Why did black ppl universally agree that Halle Berry was the GOAT black woman in the 90's-00's?

Pit Bull

GATOR
Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw Mafia
I always thought Nia Long had the prettier face, but I think Halle’s body put her over the edge.

I will say that, at the same time, there were monoracial black women that should’ve been placed on the same pedestal as Halle (ie. Kenya Moore). But colorism is just a part of black history/present, sooo...
She the same color as Nia Long though:comeon:Halle Berry look black.

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
Halle was beautiful, bad & fly af during the 90s matter of fact her along with Robin Givens they were among my favorite actresses I had crushes on in high school & I feel like there's two different eras of Halle (90s & 00s) to look at in retrospective, but after that Monster Ball shyt I stopped with her and never looked back and I think ever since she played in that movie the perception and reputation of her has been somewhat damaged.

Kyle C. Barker

Migos VERZUZ Mahalia Jackson
Daps
MV5BMzA2YTA1NmItYzM2NS00ZmQ4LWI0NjctNDE3NTU0ZGZiZDU1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzQzMDg3OTA@._V1_.jpg

Queen.

My first intro to Halle. I have never been so excited to see a slavery/reconstruction period piece in my life.

:krs:

Even my parents thought an 11 year old Gabbo was a little too enthusiastic about this slave movie :patrice:

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I don't think anyone exposed to a lot of black women IRL thought that Halle was the baddest on the planet. But in conversation, you have to use a general reference point, which at that point limited us to mainstream celebs.

I think KD Aubert was more attractive than Halle, but who the f**k is KD Aubert? A C-List actress. Halle was in mainstream movies. Only one I've seen posted that could legit challenge Halle for the title at the time was Tyra.

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
I don't think anyone exposed to a lot of black women IRL thought that Halle was the baddest on the planet. But in conversation, you have to use a general reference point, which at that point limited us to mainstream celebs.

I think KD Aubert was more attractive than Halle, but who the f**k is KD Aubert? A C-Movie actress. Halle was in mainstream movies. Only one I've seen posted that could legit challenge Halle for the title at the time was Tyra.

Yall need to stop with this Tyra bullshyt. Stacey Dash, Salli Richardson, Jada Pinkett, Nia Long all look better than Tyra.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
It's because Halle was the baddest with the biggest profile.
Only other chicks that were on that level or near it during the 90's -early 00's was Janet Jackson. After that, in no particular order, you prolly got Tyra, Toni, Nia, Jada, and Vivica Fox to make up most of the top ten. Some of the randoms that nikkas are naming just weren't big enough stars to cross over and be the universal standard for most nikkas.

Me personally....Rachael from Planet Groove and Caribbean Rhythms on BET > Halle Berry and most of the top 10 back then,
but not everyone knew who she was, but the ones who did definitely had her on that level of beauty.

at the end of the day you had to live during those times and have had those random convos about that shyt to know what was mentioned. From my experience, I've heard more nikkas use Halle as a reference than any other chick back then. :manny: