Why did black ppl universally agree that Halle Berry was the GOAT black woman in the 90's-00's?

JoseLuisGotcha

Aka Allhiphopsux
Daps
Reppin
#717 --> #215 #PA #ByrdGang
She was bad but she is a head case ...you’d be surprised how many “bad bytches" are head cases....i read about her upbringing and it seems she got real daddy issues and her pops used to beat her moms so that could be the reasoning behind it i don't know...but she was great to look at

but my 90's queen will forever be Sade :banderas::noah:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
once Strictly Business came out it was a wrap

strictlybusiness23.jpg

the face, the hairstyle, the body

she leapfrogged every female entertainer at once..

===============================================

-----the guy who said she can't act, is right though

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I always thought Nia Long had the prettier face, but I think Halle’s body put her over the edge.

I will say that, at the same time, there were monoracial black women that should’ve been placed on the same pedestal as Halle (ie. Kenya Moore). But colorism is just a part of black history/present, sooo...

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I always thought Nia Long had the prettier face, but I think Halle’s body put her over the edge.

I will say that, at the same time, there were monoracial black women that should’ve been placed on the same pedestal as Halle (ie. Kenya Moore). But colorism is just a part of black history/present, sooo...

I'm from that era..and until she said that her mom was white, nobody thought of halle berry as being biracial......I don't think people viewed her as light skinned either to keep it 100.

I don't think colorism had as much to do with her taking the crown as people are making it seem.

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
none of them had anywhere near the profile Halle did, Halle was a legit star, which worked in her favor

Lotta the chicks being posted in here the average Higgs wouldn't even know by name :francis:
thats the point Halle got propped up by mainstream Hollywood