Why Did Rappers Embrace The Mafiaso Rap

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
When the mafia didnt like black people

the mafia did work with black groups to run numbers in the old days, the mafia also did not like jews yet Meyer Lansky and Hy Larner were about as big an authority in the underworld as anyone from the mafia were.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
the mafia did work with black groups to run numbers in the old days, the mafia also did not like jews yet Meyer Lansky and Hy Larner were about as big an authority in the underworld as anyone from the mafia were.
That doesn't mean they "liked" black people. The Mafia did work with EVERY group to make $$$ but that does not dismiss the fact that they looked down on blacks and commonly called us "moulinyans", especially the old school Italian gangsters. Why do you think black criminal groups wanted to break away from Italian influences during the 60s and 70s?

Juggalo Fred

Juggalo and horrorcore enthusiast
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Juggalo island
That doesn't mean they "liked" black people. The Mafia did work with EVERY group to make $$$ but that does not dismiss the fact that they looked down on blacks and commonly called us "moulinyans", especially the old school Italian gangsters. Why do you think black criminal groups wanted to break away from Italian influences during the 60s and 70s?

Because of a beef Sam Giancana had to order a killing of a legendary black gangster named Teddy Roe and Sam's direct quote on phone taps about the hit was:

"I'll say this, that b*stard went out like a man. He had balls. It was a fukk'n shame to kill him."

There was respect where it was due.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
:pachaha:

Yeh they got money to sell poison to their own people.

Freeway Ricky Ross? Kewn

Frank Lucas? Kewn

and of those other dirtbag fakkits

Freeway Rick Ross was not connected to the Italian Mob. If he was then that's something new to me. But anyways....

1. RR was from LA and historically the Italian mob had a small presence in LA.
2. By the time of RR, most major black drug kingpins would have been INDEPENDENT from Italians for drug source and would have gotten their drugs directly from the source and distributed it themselves.

But agreed with Frank Lucas...

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
"I'll say this, that b*stard went out like a man. He had balls. It was a fukk'n shame to kill him."

You left out the full quote...:stopitslime:

Over an FBI wiretap during the early 1970s, Giancana said of Roe,
"I'll say this. ****** or no ******, that b*stard went out like a man. He had balls. It was a fukkin' shame to kill him."

Real respect...:beli:

And plus it still does not dismiss the fact that Italian mob looked down upon blacks in general.

EndDomination

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Its the entire lifestyle aspect. If you're a young dude, whose selling drugs on the corner, you hope for a lot better. You still want the fast money, the nice cars, and the allies, you don't want prison. Its like a kid who wants to be a CEO when he grows up, only this seems more reachable.
Yes, Italians were racist. A lot of anime/kung-fu/samurai movies/shows were/are too, and that had a big influence (whether you believe it or not).
The Italians just represented a lifestyle, the difference is they didn't sell to their community, they didn't normally shyt where they slept, the Black mafiasos/gangsters would sell that shyt right in their hood.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
:patrice:

Then speak, I don't think them brehs having any type of alliance with the Aryans went deeper than business:yeshrug:
To me why would blacks look up to a person who was willing to work with a known racist organization that is known for killing blacks? Thats just my personal opinion. I know it was just business but Gotti probably agreed with the AB views on non-whites anyway. But your most likely right. But still I like watching mob stuff like the Sopranos but I definitely dont look up to them.

Now Frank Matthews is another story.:win::win::win::win::win:

Daps
To me why would blacks look up to a person who was willing to work with a known racist organization that is known for killing blacks? Thats just my personal opinion. I know it was just business but Gotti probably agreed with the AB views on non-whites anyway. But your most likely right. But still I like watching mob stuff like the Sopranos but I definitely dont look up to them.

Now Frank Matthews is another story.:win::win::win::win::win:

I mean thats also like saying why would Americans Cacs look up to a Black American celeb because certain Black American celebs have done business with organizations that preach racist doctrine against cacs (i.e. 5%er, NOI, etc)

Its not the Italians responsibility to stay loyal to us, they have one motive, business.

its a typical Jay Z move.

Dame you looking at all these coorporations as your enemy and you dont want me to fukk with them. but Jay's like im in here for the business I dont need to have loyalty to you on some personal shyt. "Guess we forgot what we came for"

And if you remember that era, you would understand why they adopted it. In the early to the mid 90s,Thats when John Gotti was on top of the mob. and the mob was powerful in NYC. Breh was the first boss to be flamboyant having the paps chase him. He was on the news all the time with $19,000 European suits and custom Prada. District Attorney trying to indict him and and hes getting aquitted of all these murder/intimidation charges. highjacking the finances of these skyscrapers being built in Manhattan and all this shyt is on the 10PM news. Did I not mention he was a verified crime boss ?

If you a street nikka a person with that image is GOD to you.