Why did black ppl universally agree that Halle Berry was the GOAT black woman in the 90's-00's?

MMA

Superstar
Daps
I'm :flabbynsick: in this category who are the it actress today?
Halle Berry has got to be one of the most overrated, not just looks but work (films) done. 90% of her work after the mid 90's has been trash to me :hubie:

Feels like we've left a lot of what white media companies have chosen has our representation today.
They tried pushing Tinashe and some other manufactured lightskin/biracial actress, singers on us - people aren't taking the bait no more.
Another reason why I'm believing we are seeing such a decline in largely known young black actresses.
We are also seeing the pushback while they attempt to make these nazi lover films with these actresses they expect our people to drool over :scusthov:

Last edited:

Daio

PS_UMTS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Little Rock
tumblr_owlhziLPsm1vuiureo1_400.gif

HalleBerry.gif

because

TheGreatMTB

All Star
Daps
Halle is considered the goat because she appealed to black and white men. A lot of white people (women included) at my old job considered her to be the end all be all in terms of attractive black women.

With that being said....let's not act like she wasn't fine af. Go watch Boomerang...go watch some of those old movies. Pictures don't always do her justice you gotta look at her in motion

IslandG

All Star
Daps
once Strictly Business came out it was a wrap

strictlybusiness23.jpg

the face, the hairstyle, the body

she leapfrogged every female entertainer at once..

===============================================

-----the guy who said she can't act, is right though

My introduction to Halle Berry. I watched the movie with my mouth open. Pretty much this :ohhh::lupe: throughout. Most beautiful girl I had ever seen.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
yes the 90s were sort of a rejection of the beauty standards of the 1980s... arguably the 4 most visible new female stars of the 90s....were brown skinned women who had short hair styles ......Halle, Toni Braxton, Nia Long and Jada.

I think women rejected 1980s standards for men also...

Yep they were the top 5 baddest and then Beyonce happened