Why Did 70's Music Age So Much Better Than 80's Music?

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
80's classics

:hubie:

Dude, I could just post one of Stevie Wonder's albums from the '70s and blow all of that away. :heh:
1. That ain't the argument. 'Big production = bad' is your issue.

2. That is a false claim since, a) Lakesides' biggest hit/most successful albums were in the 80's and, b) Kool & The Gang had more success in the 80's than the 70's.​
1. Nothing is absolute in art. Yeah, there's classics made in the '80s, but overall, the music didn't stand up to the test of time, in comparison to music from the '70s. :yeshrug:

2. Lakeside released "Fantastic Voyage" in 1980, which barely qualifes, plus the song was probably recorded in 1979

3. Kool & the Gang had more hits because they transformed into an easy listening band for Cac housewives in the '80s.

Their best songs like, "Jungle Boogie" "Open Sesame" & "Summer Madness" came out in the '70s

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Dude, I could just post one of Stevie Wonder's albums from the '70s and blow all of that away. :heh:

if we are picking famous artists to make a point remember that thriller came out in the 80's breh :ufdup:

we are talking about the music irrespective of how big the artists are/were

pop/romantic soul-wise 80's spawned classic albums from jacko, madonna, lionel ritchie, commodores, teddy pendergrass, luther vandros, freddie jackson, david peaston, alex o neal, janet jackson, sos band, maze, gap band

just to name a few

Last edited:

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
I grew up in the 80’s so I have a special love for that decade.

My parents put me up on 70’s shyt so I’ll always appreciate them for that.

I still think with the way people like The Weeknd be trying to recreate 80’s pop, and how H.E.R. just had her producer pitch down an 80’s quietstorm classic to make one of her better songs.

The 80’s ain’t going nowhere. Artists in the 80’s were definitely more creative than a lot of artists that came out years later. I mean Computer Love probably makes more sense NOW than it did back then when they dropped it. Lyrics timeless, best still dope. This falls into the “aged terribly” lane right since they used 80’s sounds for the music.

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
1. Nothing is absolute in art.
No one is stating otherwise......except you.​
Yeah, there's classics made in the '80s, but overall, the music didn't stand up to the test of time, in comparison to music from the '70s. :yeshrug:
This is a purely subjective opinion.​
2. Lakeside released "Fantastic Voyage" in 1980, which barely qualifes, plus the song was probably recorded in 1979
And the albums AFTER it sold better than the albums BEFORE it.​
3. Kool & the Gang had more hits because they transformed into an easy listening band for Cac housewives in the '80s.
This is also false.​
Their best songs like, "Jungle Boogie" "Open Sesame" & "Summer Madness" came out in the '70s
Those are your subjective opinions, not 'absolutes'.​

Daps
Reppin
St louis

Are you asking me why it aged better?
UKVu0t8.gif

Daps
Reppin
St louis
Are you asking me why it aged better?
UKVu0t8.gif
The 70's was pure instrumentation!!!
The Sound of that lint being separated
from that wax by the needle is another experience.
More conscience and even songs about
fukkin were cleverly hinted upon.

The 80's was literally black music
fusing with tech/synch.
We got great music from the 80's
but it was very synthetic compared to the 70's.

UKVu0t8.gif

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
if we are picking famous artists to make a point remember that thriller came out in the 80's breh :ufdup:

we are talking about the music irrespective of how big the artists are/were

pop/romantic soul-wise 80's spawned classic albums from jacko, madonna, lionel ritchie, commodores, teddy pendergrass, luther vandros, freddie jackson, david peaston, alex o neal, janet jackson, sos band, maze, gap band

just to name a few
Most Black folks will pick "Off The Wall" (1979) over "Thriller" (1982) :yeshrug:
No one is stating otherwise......except you.

This is a purely subjective opinion.

And the albums AFTER it sold better than the albums BEFORE it.

This is also false.

Those are your subjective opinions, not 'absolutes'.​
YDUkkyg.gif

I never said no good music came out in the '80s.

I Love TONS of '80s music.

What I said and the whole point of the thread is that '70s music AGED better.

I haven't seen anything in this thread that has shown anything to the contrary. :stopitslime: