Why did the popularity of Krispy Kreme die down? Did the quality falloff?

invalid

Banned
Daps
There was never any quality :skip:. It's just a cheap ass donut that makes your teeth hurt when you bite into it.

Yeah there quality has always been ass. I always get sick after eating one.

And if you have access to the higher end gourmet donut shops, you'd never want to have a KK ever again.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Let’s be honest. When they really blew up it was magical and there is no way you can sustain that level of growth.

Like most businesses like that they enjoyed the success when they entered the national market but there is no way you can continue to grow year after year for a niche market like donuts. They are still around and doing well.

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
lol nikka I had Waco crash dummies, they ain’t doin shyt

Shipleys is weak . If only they knew what an Asian donut store was like

shipleys use cake frosting instead of glaze... wtf kind of shyt is that? How you can’t make donut holes as a donut company? :mjlol:
I don't like them either
My ex acted like them shyts was the key to heaven

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Its more region specific…I’m in Denver compared to other states not too many overweight people or fast food joins. The 2 KK’s are way up north and south in the burbs.
New Adult Obesity Maps

brfss_2019_ob_all.svg
Big ass difference
Denver always been like top 3 fittest state in the nation

MajesticLion

Superstar
Daps
If really pushed to it I'd choose Sublime Donuts over KK.

Other than that, these basil rolls are godly.

AJD

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, same thing happened to Pizza Hut. Back in the day their original recipes with transfats made for much better tasting pizza. But the government banned a lot of transfats a few years back because it is extremely unhealthy which is true but it made foods like donuts and pizza taste a lot better.

I'd rather stay healthy and lean but I admit I do miss the great taste of those original recipes with transfats in them.
It's bullshyt that the govt gotta restrict unhealthy fats and reduce sugars in original recipe foods/drinks because too many fatties don't have discipline nor self control to keep it in moderation. Sometimes a nikka just wanna have some flavorful, savory junk once in a while.:beli: