Why did the Pusha T/Drake beef seem to get so much more attention than Budden/Drake?

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
what about when drake dissed common?

common is a movie star. but their beef had no traction.

I still think it was the gossip bars, the Kanye/drake factor, and I forgot about the blackface.
Common diss was pretty big in the culture also. By drake gave him a couple bars on a feature verse from a mixtape.

Drake gave pusha a whole song, plus we been wanting drake to lose a beef since meek mill lol. So all people that was against the ghost writing on pushing heavy

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Because no one outside of buddens stans care about anything he has to say. Hes a fukking talkshow host now. Ricki Lake and Jenny Jones of hip hop. No one has taken him seriously as an authority since he got punched in the eye and was holding a baddie of frozen veggies to his noggin to numb the pain.

Pusha is different. Completely different. No contest.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im just a casual hiphop follower so let me know where I'm incorrect

From what I understand, Drake threw shots at Joe Budden over Budden being critical of Views on his radio show. Budden has generally been pretty fair to Drake and given him props for his success and music, but on Views, Budden, as a rap critic, gave his legitimate opinion. Budden released Afraid (and maybe another diss track?) in response to the shots Drake threw at him.

I think Afraid is a pretty great diss track and here is where the point of this thread is. I don't understand why the Pusha T/Drake situation reached higher attention than Drake's issue with Budden BEFORE Pusha got into Drake's kid and the black face picture. What I mean is, before that diss track from Pusha T happened, it seemed like the issue between Pusha and Drake already got more attention than Budden's diss to Drake. Why is that? Pusha doesn't seem to be any more of a rap artist than Budden is (and maybe I'm really off on this).

I totally get how once Pusha released Adonis (revealing Drake has a baby and the situation behind that and the black face pic) the situation between Pusha and Drake got a ton of attention. But even before that, it seems people were giving this situation more attention than Budden ever got when he put out a pretty great (IMO) diss track to Drake

Am I wrong on how I perceive the situation? I just kind of feel Budden never gets the acknowledgment he deserves and I wonder why that is
Hidden baby, ran through Baby momma, black Face?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Am I wrong on how I perceive the situation? I just kind of feel Budden never gets the acknowledgment he deserves and I wonder why that is

Because the casual listener only knows pump it up which is kinda of a running joke.

Joe Budden has a critically acclaimed run but drake fans for example have no clue. Joe really not concerned with them anyway

Homeboy Runny-Ray

From Around The Way
Daps
Reppin
Classic Niccas
Common diss was pretty big in the culture also. By drake gave him a couple bars on a feature verse from a mixtape.

Drake gave pusha a whole song, plus we been wanting drake to lose a beef since meek mill lol. So all people that was against the ghost writing on pushing heavy

not really, but im not talking bout the culture anyway.

budden diss was after meek mill.