Why Did 70's Music Age So Much Better Than 80's Music?

player611

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Love 80's music.

MJ, Prince, Debarge, George Michael, Whitney, New Edition, Hall & Oates, Rick James, Isley Brothers, New jack Swing, Golden Era Hip Hop, etc. etc.

This is what I'm saying. You could play music from that decade, from any of these artists, today and it'll still sound fantastic. Even hip hop from the late 80's still gets spins. This thread premise was poorly researched or made by someone with no knowledge of musical history.

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
60's, 70's and 80's were solid times for black music. It was only late 90's we started to lose a lot of the skills and musicianship that a lot of the old school had.

Like a lot of these artist would tour consistently,they'd been brought up within the church so knew how to play instruments and worked hard on their craft.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
1920s jazz used real instruments and that sounds dated as fukk, no derespect it is still good music.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
This is what I'm saying. You could play music from that decade, from any of these artists, today and it'll still sound fantastic. Even hip hop from the late 80's still gets spins. This thread premise was poorly researched or made by someone with no knowledge of musical history.

I made that post and then went to the barber shop where they were playing this join. Had everybody grooving.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
DatNkkaCutty said:
:russell:.....You must not know the 70s.

71aef179_sit-your-dumb-ass-down-o.gif

Let me hit YOU with THESE timeless 80's classics......

You cannot tell me shyt about this, son. I was listening to 70's music in Head Start and Kindergarten.

:snooze:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
IMO, the main reason people like the 70's more is because 80's music wasn't sampled as heavily in hip hop before sample clearance issues became a deciding factor.

Thank you, Biz Markie.

Anyhow, many people on here have never really listened to 80's music aside from the various '80's Music' threads which normally have the requisite profusion of Caucasian/MTV music artists, but rarely have any Black artists in them.

I'm here to change that .......

Might have to move this to 'The Booth' by the time I'm done.​