Why did nikkas loves Georgetown so much in the 90's?

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Had everything to do with the coach and the team that played hard AF. Plus it was in a chocolate city in DC. We talking 80/90s DC, crack era! There was so much money in the streets back then.

I still hate the fact our best athletes don’t go to HBCU’s. How dope would that be that white people would have to come to us for our athletes and beg and grovel for them to endorse their shytty products or play for their teams.

Suleiman Bey

Banned
Daps
Had everything to do with the coach and the team that played hard AF. Plus it was in a chocolate city in DC. We talking 80/90s DC, crack era! There was so much money in the streets back then.

I still hate the fact our best athletes don’t go to HBCU’s. How dope would that be that white people would have to come to us for our athletes and beg and grovel for them to endorse their shytty products or play for their teams.
Don't forget Ewing, Mourning, Mutombo, etc. Centers were marquee back then.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I think Iverson was after boyz n da hood and menace 2 society. :jbhmm:

All that love you see for Georgetown in those pics is residual from the early 80's Ewing squads. They were Black America's team.

71hS%2BVPFUzL._AC_SX425_.jpg

Didn't know much about college ball back then. Actually looks like he graduated when I was born so I wouldn't have anyways. I know Mourning had played there too. Looks like it was after Ewing tho. Mutombo played there too with Zo. That was quite the duo there.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Didn't know much about college ball back then. Actually looks like he graduated when I was born so I wouldn't have anyways. I know Mourning had played there too. Looks like it was after Ewing tho. Mutombo played there too with Zo. That was quite the duo there.

ya dude that brought up zo was correct...the late 80s/early 90s squads were sick...I remember watching those games w/ pops...that was around the time too that I personally fell in love w/ basketball...before that I was mostly into baseball and football