Why can't Sony be bothered to create something like Xbox Smart Delivery?

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Not only is this shyt greedy, it limits what 3rd party studios can do with patches for last gen games.

The sole reason cyberpunk has gotten worse on PS5 while getting better on every other console is because Sony doesn't allow ps5 exclusive patches for ps4 games. The best developers can do is unlock the framerate for the ps4 pro version.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"Play Pay has no limits"
"Pay Together"
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection – Details on the remastered bundle

And mind you this is for a minimal upgrade to the game. You get 4K native at 30fps, fake 4K at 60fps, and 1080p 120fps, faster load times, and Spatial audio.

At this point the PS5 tax is real. They got us paying for basic patches at this point.

Also the PS4 version of Lost Legacy was removed from the store for obvious reasons.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA07737_00-UNCHD4LOSTLEGACY
Not shocked at all. I knew they'd do this since they did it with Ghosts of Tsushima and w/e bullshyt they had before. Not copping. I'll probably try it out on PC if it gets some cool mods but no thanks Sony. They only get away with it because millions of gamers don't care and will gladly pay for it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection – Details on the remastered bundle

And mind you this is for a minimal upgrade to the game. You get 4K native at 30fps, fake 4K at 60fps, and 1080p 120fps, faster load times, and Spatial audio.

At this point the PS5 tax is real. They got us paying for basic patches at this point.

Also the PS4 version of Lost Legacy was removed from the store for obvious reasons.
https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP9000-CUSA07737_00-UNCHD4LOSTLEGACY

just seen this in the PS5 thread…absolute fukking joke at this point smh lol

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
To make matters worse these neckbeards decided NOT to include the MP in the collection so the "upgrades" only affect the SP portion? Unacceptable.

I'm not even a fan anymore of these ridiculous practices. 2 step forward(upgrades), 3 steps back(no MP, upgrades come at a cost).

:trash:

But you will continue to defend them in other threads though right? Can we all admit Sony been doing some nutty shyt this generation?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
"Pay Together"

Not shocked at all. I knew they'd do this since they did it with Ghosts of Tsushima and w/e bullshyt they had before. Not copping. I'll probably try it out on PC if it gets some cool mods but no thanks Sony. They only get away with it because millions of gamers don't care and will gladly pay for it.
If you got Uncharted 4 via the Playstation Collection buying a PS5 you are locked out of the upgrade path. Even if you just wanted to play The Lost Legacy and didn't care about the upgrades you have to either find a physical copy or pay full price for the bundle buying a game they allegedly gave you for free.

Right now Target has either game for $10 so people can get a kinda backdoor upgrade for $20 combined instead of $40.
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy - PlayStation 4 (PlayStation Hits)
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - PlayStation 4 (PlayStation Hits)

Another thing of note is I owned The Lost Legacy digitally. It shows I own the new bundle on my library screen now. Seems like a mistake but I'll see when it launches.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony some crooks man.

camron-paid-in-full.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Sony some crooks man.

camron-paid-in-full.gif
It's not about that. Brand goodwill is something Sony has been more than willing to torpedo for marginal financial gain. This is the most successful company in console gaming and they're being what can be described at best as incredibly petty. They're dikking over their customers. Why should you have to read a paragraph to understand how to get access to what is essentially a performance patch?

On Xbox you simply get the version of whatever game you have on the console you're playing it on. If you bought Gears 5 on Xbox One and a Series X patch gets released if you load the Gears 5 you already have on the Series X you get the Series X version.

If you bought Uncharted 4 on PS4 if there's a PS5 patch be prepared to read a paragraph just to figure out how much more you own Sony to access a PS5 patch but know you're paying something more for a game you already purchased for a basic performance upgrade.

You'd figure after the negative blowback from Horizon they'd cut stuff like this out.