Why did black ppl universally agree that Halle Berry was the GOAT black woman in the 90's-00's?

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I remember that scene from the movie The Uninvited Guest. That nikka was licking on her toes then ate the box right on that table and made her cream herself. Her mourns had a young me hard as a rock :wow:
I use to have a gif will have to see if i still have it.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I'm from that era as well and colorism always plays a part. I would consider Halle lighter skin (not high yellow like Alicia Keys), but still of lighter skin tone. For instance, Robin Lee is just as pretty but I would never compare her industry push to Halle. Megan Good is just as sexy but her career and pedestal is still not comparable to Halle Berry. As I lighter brown person, I'm being very fair here (no bias).

In reference to her biracial background, pushing nothing but biracial black women to the forefront does impact how the black community views beauty, regardless of if that person is immediately viewed as biracial or not. The entire world thinks that biracial people are better looking than monoracial people. Clearly this is not facts, but after pushing biracials as an incorrect representation of black people (especially black women) why wouldn't they think that? I've actually read a guy (not on this site) post that stated that he automatically thinks a chick is prettier if he finds out that she is mixed. Just utter foolishness. SMDH.

At some point, we have to recognize the programming that we are bombarded with as black people. And that programming states that (from wealth, to intelligence, to beauty), black people are less than, unless they are blessed with white blood.
I think we're making different points.

Where was the push behind Jasmine Guy, who was visibly mixed and who emerged in pop culture in a successful tv show?
She was good looking, had acting ability, great comic timing, and name recognition.

Dudes are simplifying and revising history.

the 90s rejected a lot of the standards of the 80s.....Wesley Snipes wouldn't have blown up in the 1980s for example.....

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
I'm from that era as well and colorism always plays a part. I would consider Halle lighter skin (not high yellow like Alicia Keys), but still of lighter skin tone. For instance, Robin Lee is just as pretty but I would never compare her industry push to Halle. Megan Good is just as sexy but her career and pedestal is still not comparable to Halle Berry. As I lighter brown person, I'm being very fair here (no bias).

In reference to her biracial background, pushing nothing but biracial black women to the forefront does impact how the black community views beauty, regardless of if that person is immediately viewed as biracial or not. The entire world thinks that biracial people are better looking than monoracial people. Clearly this is not facts, but after pushing biracials as an incorrect representation of black people (especially black women) why wouldn't they think that? I've actually read a guy (not on this site) post that stated that he automatically thinks a chick is prettier if he finds out that she is mixed. Just utter foolishness. SMDH.

At some point, we have to recognize the programming that we are bombarded with as black people. And that programming states that (from wealth, to intelligence, to beauty), black people are less than, unless they are blessed with white blood.

It was plenty of biracial actress that did not get the same love as Halle that came out at the same time as her. The whole she is biracial thing is bullshyt

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
halle-berry-and-jasmine-guy-pose-for-paparazzi-on-red-carpet-video-id555779497

Whitley was still good looking here, and Halle is straight shytting on her

this must be from the premiere of Queen (the most terrible acting you will ever see, btw)