Why did nikkas loves Georgetown so much in the 90's?

Daps
Biggie was talking about having dope all up in DC. Like a lot of rappers at that time, they would go to the Mid-Atlantic to hustle.

I've heard people mention this before about New York brehs going down to the DMV area and making money.

What makes that area so attractive for hustling? Just a change of scenery/competition or something specific to that area?

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably because of having a black coach and a lot of prominent black basketball players have come through there (Iverson, Alonzo, Ewing).

Last edited:

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
They were a really good team in the 80s and college gear in that era was really tuff. Plus Georgetown produced Patrick Ewing, Alonzo and some others.

Admiral Ackbar

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
John Thompson, Charles Smith, Mutombo and Mourning were running shyt for a solid decade.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
John Thompson was a icon :banderas:

Breh had the towel draped over his shoulder and played no games. Georgetown was the shyt when I was a kid long before AI got there. The Big East and the ACC were college basketball back then

Folks be forgetting about AI’s backcourt teammate Victor Page tho
Vic was nice. nikka was just doing dumb shyt around the area. But I had no idea that people outside of the DMV thought Georgetown was an HBCU like I did. Big John essentially asking Rayful to stay away from his guys shows how well he was respected.

Once Lefty left after Len Bias, it was pretty much Georgetown and nothing else for a lot of basketball fans, especially when Gary started at College Park.

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Vic was nice. nikka was just doing dumb shyt around the area. But I had no idea that people outside of the DMV thought Georgetown was an HBCU like I did. Big John essentially asking Rayful to stay away from his guys shows how well he was respected.

Once Lefty left after Len Bias, it was pretty much Georgetown and nothing else for a lot of basketball fans, especially when Gary started at College Park.
I can’t lie I thought it was a black school too and I grew up right near DC
:heh:

Every image associated with the school was black and it’s not like they had a football team or something