Why did the Pusha T/Drake beef seem to get so much more attention than Budden/Drake?

OfTheCross

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Keeping my overhead low, and my understand high
Because Drake responded.

Duppy Freestyle is a Pusha T diss track. Same way Back to Back was a Meek Mill diss track. Although Drake never mentions names in his diss tracks, he's talking directly to Pusha (He's not talking to Kanye). Even producing the invoice will garner attention.

No Shopping was a few subs and he kept it moving.
The end.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Who was backing Joe budden at the time he dissed Drake...

Who cared about a Joe budden album at the time he dissed Drake

:mjlol:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nobody was mad that Drake started shyt with Joe and refused to respond after he got “ethered” on record.

Dude never responded to Common after Sweet either.

There’s been a pattern but this Pusha shyt really got men in their feelings for some reason.

Drake always throws rocks, hides his hand and goes back to making hits.

Y’all thought Pusha was gonna end him but it’s business as usual.
people knew that wouldn’t end drake. His fan base is his fan base and they ain’t going no where. He still got bodied and stans of his like you need to accepted fam

I been seeing the cape since pusha dropped it

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
The funny thing is Joe is a Dark Mirror of Drake in every category of their respective backgrounds so a beef between them would've been perfect, If Drake woulda took the bait

they work so well together, they might as well do a song.

conspiracy theory joe time, but these nikkas were pretty much just promoting each other with fake beef.

budden played everything up until the disses perfectly. his ability to quickly impact somebody like drake showed the power of his voice and gave him the push he needed past the podcast. joe was pitching everyday struggle around and in a diss mentioned pitchfork, fader and specifically complex. complex hyped up the conspiracy theorist/crazy angle just so they could have a viral moment when he was hired and met the guy.

idk how well the disses hit tbh cause all the big lines were things already said and joked about - meek dropped bombs at the very least. they were more personal like he wanted to see a son do better. when joe deaded it and called drake insecure, he said it was just because that was what his brand is built around; i think he deleted the podcast because it alluded to the upcoming switch he helped with. ebro dropping t

like two months later after that podcast, drake dropped fake love, sneakin' and two birds, one stone going at pusha/cudi's head. he doubled down on it telling people not to mention him cause they're geeked. when kanye snapped, he told him he needs to make a hit song and stop crying (lmaooooooooooooo, big shot considering he helped write the album he was touring)

Who wants to bet on them both dissing Eminem?

Love Sosa

Superstar
Daps
Nobody besides Joe Budden fans care about rapping Joe Budden. Most attention he got in that beef was throwing rocks at teenagers. Who is going to listen to a man talk about another man for an hour.

Pusha has more fans and his diss was better and to the point

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
Im just a casual hiphop follower so let me know where I'm incorrect

From what I understand, Drake threw shots at Joe Budden over Budden being critical of Views on his radio show. Budden has generally been pretty fair to Drake and given him props for his success and music, but on Views, Budden, as a rap critic, gave his legitimate opinion. Budden released Afraid (and maybe another diss track?) in response to the shots Drake threw at him.

I think Afraid is a pretty great diss track and here is where the point of this thread is. I don't understand why the Pusha T/Drake situation reached higher attention than Drake's issue with Budden BEFORE Pusha got into Drake's kid and the black face picture. What I mean is, before that diss track from Pusha T happened, it seemed like the issue between Pusha and Drake already got more attention than Budden's diss to Drake. Why is that? Pusha doesn't seem to be any more of a rap artist than Budden is (and maybe I'm really off on this).

I totally get how once Pusha released Adonis (revealing Drake has a baby and the situation behind that and the black face pic) the situation between Pusha and Drake got a ton of attention. But even before that, it seems people were giving this situation more attention than Budden ever got when he put out a pretty great (IMO) diss track to Drake

Am I wrong on how I perceive the situation? I just kind of feel Budden never gets the acknowledgment he deserves and I wonder why that is
pusha and drake beef been going on for a while.

it finally boiled over when drake finally responded.

exodus by pusha and i think drake said something on 2 birds then push said something on his album then drake did that gumby dummy wtf that track is called then push finally dropped that ether :wow:

Da_Eggman

Can't trust every face you gotta watch em
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So-Fla
cus it was Joe Buddens :stopitslime:

saying that we beefing dog but you on your own :russ:

one of Aubreys goat line sums it all up

Terrance Curtis Beasley

These ni*gas claim Top 5 but we OVOK
Daps
drakeblackface.jpg

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
pusha outdrake'd drake.
and that intrigued the public, plus of course the promise of more fukkery (which unfortunately didn't happen)
pusha did a 'is it your tour or your girl tour' to drake.
it was a spectacle and it was marvelous.
:manny:

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
There was buzz about the summer of Kanye albums...pusha made a good album and called out Drake....Drake immediately responded and everyone thought it was meek mill all over again and Drake was untouchable and invincible

Little did we know Pusha baited him so well and had the comeback track ready with the black face picture and ammo

Great time in hip hop

Joe Budden was corny when pump it up came out and always has been for losers his energy is irrelevance

That's your answer

But good for him he found relevance as someone who has more success commenting on the industry than being a player in it