Why can't Sony be bothered to create something like Xbox Smart Delivery?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you had the physical copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4 and upgraded it to the PS5 version for free you can't upgrade the PS+ edition to the PS5 version.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I'm confused keeping up with all of this fukkery.

It is very confusing.

In the summer they offered a free upgrade to people who purchased FFVII Remake from PS4 to PS5. They excluded people who had the game from when they offered it on PS+ early in the year. There was no indication that would change. Yesterday 5-6 months later they decided to go back on that and upgrade those PS+ editions to the PS5 version.

People who redeemed that game on PS+ but also own a physical copy and used that summer upgrade from PS4 physical copy to a PS5 version for free can't get the digital PS+ copy upgrade from PS4 to PS5.

It's being treated like a once per account upgrade. Mind you this is something they were never given enough info on to even know the choice they were making. Paying customers are being treated less than people that didn't even buy the game

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
If you had the physical copy of Final Fantasy VII Remake on PS4 and upgraded it to the PS5 version for free you can't upgrade the PS+ edition to the PS5 version.
Yea it happened to me lol.

I'm confused keeping up with all of this fukkery.
That's the point. That you and others (including me) are confused is why it's a problem. I'm not suggesting Sony is purposely obfuscating shyt but it sure as hell doesn't look good. If you buy a license to a game it should just...ya know, work. But they're the "market leader" and all that.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Yea it happened to me lol.

That's the point. That you and others (including me) are confused is why it's a problem. I'm not suggesting Sony is purposely obfuscating shyt but it sure as hell doesn't look good. If you buy a license to a game it should just...ya know, work. But they're the "market leader" and all that.
A standard policy across all games just makes things easier and better for customers.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park
What it appears to be is that technologically, psn is structured a certain way, either by how it came to be organically or driven by company pursuits, perhaps a bit of both but the fact that this is happening is making me think that they had no original plans of doing things like this.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What it appears to be is that technologically, psn is structured a certain way, either by how it came to be organically or driven by company pursuits, perhaps a bit of both but the fact that this is happening is making me think that they had no original plans of doing things like this.
Sony really believed in generations.

All this upgrading and stuff wasn't in the handbook, you was either gonna get the PS4 version or PS5 version.

MS set a new console standard with Smart delivery how they handle upgrades.