Why did nikkas loves Georgetown so much in the 90's?

Scottie Drippin

Should Never Mention Me
Daps
Reppin
The Traps of Unified Korea
People really exposing themselves saying Iverson when he was on the team after a lot of the pics and references in the OP :russ:

Iverson almost represents the end of the Hoyas relevancy. It started with the Ewing squad in the early 80s and after Iverson left was was the beginning of the decline.

Black coach, black players, black city, iconic logo and color scheme.

International S.

"He never had the makings of a varsity athlete"
Daps
Reppin
Portsmouth, VA
nikkas in here exposing themselves not knowing the importance of John Thompson

:mjpls:
JT was that nikka...wouldn't allow drug dealers to even hang around his players
I saw him in a Kmart on christmas eve once
John_R__Thompson.jpg

DollaBill

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Chi Town
U heard the story of John Thompson standing up to Rayful Edmond
You beat me to it. I think Alonzo Mourning had to testify at Rayful Edmonds trial.

GEORGETOWN COACH: MET WITH DRUG DEALER
CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Georgetown basketball coach John Thompson said Thursday he met with an alleged drug kingpin and asked him to steer clear of his players after learning that several Hoyas were frequenting a bar where drug trafficking is common.

Thompson told ABC News that he summoned the alleged drug dealer, 24-year- old Rayful Edmond III, after learning that many of his players were socializing at Chapter III, a Washington nightclub where students and alleged drug dealers regularly gather.
''I sent the word out on the street that I`d like to talk to him,''

Thompson said. ''It was almost like a tacit agreement: `Do me a favor-if you see anything going on out there, use whatever resources you have to stop it from happening.''
Thompson said he met with Edmond in February. On April 15, Edmond and 15 others were arrested and charged with running a cocaine ring.

U.S. Atty. Jay Stephens has estimated that Edmond`s group may be responsible for up to 20 percent of the cocaine trafficking in the nation`s capital.
''What I was trying to do . . . was not wait until something happened, that would hurt one of the kids,'' Thompson told ABC. ''(I didn`t want) to have a body laying there, someone who had been using drugs.''

Drug Enforcement Administration Special Agent John Wilder said several of the Georgetown players were among dozens of youths he spoke to while attempting to build a case against Edmond.

''Nightline'' host Ted Koppel reported that Thompson learned that center Alonzo Mourning and forward John Turner were among the Hoyas who frequented the nightclub.
GEORGETOWN COACH: MET WITH DRUG DEALER

Johnny Kilroy

79 points in 1 quarter
Daps
Reppin
the midrange
:aicmon:

Good hoops squad
Legendary black coach
DC errea
Dope colors
Dope mascot/logo

I had this G-Town starter jacket as a shorty, :whoo: Held onto that joint til I could barely button it. :russ: Moms was like :usure: :camby:

Copped a pair of replica shorts back in HS and pulled a lady hoya at the park first day wearing em. A breh was really feeling himself that day and I owe it all to Georgetown basketball. :wow: