I saying? :manny:

Fred.

Hit Em Up is a big song that people still care about to this day.

NOBODY is bumping Adidon after 2 weeks :mjlol: the strength in that song was the gossip, it's not a song that people love. Don't compare it to Hit Em Up.

The audacity :hhh:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

it got more attention cause it made drake respond bro. Lol, it wouldn’t have gotten the attention like that if drake didn’t respond

Tbh every pusha diss to drake got more attention tho.

Exodus did also

GoldenGlove

😐😑😶😑😐
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Budden's production alone is why his records aimed at Drake could never make as much noise as Pusha's shyt.

Pusha T arguably has one of the best ear for beats ever... You pair that with what he had to say and you're automatically generating more interest on the topic at hand

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Budden's production alone is why his records aimed at Drake could never make as much noise as Pusha's shyt.

Pusha T arguably has one of the best ear for beats ever... You pair that with what he had to say and you're automatically generating more interest on the topic at hand

This also. And the black face pic as the "promo art" for the song.

Fred.

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
it got more attention cause it made drake respond bro. Lol, it wouldn’t have gotten the attention like that if drake didn’t respond

Tbh every pusha diss to drake got more attention tho.

Exodus did also

what about when drake dissed common?

common is a movie star. but their beef had no traction.

I still think it was the gossip bars, the Kanye/drake factor, and I forgot about the blackface.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i just pressed play on that Afraid and it sounds like a love song :dahell:

beat is melancholy as fukk. i dont wanna hear diss tracks that sound like a lover scorned.

give me Blood On The Wall over this every day.