Why couldn't America's DBZ have great music like the Japanese

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I know a lot of yall gonna disagree with the TS b/c you were raised on the trash American dub but he's right. The OG Gohan SSJ2 scene is a prime example.

I was so pissed when they edited it and colored out the blood. I still have all of the original Japanese DBZ episodes and the theme is totally different. They really made it goofy and more geared towards kids when Toonami and CN decided to dub it. So much editing its crazy. The music being stripped away was an immediate turn off.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
It's funny how times have changed

I started watching DBZ back in 99 and your would have been looked at as nuts back then.. The dub was shytted on left and right..

:yeshrug:

This shyt still gives me chills:wow:

I almost threw up watching this

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Funimation was extremely corny to start and inaccurate alot with their dub.. They got better over time

To those saying the Ocean Dub is better, point me in a direction I can watch..

Everything I've seen from the Ocean version sounded horrible.

:huhldup:

• Dap
Reactions: 904

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
I know a lot of yall gonna disagree with the TS b/c you were raised on the trash American dub but he's right. The OG Gohan SSJ2 scene is a prime example.

I was so pissed when they edited it and colored out the blood. I still have all of the original Japanese DBZ episodes and the theme is totally different. They really made it goofy and more geared towards kids when Toonami and CN decided to dub it. So much editing its crazy. The music being stripped away was an immediate turn off.

Most of the 90's singy Japanese songs on Z was great my problem is the shytty 1970's orchestra music that didn't match of Z.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's

I think nobody could get the license to that ssj2 Gohan song again

But yeah when Fuunimation hired Ocean initially they edited out about 15 episodes worth of material from the beginning of Z to the time where Goku arrived on Namek..

They don't know the struggle:wow:

Downloading Japanese episodes in shytty quality and watching them on Real Player:mjlol:

Eventually I bought the Fuunimation DVDs when they came out and would watch the DUB with the Japanese subtitles on to see what they were really supposed to be saying.. shyt would be totally different.. Damn near changing the stories at times..

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I like a lot of the melodies in the Faulconer score but them cheap ass intrsuments ain't it. The Kikuchi score is epic and fits the tone of a Kung-Fu show. And a plug for my beats lol:

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think nobody could get the license to that ssj2 Gohan song again

But yeah when Fuunimation hired Ocean initially they edited out about 15 episodes worth of material from the beginning of Z to the time where Goku arrived on Namek..

They don't know the struggle:wow:

Downloading Japanese episodes in shytty quality and watching them on Real Player:mjlol:

Eventually I bought the Fuunimation DVDs when they came out and would watch the DUB with the Japanese subtitles on to see what they were really supposed to be saying.. shyt would be totally different.. Damn near changing the stories at times..
I feel you. I still have DB,DBZ, DBGT, and all the original movies 1-15 in Real Audio burned to data disc (CD-Rs). Back then people were all over the net selling subtitled fansubs. I reached out to a cat in Japan to send them to me before it even reached the US. I think I paid like 60 for the entire series. The quality was horrible back then but hell this was even before HDTVs were even a reality and DVDs were still brand new.
2zz6ez6.jpg

The struggle was real.:damn:

Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
Even dragon ball fighterz defaults to the Japanese dub :blessed:

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Im tempted to neg. Who in japan is paying yall to say this? Because the us dragonball z is superior to the japanese version in everyway shape and form so I know yall gotta be getting paid off. Listen if I'm paid double what their getting paid Ill say lie too
otherwise :yeshrug:
tenor.gif